Nobody Talks on the Mic on the Servers

Highlander

6 Jan 2013
Hello, I'm a new member here. I'm from Canada. I enjoy playing on these servers. I was wondering why nobody talks on the microphone on these servers. I believe it would be a big plus if somebody would talk from time to time. I haven't found a thread about this anywhere so I've decided to create a new one.
Thanks

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
Oh no, haha. We got sv_alltalk 0 which means it's off and it's off for a reason!

Highlander

6 Jan 2013
Why not? Most of the servers I play on allow the users to talk over the microphone. There are some issues with that though such as mic spam but spammers get easily muted by admins. Also, some servers restrict the ability to talk on the mic by country. From my point of view it is a lot more fun to play if somebody can speak over the mic. Just my two cents.

MisterPringles

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Oct 2011
Belgium
yes highlander but there is an admin called "youngbuck" and he always talk trash and dirty so .... dont think thats a good idea

ps: he's a girl

Killertudse

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
6 Jun 2010
Denmark
It would be funny to have all_talk on..:p

Highlander

6 Jan 2013
Well, that makes the game experience so much better especially if females are also talking :) Besides if an admin starts to spam there are always higher ones who can straighten things out :)
Some more about me. I've been playing zombie mod servers for 2-3 years now. I've been an admin on a server for more than a year. I never cheap or break the rules and don't have any bans from any servers. Just some quick info :)

Last edited:

Dominik.

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Aug 2012
I have very bad experience with alltalk 1.

Voicechat + danish kid = catastrophe

I was playing on a danish server.
Just screaming kids.
Scream, scream etc.

After a time, you'd hope, that you never made this request :p

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
please let's keep it serious...

We have sv_voiceeanbled 0 because it's pratically impossible to moderate a 50-64 players server when everyone wants to use the mic. it's like in the classroom but with more "students".

Now image your class without a teacher, then multiply the numbers of students by two, and divide their age by 2. you'll get a mess.

We tried that already but sorry it just doesn't work

Greetings and thanks for the feedback

Neo

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Aug 2012
England, London city
ye im sure everyone is allowed at the TS Channels, but IMO all talk would lag the server, and you would have lots of people crying/screaming down the mic 24/7.

Killertudse

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
6 Jun 2010
Denmark
Niko could it be possible to do so only admins could talk ingame?

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
i'd need to code a plugin for that... i don't really have much time atm, and i don't want to waste my last 12 free days here at my pc...

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
because he has gf ;)