!afk - command

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover
guys, the headadmin team discussed this issue so often, and the result was and has always been that we will not setup an afk kicker or spec kicker

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
first, what phanty says is correct, the kick spec issue the spa and HA have full control over. no point in discussing that one. if they change their mind, they will tell us.

OR.. you can type "afk" to show other players that you are afk, or you go into a corner and turn around to show that you are afk. no need for this bs, wouldnt help in any way.
you keep missing the point mate, its to avoid doing that it would be nice with something visible, and only admins read the chat all the time while playing.

also afk fakers would use it to show that they are afk, and when you come near they kill you. also you as admin can go in spec when you have to do something.
as i have said earlier, i dont know if im away for 10 sec or 10 min sometimes, so i dont wanna go in spec and miss out. and the afk faking is easily more traceable if people keep typing !afk, then killing people. the afk faking itself will never leave nomath3r what;)

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover
you keep missing the point mate, its to avoid doing that it would be nice with something visible

as i have said earlier, i dont know if im away for 10 sec or 10 min sometimes, so i dont wanna go in spec and miss out. and the afk faking is easily more traceable if people keep typing !afk, then killing people. the afk faking itself will never leave nomath3r what;)

that takes like 5 seconds..

Twice

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
16 Mar 2012
On v1 its often necessary to kick spectators when the server is 64/64. Why should we keep for example 5 spectating players who are probably afk when there are about 5 players at the same time trying to join the server? Unless the server isn't 64/64, it's truly a no go but when it's full I don't see any problem with kicking spectators. AFAIK advaldo said ok to this

And to your idea dw : imo its not necessary, it's a nice idea though but just not needed :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Denniz.

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
It's a cool idea, very good thinking!
But such function is not needed.

Love

Killertudse

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
6 Jun 2010
Denmark
I think this is useless as well. No reason to type /Afk to let others know you're away. Just go spec, or simply stand afk.