Map Roation (Vote) & Voteban- EH Zombie Hunting v2

Freundy

16 Nov 2012
Cologne, Germany
Hello guys,

I have two suggestions, I hope they werent posted before :)

1. Map Rotation..
I think there are a lot of maps, but since the Map Rotation is kinda weird (or the Order in the Votemenu) there are always the same maps.. cbble, 4way tunnel, lila panic, officeattack and so on.
Is it possible to change them somehow, so we can play other maps aswell? I think I'm not the only one with this opinion :)

2. Voteban
Well mostly there are admins on the server, but sometimes if not, it gets pretty annoying with blockers & edgers.. It should be possible to voteban them out for 1 hour maybe, because if you play on Cbble for example, it happens a lot..

So, thats all for now.. :)

Freundy

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
Voteban is a very bad idea imo, it just gets abused and used incorrectly. Many good players get accused of hacking and they could possibly be votebanned, not to mention the amount of trolls on 64 player servers makes it a risk since they will voteban for no reason, if you've ever played on the Fragmasters office server you'll know what I mean.

Neo

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Aug 2012
England, London city
Yeah, vote ban is a BAD idea, there are allways admins online at our servers,so there is really no need, but if the occasion that there is not a admin on, just make a demo and put it on the forum, but thanks for the input

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
map rotation is an awesome idea, but i tried that already, i nearly got killed by 64 players :( they seem not to like it

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
My suggestion for maps it to add more of them to the nominate menu since there's very few compared to choose map on the admin menu, you could also make the usual maps (like cbble and 4way) on the second or third page so that they're still there but people have to browse a bit to get them, this will add more variety to the map selection since there's more to choose from.

If you're worried about people being so used to cbble and 4way etc that this causes the amount of players to go down then it should be noted that people always ask for "special maps" which aren't on the nomination menu and marbble for example still causes the server to be full with 64 players.

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Just a suggestion, maybe you can adjust the number of maps played before being able to re-nominate the first map from 1 to 2 because a lot of the times, it just goes from cbble to 4way to palace and then people start re-nominating cbble (I know these are very popular maps but a little more variety doesn't hurt imo :))

Or you could somehow make it so that people can't nominate a map as soon as we change level (whenever we change level, some clever players are able to type in nominate before players can even join a team) although there's nothing really wrong with that, it's just these players nominate cbble, 4way or palace most of the time. However I doubt that there is a script/plugin like this.

ᴙᴀiᴎᴅᴙᴑᴘᴢ

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
14 Oct 2011
I think that the popular maps get voted for most often which probably affects the rotation. The problem is that players usually vote for map 1 or 2 and other options are ignored. The change that says 'recently played' in maplist does prevent excessive repeating which is helpful.

The voteban idea is interesting but it may not be practical for the servers. I'm not sure players would understand the circumstances of the ban or reasoning, it's probably better left for admins to handle.

BTW- "Freundy"- were you the admin "Freund" on the HD zmod servers a few years ago?

Freundy

16 Nov 2012
Cologne, Germany
Yea.. most of the players are justing pressing "1" and thats all.. and mostly RTV wont work because most players dont care :/

Yup, its me :) I know you mate :D