Force ratefix

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
Is there anyway you can add some sort of addon to the server which forces you to have your rates fixed? I know I have seen it before on other servers. The addon I saw on the other server was something like this:when you join, if you do not have your rates fixed a messagebox will appear that says something like "Press 1 to have your rates fixed" or else you will be kicked in 30seconds.

Would be great if you could fix this. Since a lot of people have lowrates and do not know how to fix them or even how to open their consoles..

WhiskeY

28 Oct 2010
Yeah. Many problems with rates. They say i do not lag. But their rates is so fucked up that they can long knife biggtime always.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Ye does anyone know how to fix Longknife on servers?

I bought a 42 slot server from EH like 1 week ago, and the long knifes are Annoying ^^

I asked Nikooo but he has no clue :<

WhiskeY

28 Oct 2010
the ping maybe perfect but always people with bad rates. your problem is = rates

Zm_Prod

9 Mar 2012
Yeah, in the beginning in the match the rates are so high/low that they walk infront of me (5 meters) knife :S

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover
rate 50000
cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 66

soja

28 May 2012
simply set sv_minrate to something like 49000, and sv_maxrate to 50000 (or to whatever you think is appropriate).

This will enforce all clients to use rates between 49000 and 50000, you can typically raise this without any trouble.

The only downside to this is dial-up players will have performance suffer(if they aren't suffering already from the lag of a low rate)

also setting sv_mincmdrate and sv_minupdaterate to something like 66 and setting sv_maxcmdrate and sv_maxupdaterate to 67, would also enforce players to use between those rates.

If you are using a SM plugin to see peoples rates, you should just uninstall it if you plan to enforce rates through server.cfg. It will lie and tell you the client has lower rates when in fact they are running at your required rates.(Tested on my surf server)

chrisxp

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
25 Sep 2010
Servers should adopt the new config upon a map change/restart!

They all have now;

sv_minrate 49000
sv_maxrate 50000
sv_minupdaterate 66
sv_maxupdaterate 66

Sorry it took so long :$