EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Tech Team
Donator
23 May 2014
1'029
Sweden
Another idea / More brainstorming:

My guess is that there isn't anything really wrong/bad with the gamemode itself (Though new maps are always a nice addition to see), but instead the players themselves which find it more fun joining a full/close to full server rather than one which "barely" has 30 players or less as it makes the gameplay very unbalanced. Either it gets really slow (Zombies hiding, Large maps etc..) or the rounds are over "too fast" (Humans getting lucky with their spawns being able to corner up the zombies one by one or opposite with the zombies having lucky spawns giving the humans no chance no matter how fast their TMP/Shotgun can reload). That's the issues I know of on V3 atleast when the amount of players isn't optimized.

Assuming when someone is looking for a server they will usually pick a server from gametracker among top 15 (At this page: https://www.gametracker.com/search/css/ ) and V1 is ranked 57th as I'm writing this and highest past month is 25th (Since 15 is the default amount of servers/items shown per page and people will rarely go the next page unless they are looking for some specific server.).

Maybe a bit early, but consider making an event (Or wait until it's time for another event and add it as a "second prize" which is "V1 ONLY" or something like that) with a prize to the player(s) with most playtime (I know it might sound stupid giving away something based on how much you've played since it's possible to just "farm" hours by being afk/inactive/spec, but try to look on the positive side assuming I'm right:

+ Server ranking will go up, because of the increase of "players" which will then again increase the number of actual active players joining from gametracker or other sites the server is listed on (Which was the main intent of this thread.).
+ The frequent players will find it more likely to join as well seeing the server "full" making them want to play again.

Negatives:
-
The event/prizes aren't promoted enough or in good time to make enough players want to participate in the contest.
- The server might get full of specs/AFKs (Though I doubt it.) which could be a problem for the "normal" players trying to get in, but if it should get to the point of 20+ specs I think the admins should have the chance to be allowed to kick some specs assuming the server is full of course (Even though it isn't allowed unless a fellow admin is trying to join according to our knowledgebase.).

Considering I'm not that familiar with V1 I could be wrong, but I find it worth a shot though, since the amount of players on V1 could also have an effect on V3 over time.
This is such a good idea, big up Paw.

We can easy bypass the “negatives” example, if people are in spec all the time we can easily disqualify them by just looking at their hlstatsx sessions, maybe not right away but I was thinking when the even is done we can look it up etc.

Maybe we can edit a couple of maps to put in let’s say some pictures around the map that says Event and the link to the forum where they then can navigate and search for the event thread themselves. If this worked we could just add the same maps every time we have an event and people will know there’s and event and they will see the forum link from ingame on walls so i think they will visit forum more.

I was talking to Paw about the prices but idk if my idea is good or not, I was thinking maybe we can use 100€ from donations or something and then have maybe amazon gift cards as price or something, I think that would motivate people to play even more.
But idk really this can maybe be discussed or something.

But the whole idea of this event seems very very good and we should give this a try, tho I don’t think we should reset the stats because people tend to get pissed about it.

Reactions: Paw and Tuxedo_Mask

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'204
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
I think the biggest reason people is leaving is because they want something new, we need new good made maps, intresting maps that fits both v1 and v3, the only problem is finding a good map maker..most maps today are basic maps, missing textures and new ideas, its like you playing in a box haha.

TheRalle

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2013
Germany
I think the biggest reason people is leaving is because they want something new, we need new good made maps, intresting maps that fits both v1 and v3, the only problem is finding a good map maker..most maps today are basic maps, missing textures and new ideas, its like you playing in a box haha.

I think you found the problem, but not right sure the maps are "everytime" the same, they all like cbble because its the most played map on our server, maybe its just the mod it released 2013 we have now 2018 the last update released 2015 and it will comes never again a update i think its over. Often i saw people talking that they back since some years and what they told? its the same like before they left.. So now tell me would u play a mod that will maybe never get a update again?, u cant fill the server everytime some people are bored i think same mod, same maps, same settings nothing is new maybe a map sure but this will change not much my opinion.

Greetings
TheRalle

Reactions: NorthernLight

Angel DeathKing

31 May 2014
England, London
I understand rules are rules and rules have to be applied in game and on forum. I also understand that loads and loads of players have been banned.... I feel we need to cut down on banning and gagging cause its sorta throwing people away. Yes it's hard and unfair for other players but we are losing players cause of this reasoning. (This is my thoughts and I'm sorry if people dont like it)

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Yeah I agree with NorthernLight. Those guys that get banned are often the people that poison the attitude on the servers. Often enough I saw players complaining or also leaving the server because of teamkillers and blockers like those I have to ban over and over again. Also I wouldn't really wanna play on a server where small kids spam, cry and flame on the server all the time. Of course I would prefer a server where people can talk friendly with each other, laughing and having fun together without doing jokes about mothers, black people or whatever.

Angel DeathKing

31 May 2014
England, London
I understand that but the gagging doesnt have to be harshly put into the servers there should be a limit just like the sprays. We allow tits but not private (private) parts

I understand that EH doesnt have much money as we can tell by EH going Go-Free... but, we could do more events?

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
I have no idea what you're talking about? There has always been ads on the servers and gofree is for the csgo servers. What you are saying makes no sense

TheRalle

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2013
Germany
@Angel why we should allow (private) pics?, hell.. sounds ugly if u want to see naked girls or boys check the internet or get a girlfriend/boyfriend...

and a lot of servers has ads not just our, other games like "CSGO/KF2/GMOD" has it too

maybe the last chance to bring some players back are events, so they see there is something new and not 24/7 the same settings ^^

Greetings
TheRalle

NorthernLight

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
15 Dec 2015
Germany
I agree with you.
We need some changes..maybe only for events.
I like Ralles idea,he has a really good event idea.

NorthernLight

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
15 Dec 2015
Germany
btw guys, what about the people who have a 300ping? that's really annoying when you get a 10 miles katana.

Angel DeathKing

31 May 2014
England, London
@Angel why we should allow (private) pics?, hell.. sounds ugly if u want to see naked girls or boys check the internet or get a girlfriend/boyfriend...

and a lot of servers has ads not just our, other games like "CSGO/KF2/GMOD" has it too

maybe the last chance to bring some players back are events, so they see there is something new and not 24/7 the same settings ^^

Greetings
TheRalle

I didnt mean allow it i meant to say have a borderline to what you can say because the gagging is harsh or players such as language... If someone is saying F*c* sake for example we wouldnt punish them for it we would go easy and just carry on playing

Angel DeathKing

31 May 2014
England, London
btw guys, what about the people who have a 300ping? that's really annoying when you get a 10 miles katana.

The rules were set to say that if people are 300ping and lagging they have to leave or somehow reduce the ping... If they have 300 ping but not actually bothering anyone such as say if he was moving near smoothly then its fine... (If im right thats the rules)

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
I will add at least 2 new maps within the next week to v1. Please post your suggestions here, nothing is decided yet.

Current special maps:

zm_16chambres
zm_3dubka_v3a
zm_aftermatch
zm_an_canals_classic
zm_atix_helicopter
zm_atix_panic_eh_v1
zm_band!t_facility_v3
zm_base_day
zm_blockfort_v3_1
zm_bucket_v7
zm_bunker_v1