Working on new hunting map

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
The map is now on a trial on v1 and v2, let's see how it goes =)

Last edited:

Too Much Guinness

15 Mar 2012
I spectated some minutes of gameplay today and it seems CTs tend to camp on the shelves in that one floor.
So I made that spot a little weaker, since the zombies failed to get them (only few zombies attacked, though..)
v4: https://rapidshare.com/files/1233477616/zm_corps_v4.rar

Duno if there's more to change, I'll try to nominate it again^^

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
yeah i noticed that too, another camping spot that is a pain is that box at spawn. Maybe making that gap a bit higher so the zombies can run in to it instead of crouching would solve the problem :). i wont be on tonight though since i'm really tired so perhaps we could add the new version tomorrow?

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
if there are 4 CT's in there it becomes very hard for the zombies to catch them :) btw the CT's are too scared to hunt because it's too easy for the zombies to catch them, i think something is needed to make it a little bit harder for the zombies and easier for the CT's to hunt. like a 2 ways route that can't be accessed from 5000 sides (impossible to cover/protect)

Too Much Guinness

15 Mar 2012
Mh that can be.
I made the following changes so far, maybe you or Geo have some more ideas:
- Made some camping spots weaker, especially the shelves in the floor and the room with the elevator and the one below the crate
- Blocked the steps in the main hall with a big crate and added metal brushes so you can't jump down from the control room (only from the sides)
This way the metal bridge can easily be protected by CTs, and they can still escape to all directions. From this point it should be possible to hunt down the zombies
- Added a small dark room at the floor at the bottom (at the side of the logos) where a zombie can hide in.

I think CT's also weren't hunting because they don't know the map yet, and thus don't have escape plans.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Mh that can be.

I think CT's also weren't hunting because they don't know the map yet, and thus don't have escape plans.

yeah thats what i also thought, let's see tomorrow :)

ᴙᴀiᴎᴅᴙᴑᴘᴢ

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
14 Oct 2011
v4 crash: I accidentally selected the 'test_hardware' map when scrolling through the map list. It crashed the v4 server, I couldn't switch it back from the regular admin commands. My bad :(
I guess we can't remove this from the list?

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
This map is A W E S O M E !

Played it yesterday and most time it's just a big chaotic battlefield. Zombies are everywhere, humans are everywhere and it's possible to play hide and seek in various ways. Probably most players don't know the map and how to play it, so they behave "noobish". Nice to watch ^^

Great job and keep on!

Too Much Guinness

15 Mar 2012
Glad you like it :)

I hope CTs are starting to hunt in v5, at least it should be better to hunt than to camp now if you want to survive...

I did a little more optimizing and improved the atmosphere by making the lights a bit darker and adding a light glow whe nyou look outside from the garage (looks like HDR kind of^^)
Here's the new link: https://rapidshare.com/files/1492447248/zm_corps_v5.rar

(Unfortunately I had to create those black/white fading walls because the map is basically one big area to the engine..)

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
I'll add it to the test server fist to look at the changes and then i can put it out for the public servers.

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
It seems the only camping spot that really is a problem righ now is the one up the stairs where you can slide down in the vent. Also there's a problem with running in the vents, it doesn't fit for two people to run past each other.

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
Yeah maybe you're right, but the vents still needs to get fixed so they fit for 2 players.