zm_Docks

Do you like the map and would you like to see it on the server/s?

• No. I'd prefer not to add it to the server/s.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeWasted

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
8 Aug 2014
Azeroth
Greetings Everyone,

I've been doing some work from time to time and the map is finally finished (well, except for the skybox which will be edited). It's my first CS:S map and I'm glad that it's for the sake of this community. I wanted to make at least a type of contribution to this server/community. Now, the main question is: "Will You like the map?" and if it will be implemented or not. I've done my best to balance out each sides. There is no place that a zombie couldn't reach (at least considering the testing we've done).
The name of the map explains the location and which environment to expect.

There are:
70 spawns (35 for CT and 35 for T);
22 "camping" positions which include: The exterior, interior, roof & 2 ships;
4 ships - 4 secrets;
The 2 secret ships can only be reached once per round (via teleport) and camping on it is disabled via damage over time after 10 seconds of the player reaching one of the 2 ships.
One position (on the entrance to the left) might be a little bit OP depending on the number of campers, but a zombie can always run away and a lot of players will not have fun by camping in a spot doing nothing, so they'll go chase after him and probably come back in smaller numbers, thus improving the chances of zombies to clean it out. But we'll see. If it's a problem, it can always be edited.
Getting out of the map is nearly impossible since every part is clearly thought out to deny access even to jump boosting. The only way is if a zombie is i.e. knifed and sent flying overboard; there's a trigger in the water which is initially unreachable, to teleport the player to the outside near the entrance to the hangar.
There are also fishies in the water. ♥ (=^.^=)

The startup text at the main menu is:
Map by: cHeT [BeWasted]
Thanks to: AlawY, Haze
Special thanks to: WolfRam

It's been a long time since anyone had set foot into these docks. They've been abandoned for almost 4 years, but now there are some who will turn to its walls in search of protection and salvation. They will try to fight off the infection at the docks. And in the end, it's all up to the survivors.

Do you have what it takes to survive?
Live or die.
Make your choice.
Let the game begin.

Map for: Elite HunterZ Zombie Hunting.
Visit us and donate at: http://forum.elite-hunterz.info

(Dat Jigsaw reference amirite?)

Here are a couple of screenshots (prior to the edit of the skybox).
A video of the map will be uploaded in 1-2 days to show the map and the secrets.
I hope that You will like the map and that it may have a chance of being added to the server.

Sincerely,
-cHeT [BeWasted]

Pictures (In order of appearance):
Entire map; Spawnpoints; Roof; 2nd Floor Room;
2nd Floor; 1st Floor; Entrance;
Outside Left; Outside Left 2; Outside Right;
2014-09-12_00013.jpg2014-09-12_00002.jpg2014-09-12_00011.jpg2014-09-12_00010.jpg 2014-09-12_00009.jpg2014-09-12_00007.jpg2014-09-12_00006.jpg2014-09-12_00005.jpg2014-09-12_00004.jpg2014-09-12_00003.jpg

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Pics look nice, but is there a download link anywhere (for testing)?

BeWasted

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
8 Aug 2014
Azeroth
Hello once again,

The map is finally finished and there were quite some changes.
The changelog would be as follows:
*Changed the skybox
*Added a few brushes/entities into the skybox
*Changed the water
*More lightning
*Added water around the silos to prevent dying when falling off
*Changed the startup text
*Added a few more dynamic props
*Changed a few textures
*Added a radar

The download link to the map can be found here: zm_docks_v1

I hope that you will be satisfied with the testing and please, I encourage you to post your feedback and vote on the poll.
I've included a few more screenshots of the changes.
A great big thanks to WolfRam for helping me out throughout this map on a great deal of things, including the radar and the skybox.
And thanks to all of you, very much for the support!

Sincerely,
-cHeT [BeWasted]

2014-09-13_00003.jpg2014-09-13_00001.jpg2014-09-13_00002.jpg

BeWasted

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
8 Aug 2014
Azeroth
Hello once again,

The "secrets" video has been uploaded and is in a separate topic.
You can find the video along with my previous walkthrough and (hopefully) my future ones here: Wasted Walkthroughs.
Thank You for the understanding, feedback and support!

Sincerely,
-cHeT [BeWasted]

Reactions: Haze

Haze

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Mar 2014
I see a roof
Thx for both vids Chet ;) I cant wait to play the map(zm_docks) on the servers :D

BeWasted

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
8 Aug 2014
Azeroth
*bump*

I just wanted to see if there's any final decision between the HA, SPA regarding this matter, or if there's a discussion going on.
Sorry for the spam.

Sincerely,
-cHeT [BeWasted]

Reactions: Haze