[added] zm_zomb_eh_towers_v6_2

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Spotted on zm_zomb_eh_towers_v5_fix:

20210823202603_1.jpg20210823202612_1.jpg

Not sure if this spot is really a big issue but with autosniper it can be a bit overpowered. Maybe it would be the best to just block this spot with an invisible barrier. What do you think?

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
If you ask me seems like the map editor forgot this part. It could be overpowered for sure, zombies would have to be in a straight line which helps humans unfairly aim better and kill them in no time.

Changelog:
-Added player clips.
-Changed Secret door rotating from 90 degrees to door sliding on one axis. to prevent players from blocking the door.

That should be the fixed BSP file. If someone can check if there are any bugs would be cool! For me it's working fine soo far. : )

Edit:
Skybox should be bugged, I'll fix it soon. Other than that tell me if something missing.

Attachments

• zm_zomb_eh_towers_v6_2.bsp
    4.6 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Reactions: denied and Dataworm

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Ah great that you also took care about the rotating door! There is one more problematic spot that I am aware of:
20210825084954_1.jpg
In combination with a soda machine this easily becomes an op spot. So we could either remove all soda machines, remove the hole, replace it by something where the soda machine does not fit in or put something completely different there.

Reactions: The Bear Jew

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
uploaded for testing on v1

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Has it been tested or is it already available on v3?

@The Bear Jew The spot I mentioned in my last post is probably not fixed in that version? Do you intend to work on that or should I ask someone else to take care of it?

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
It already replaced the old version.

Reactions: Dataworm

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Ah great that you also took care about the rotating door! There is one more problematic spot that I am aware of:
View attachment 14188
In combination with a soda machine this easily becomes an op spot. So we could either remove all soda machines, remove the hole, replace it by something where the soda machine does not fit in or put something completely different there.
This op spot still exists in latest version :-/

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Yep, i know this spot is op, but...

• only few players manage to use it rarely. usually if it happens once the zombiez take care next round that it doesnt happen again ;)
  • if we fix this kind of stuff we would have to fix so many other spots too, basically all ropes/small holes that have a soda nearby. Even roof on corps would need a fix as there are some sodas a floor underneath

All together the new map vesion works fine, doenst it?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Actually I see it being used often enough (at least compared to how often I play on this map) and it does sometimes happen that people camp their twice. Simply removing that camp spot should be an easy fix that doesn't really hurt?!
Yeah I assume apart from that the map works fine.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
If this spot is gone, the whole area can be closed (dont missunderstand me, I am not a fan of this spot too).

Maybe a proper solution would be to make those sodas breakable like that one on farm-map (in the treehouse). This way the spot would still be usable but with a bad surprise for all that just spray bullets or will detected too early?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Yeah indeed that spot is quite useless, wouldn't even mind if it gets closed. But breakable sodas should also be just fine.

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
My solution is simple: Adding func_clip_vphysics entity which blocks any props from getting in while players can pass freely. What I did there is I added the func_clip_vphysics block halfway in, so zombies would need to drag the prop halfway instead of dragging it while it stuck inside.

I think this should be enough. I added BSP for testing, tell me if it's ok or stick with the breakable sodas.

Attachments

• zm_zomb_eh_towers_v6_4.bsp
    6.3 MB · Views: 144

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
My solution is simple: Adding func_clip_vphysics entity which blocks any props from getting in while players can pass freely. What I did there is I added the func_clip_vphysics block halfway in, so zombies would need to drag the prop halfway instead of dragging it while it stuck inside.

I think this should be enough. I added BSP for testing, tell me if it's ok or stick with the breakable sodas.
It was possible to make these very boxes brittle into which people drag props, and this is just a solution to the problem! But it's boring, deleting such a place, you all strive for balance (oh great balance), but sometimes such tricks and tricks amuse and develop players!

TheRalle

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2013
Germany

Just add the clip in front of the boxes like on the screen ez fix

keep going mate

Greetings

Attachments

• eh.PNG
    eh.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
Reactions: The Bear Jew

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
No fix needed I guess. Plenty of other spots needed a fix too (all vents & pipes on maps which have sodas - like roof at corps for example) if we fix this one. If this spot (which needs exercise to build up) works for a single round, many players (some if which get infected) and fattiez usually rush there next round and prevent it form happening again. only in rare situations this spot works twice in a row (noob fatty alert).

If this spot is gone, the whole area can be closed (dont missunderstand me, I am not a fan of this spot too).
This still is a thing. Bear's solution killed the whole area.

Either this area needs to be closed totally or modified with new balanced camp spots if anybody wants to fix it.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
It's an op spot and such things should be avoided. Even if it works only one round per map session (also saw it happen twice, but that's rare) it is still too much I'd say. With ~4-6 rounds per session, it may still happen in like ~20% of the rounds.
Then let's simply close the whole area, I wouldn't mind. It's a quick solution without risk.
Someone willing to do so? Can do it myself in worst case but since I haven't used Hammer in 1-2 decades, I think our mappers can achieve it in a minute where I might spend over an hour xD

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
It's an op spot and such things should be avoided. Even if it works only one round per map session (also saw it happen twice, but that's rare) it is still too much I'd say. With ~4-6 rounds per session, it may still happen in like ~20% of the rounds.
Then let's simply close the whole area, I wouldn't mind. It's a quick solution without risk.
Someone willing to do so? Can do it myself in worst case but since I haven't used Hammer in 1-2 decades, I think our mappers can achieve it in a minute where I might spend over an hour xD

This is an idea. I replace the crate by this little room.​

20220622061445_1.jpg

[! GLASS BREAKABLE ONLY BY ZOMBIE !]

20220622061455_1.jpg

Opinions ?

DoJor'F​