How to handle warnings better.

Mudkip

20 Sep 2017
I recently got gaged for 360 minutes by TheAlmighty, for having a back and forth with another player. He had said that he gave a warning but when I looked back at the chat log he simply wrote "Language," in the regular chat box, no admin txt, so it was easy to not see it. I belive that if an admin is going to give warnings they issue them directly to a player and In admin chat font so we can see it. I also believe that admins should have an admin tag on, [EH]. Just a simple constructive criticism.

Reactions: Dataworm

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
In some cases, admins may need to "hide" as it were. Or you can just be data, he hates socializing ;)
I prefer using direct warnings so people can't get upset with me as easily, but it isn't a requirement.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
Warnings from Admins should definitively be in admin chat but that doesn't make up for what you did. Your chat-log is horrible and you're in luck the gag isn't longer than it is, regardless of whether there was a valid warning given.

the [EH] tag is for members, not all members are admins, we do have an EH admins steam group but we don't require that our admins use that tag in game, admins are allowed to go undercover and observe the game play.

TheAlmighty

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
16 Apr 2012
Hi Mudkip

I should have announced it the warning via admin chat, But none the less you would have noticed my response, You guys kept going for ages until the chat got more serious where i have decided to gag both of you from further insults

Mudkip

20 Sep 2017
Did you notice how both me and Ziggy continued after your warning. Neither him or I saw that warning because most times when a message is sent its lost 2 seconds later because the messages appear in only 5 lines and the chat log is always spammed. If you had wrote it in admin chat we would have most likely saw it, because of the special colors grab the attention of the players.

TheAlmighty

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
16 Apr 2012
Perhaps so, Thats my error from my side

Regardless you have 8 previous gags you should know better.

Reactions: Hammaplayz