Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hey guys! how are you doing?
I'm quite tired but freaking happy!

You may have noticed that in the last 2 days there were maaany lags, freezes, crashes or even downtimes of hours, servers closed, forums suspended and so on...
Well the cause of all this was me, I've been working pratically non stop on an upgrade I planned this summer.
we are NOMORE the small community we were before, now we are a real community with a good base of players, admins, members, administrators, founders and most important: we have 2 Root servers (they pretty much look like the first picture), one of those two is the one which handles all our main gameservers and services like the forum, sourcebans, hlstatsx. The power of the main server is about 10 times bigger than the second.

To bring you the best gaming experience possible we selected the best hardware which will grant Lagfree sessions, ultra fast downloads and loadings!
How comes? The server has a connection of 1Gbit going directly in a backbone of 170Gbit with a fiber, it then comes at your house using the different fibers (figure 2)
just to explain you better, 1Gbit as network means you can download 1GB in about 8-9 seconds which is like downloading a movie in 720p in 15 seconds.

The loading times are provided by an expensive hardware we decided to finally buy, which is an SSD (Solid State Drive) (figure 3), it's like an hard disk but 10 times faster in reading/writing speeds and the time it takes for a bit to be read is close to 0us (in an hard disk the access time is the bottleneck), this allows the maps to load in about 2 seconds instead than those boring 10 seconds with the hard disk.

The roundstarts with 64 players on 4way will never be laggy again thanks to our new CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31240 @ 3.30GHz, 8 cores which is about 4 times faster than the old one! (figure 4)

Let's give a bit of fame to the RAM memory, 24 GB DDR3 1333Mhz, this heckload of ram will guarantee all the above devices to run smooth nomatter what, with such amount of RAM we can host as many gameservers as we want without worrying about the RAM memory being full. (figure 5)

What i've been performing too is a full reinstallation of most of the gameservers (still doing some of them) which will make them bugfree and as stable as possible.

All this thanks to you guys! without you we wouldn't be here! (figure 6)
So in the name of every admin and founders I want to thank the whole community for supporting us by playing with us and enjoying our services!

what else can i say....
Enjoy!

note: all the images were taken from google, no copyright infringement intended.

Attachments

• dedicated-server.jpg
    dedicated-server.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 386
  • e-map.jpg
    e-map.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 407
  • vertex-4.jpg
    vertex-4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 409
  • BX80637E31240V2.jpg
    BX80637E31240V2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 395
  • Super_Talent_Technology_Super_X_RAM_1.jpg
    Super_Talent_Technology_Super_X_RAM_1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 412
  • zombies.jpg
    zombies.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 417

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
Awesome! :d

Neo

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Aug 2012
England, London city
Hey guys! how are you doing?
I'm quite tired but freaking happy!

You may have noticed that in the last 2 days there were maaany lags, freezes, crashes or even downtimes of hours, servers closed, forums suspended and so on...
Well the cause of all this was me, .
well now we ALL know who to blame! Nah joke, good update, thanks :)

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
this is great!

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
Finally! Awesome upgrade!

Btw, the processor have 4 cores, but 8 threads.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Finally! Awesome upgrade!

Btw, the processor have 4 cores, but 8 threads.

yes true :) i just copied it from the admin control panel so it said directly 8 cores hehehe

Enissay

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
21 Aug 2012
Awsome work niko... Thank u soooo much ^^^

As SOUR already said "We wouldn't be here without you Niko and the community"... So thank you everybody <3

seyfuddin

24 Jul 2012
Hamburg
nice job! but you are saying there are no laggs anymore? i am playing on palace now on v1 and its more laggy than before :S

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
You've done an awesome job, Niko!