!stopsound

1nfomercial

Donator
24 Nov 2014
The title says it all. Please, insert the the command !stopsound.

I see no reason why people shouldn't be able to use the command. Most of the zm and ze servers, the command is able to use.

Thanks for your time.
Have a lovely weekend.

1nfomercial

Donator
24 Nov 2014
I don't want to add you tho. Also your post is not really helpful here. Please, try to avoid nonsense posts in forum for the future.
I will appreciate it.
- 1nfomercial

Reactions: T-Flash

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
hi, sorry but we will not add this functionality. You are referring the the adverts and the possibility to mute them, our supported way of doing so is to buy any premium package, after that, you will not receive adverts anymore.

1nfomercial

Donator
24 Nov 2014
hey niko. i appreciate your answer. i don't mean the ad-sounds. i'm not bothered by that.

i mean the gun sounds.

BeWasted

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
8 Aug 2014
Azeroth
Those can be turned off in your own game settings by going to Options>Sounds. I don't really see the point of adding a plugin for it (and I don't think that a plugin can really even disable your base sound). Such useless and/or unneeded additions to the servers should be evaded, because it'll just make the download files rise up when connecting to the servers; and the increase in download materials is because of unneeded and/or useless additions.

Sincerely,
-cHeT [BeWasted]

1nfomercial

Donator
24 Nov 2014
thank you so much bewasted for that helpful post.

i know that the sounds can be turned off in settings.
but i'm just talking about the gun sounds. it would be an individual command that someone would need to type in the chat as !stopsound.
you'll be able to hear still other sounds.

it's been like that on a lot of other servers and they have good experience with that since i know admins from other zm and ze servers.
(coming out: i also play on other servers)

download files would either not go up or they would barely go up which would not even be noticed by the regular player.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Interesting suggestion then!

I installed the plugin on V1 V3 and V2. try it out ;)

Reactions: 1nfomercial

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
if its on the servers you wouldn't have to install the plugin yourself, im not sure what the command is though, sorry

Bazinga!

Donator
4 Mar 2017
Berlin
Well, like I wrote: We have a public server. Running CSS and want to use it. So Server-Side. Not Client-Side.
So you don't have FTP access to V1 or V3 to have a look at the *.smx file?

The plugin I mentioned above is toggle_weapon_sounds.smx

update
I got got my answer. I read through the plugin I mentioned above. I was missing the toggle_weapon_sounds_clientprefs.smx
so player can type !stopsound

Last edited: