Unban Request: Waikiki

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Name: Waikiki

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:13965459

Ban reason: macro

Unban reason: Hello EH,

I have been banned from your server for a duration of 1 day by one of your admins Schobi with a reason given as "macro", which I assume to mean "bhop macro", of course. I was banned in-game, which then prompted me to check Sourcebans for information about my ban. Schobi has attached a corresponding demo to my ban for review, which I have downloaded and watched two times now.

I would like some clarification here, from either Schobi himself, or an informed admin in this matter (bhop macro) as I have no idea what it is I am supposed to examine, nor do I understand how the admin has concluded, based on the evidence provided courtesy of his demo, that I was using a bhop macro.

I have been playing this game for years. To date I have never been banned on your servers for cheating, therefore I take this ban quite seriously, especially since I know I don't use a bhop macro of any kind (if it matters, I use a mouse from Logitech, the G502 model, which has macro functions and capabilities, but I never use them). Like some of you, and as others can hopefully vouch for me, I am simply quite experienced in bhopping. I'd like to believe this ban was a mistake on Schobi's behalf, and would greatly appreciate a reply from both him, as well as long-time players in Special Admins and Head Admins ThirtyEight and Advaldo respectively, who i trust to make the right judgement in this situation.

For what it's worth, earlier on the map I was infected and played as zombie, and I was confronted by a player called Mythos who was a CT, at spawn on the ground floor indoors, he'd targeted me onto a corner and I managed to jump at him and infect him by sheer luck. As I considered this to be rather amusing, I paused to type "rofl", which then resulted in him accusing me of using macro (you can double-check this in your chatlogs I suppose, or check the chat history on HLStatsX). I told him something to the effect of it being luck. A few moments later I saw, by chance as I usually don't focus on the chat, schobi type "@specme" in chat, I didn't think much of it as admins jumping to spec is not an uncommon practice. But he banned me and now I'm here asking to be unbanned as I simply do not use a bhop macro of any kind.

Last but not least, I'd like to preface myself by saying I can live with the ban length, however it's about the principle of the matter, which is an unjust ban, and I'd like to ensure my ban history is clean, especially if I haven't done anything wrong at all.

Thank you for your time and kind regards

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Helllo I watched the Demo, and the all I can say is, thats no bhop Macro.

Wait for Schobi to reply

Reactions: Dev1ne and Vydx

Schobi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Jan 2015
Austria
Sorry that you needed to wait for my reply. I asked some other admins on their opinion, on slack and steam as well. Some say its suspicious, some think its not.

Unbanned, as i can't be 100% sure.

Have fun on our server again :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vydx

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Good evening Schoi,

Firstly thanks for your swift reply and thanks for the unban, well appreciated.

I see you had your case peer-reviewed, thank God some of your fellow admins think there's no bhop macro to be seen here. I rewatched the demo a couple times since my OP, and I'm just as clueless as to what exactly I need to be looking for that you or the supporting admins are finding suspicious in my play as I was at the time I wrote my OP.

Furthermore:

I would like some clarification here, from either Schobi himself, or an informed admin in this matter (bhop macro) as I have no idea what it is I am supposed to examine, nor do I understand how the admin has concluded, based on the evidence provided courtesy of his demo, that I was using a bhop macro.

You might be wondering why I am flogging this dead horse but to me this query is not yet over because the way I can be seen playing in that demo is pretty much how I play all the time (inb4 comments about my flaws lol, I admit I made a few mistakes but that is another topic...). If I can get banned for this I should be worried about getting banned all the time.

I think in future, for the sake of time wasting, it would be slightly wiser of you or any other admin who practices similar procedures to first show your evidence to your fellow admins before swinging the banhammer as, admittedly, while it's not exactly the end of the world, it does inconvenience me a little (I could be playing another hour instead of going through this). I'm sure any other legitimately clean player would feel the same way as I do about this.

Moreover, you say that since your fellow admins did not come to a unanimously agreed upon verdict, you are not 100% sure about my use of bhop macro. Are you suggesting your judgement is entirely dependent on what your team says or thinks? Or are there other, more concrete parameters with which I would expect you to be judging these cases? And if there are, please let me know as I feel it would help both myself and you in future (you know, maybe I could spot an offender in game, and submit a ban request!)

Thanks for your understanding and kind regards

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
One last thing (this is more for myself). What happens if all or a majority of admins reckon I am guilty, based on your evidence? Even though it's clear to me that I am clean, I'd love to be able to prove it to you guys, because, without sounding corny, your servers are pretty much the only reason I still play this game. ZM is still quite enjoyable and it would be a massive shame for me to get banned without being able to fight for myself without proof, especially as a clean player.

Xylon

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
20 Jan 2012
1'923
France
One last thing (this is more for myself). What happens if all or a majority of admins reckon I am guilty, based on your evidence? Even though it's clear to me that I am clean, I'd love to be able to prove it to you guys, because, without sounding corny, your servers are pretty much the only reason I still play this game. ZM is still quite enjoyable and it would be a massive shame for me to get banned without being able to fight for myself without proof, especially as a clean player.

We've some admins with a very good experience in spotting cheats/script/macro etc... you cannot be punished for nothing and you'll never be banned if we're not 100% sure.

Schobi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Jan 2015
Austria
We talked about it already on steam and i assured to him that there is no need to be worried to get banned for nothing. Every admin can see in Sourcebans that he got unbanned.

I am just admin, no robot, but i see, that i was wrong in this case and can admit a mistake :)

Nice greetings,
Schobi

Reactions: Vydx

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
We've some admins with a very good experience in spotting cheats/script/macro etc... you cannot be punished for nothing and you'll never be banned if we're not 100% sure.
Well I did just get banned today where the admin(s) were not 100% sure, but as Schobi has said, I've talked with him on Steam about it and he was very willing and open to debate with me about this. Everything is clear now as far as I'm concerned :)

For me this thread has served its purpose, feel free to lock if that's what you do 'round here.

Wishing you a good evening,