20 Sep 2018
Colorado, United States of America
Name [Purple Rain] [??] Phantom
SteamID 21504
Server Zombie Hunting V3
Time and Date Around 12AM MST on 9/20/18

Gag Reason Insulting/Swearing
Additional Information
Phantom, around 12AM Mountain Standard Time 9/20/18 began to harass me for failing to properly protect him while we were camping together. I imagine these can be looked up on the chat logs:

[Purple Rain] [??] Phantom : u FKING NEVER use scope in close combat u fking noob
???Mr Awesome??? : noobs for life
Soda08 : Not familiar with the map... sorry bro
Soda08 : Gese
[Info] Come join our regular Zombiemod server (no snipers). Type !hop or !servers to join!
Soda08 : Forgive me for not being a pro CS player
[hop] BunnyHop - bhop_it_gbr_easy (0/45) [type !servers to join]
[Purple Rain] [??] Phantom : using scope in close combat has nothing to do with map
[Purple Rain] [??] Phantom : it clearly shows
[SM Resetscore] ???Mr Awesome??? has just reseted his score.
???Mr Awesome??? : !resetscore
Soda08 : I come to play and have fun, not play like a pro
[Info] Problems? Ideas? Complaints? Ban/Unban requests? Come to our forum! Type !forum or visit [forum.elite-hunterz.com]
Soda08 : Apologies that I peed in your cheerios with my lack of knowledge
???Mr Awesome??? : dont take shit seriously its just a game
???Mr Awesome??? : now have fun nubz
[VIP] Want Skin+Tag, Colored Name+Chat, Ads-free gameplay and Radar-Pack (custom minimaps)? Type !premium or visit [forum.elite-hunterz.com]
[Purple Rain] [??] Phantom : noob can at least leave when he becomes a zombie - jesus

That's when I just kind of stopped engaging in the conversation. This individual is either a donator or admin, because they have an agent smith skin. I'm the first to admit that I'm not a pro CS player, but the way he treated me was extremely inappropriate. I enjoy playing on the server, but if this type of behavior is allowed then I will NOT be returning. Please understand I'm not trying to be petty, I'm just attempting to explain how I feel.

Also, I tried to get his SteamID but wasn't entirely sure what this was, so I put the "ID" that was listed when I searched for him on http://stats.elite-hunterz.info. His Steam login is "Wingman" and it also had this listed: STEAM_0:0:5651503

For clarification this is where I found this information.
http://stats.elite-hunterz.info/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=21504
Apologies for being so inept, but this stuff is not very familiar to me.

Thank you for your time, and if you don't mind I'd appreciate a short email explaining what action (or lack thereof) is taken regarding this incident. My email is [email protected], and if it's more convenient please feel free to just email me a quick link where I can see the response. I apologize for this inconvenience, but frankly this site is difficult for me to navigate (again, I am a noob).
Proof Chatlog

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
This is CS, you should expect people to get upset and a lot of the word noob being used. That's just how it is, if you get upset from people saying noob then CS probably isn't for you.
What hail is doing here is sort of on the border of what is and is not allowed, but as an ex-admin he really ought to know better, and overall his chatlog is pretty disappointing to look at. Although words such as noob are not against our rules, being ex-admin he should be able to handle himself better on the servers, and it seems like basically half of his chat logs is "fucking noob" so I'm going to give him a small gag and hope that he notices and sees this thread. You can see the gag here.

Thanks for the report,
Lotus

PS: The steamID is this "STEAM_0:0:5651503" which can be found on the hlstats page you linked above

Soda08

20 Sep 2018
Colorado, United States of America
I appreciate your help, Lotus. Thank you. I'd like to note, however, I don't have an issue with being called a noob - I have an issue with the hostility he exhibited. I was under the impression that one of the rules is "No Swearing, Insulting and Racism. Be nice with other players and don't insult them or swear." That's a direct quote from the rules on the server. Did he not swear? Did he not insult me? Do these rules no longer apply?

I apologize if I'm coming across as irritating, but do these standards no longer matter? I understand that I'm not dealing with the most refined of society when I get on a videogame and occasionally there will be confrontation, but I was under the impression that admins were there to settle the confrontation.

More than anything I was just curious as to how these sorts of things are handled. I'm getting the impression that if someone harrasses another on the server it's a common occurence and I should just brush it off. This is fine for me, I just wanted to be aware what was expected of me and if there was anything that could be done about it.

Again, I appreciate your help. I hope that someone who is attempting to learn how to play well is welcome on your servers, because frankly I enjoy playing here. I appreciate your patience and diligence and wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Soda

Reactions: Dataworm

AsH

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
29 Mar 2010
1'001
Slovenia
Perhaps I can swiftly shed some light upon the situation.

Flaming in general is not accepted, however it is all to do with common sense, and exactly how far a person escalates a situation. We cannot possibly keep a completely PG13 environment on our servers, as that would be very hard to handle. So the occasional "F's" and such are not something we shun people too heavily for. We do however stop it, if they take it to far. On this example, the person in question got punished because they took it too far. Lotus was merely trying to point out that "Noob" in it of itself is not a derogative term per say. It's something that any gamer has been called once or more in their time playing competitive games, especially ones such as the CS ones. So, we do not punish somebody for calling another noob.

However, the attitude of the individual in question was harsh, and did cross some boundaries slightly, which is why he did receive a gag.

I hope I managed to clear it up slightly.

Kind Regards

Elite HunterZ AsH

Reactions: Hammaplayz