scoobie33

Donator
9 Jun 2016
Germany, Munich
Update V3
- overall balances
- overall more stuff added and/or changed
- tree teleport removed
- letters moved away from the middle (even if people fall down, they will fall into water now)
- visible ladder to underground area added
- added more spawn points for CTs & Ts
@Lotus
- props with weird collision models removed
- flying stones/boxes adjusted, highest stone/box removed (easier for zm to get the players on top now)
- "same spot as rush" adjusted (easier for zm now)
- 1 cade removed
- signs are now on edge of the map (see above)

Attachments

• zm_smallmap_eh_v3.bsp
    3.2 MB · Views: 324

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
map looks good.
a few notes,

HEj7Hr5.jpg

-this red room is way too OP and for some reason its hard to get out of the water(the water entrance) tbh, i think you just need to remove the lasers and the jailbars to fix this spot(and fix the waterway)

xGoZa04.jpg

-Minor thing, but i think that this passage is a little bit too long, not much but about 32-40 grids.

WQQpNli.jpg

- minor thing, but it looks like there are several fences ontop of eachother here. stand over it and move the mouse and you'll see the texture moves. that means its several textures overlapping on the same area.

iStzbcK.jpg

-minor thing, being able to walk on the sides like this, makes the campspot(with the boxes) ahead useless.

thats it :)

scoobie33

Donator
9 Jun 2016
Germany, Munich
@WolfRam Thank you for your input.

The red room would be a really bad spot for ct players if the lasers and the jailbars would be completely gone, since there are two ways to enter them.
Basically, before there was only the entrance through the water to enter the room, but i thought that would be too op for cts so i made a second way to enter the room through a visible ladder.
I want the cts to enter this room by going through the water and going past the lasers (if they are not turned off already).
Since i don't want players to enter that room right off the bat by using the ladder, the jailbars in the right pathway are set from the beginning (with more hp than the ones that the players can spawn via the button).
If players still want to enter the room by using the ladder they will simply have to shoot one of the jailbars and make a way for them but this way they obviously make a way for the zm as well.
The zombies can turn the lasers off from the outside every 20 seconds and the players inside the red room can turn them back on every 60 seconds.
The lasers won't do that much damage to the zombies but are there to slow them down if not turned off.
Water in general is not easy to exit since you have to exit and also look at it from a certain angle/perspective otherwise it won't work.
I don't know how to change the way the water is functioning and i don't know how i can fix this issue but i will look into it and see what i can do.

My suggestions for adjusting the red room:
- decrease jailbars' hp to the point where 1 - 2 knife hits from zm are enough to break them
(this way zm still won't be able to reach cts immediately but cts have to make sure zm definitely won't reach the jailbars)
- decrease the damage from the lasers even more
- remove 1 laser in the left pathway
- adjusting the water (i will try)

Aight, I will reduce the length of the hidden pathway.

Yes there are several fences overlapping because there is only one type of this fence that i've found and it's not closing if it is not overlapping.
I thought i would leave it that way but i could try to change it and make a simple wall with a fence texture.

Yes i already thought of this but some spots in the map are only reachable by going on top of the wall therefore i wasn't sure what to do with it.
Should i just cut off these certain parts of the wall with invisible walls or should i simply cut off the wall on the whole map?

scoobie33

Donator
9 Jun 2016
Germany, Munich
Small Update V3_1
@WolfRam
Red room adjusted:
- metalbars are breakable with 2-4 knife hits
- some lasers removed
- laser damage halved
- water entrance was adjusted (it's easy now to get out of the water)

- hidden passage shortened
- overlapping fences fixed
- walls are not walkable anymore around these kind of spots

Attachments

• zm_smallmap_eh_v3_1.bsp
    3.3 MB · Views: 300

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
how many secret spots are still on the map? could you make a video of them and share it? you can pm it to me if you dont want it to be public

scoobie33

Donator
9 Jun 2016
Germany, Munich
@Havoc Thank you :)

@Lotus I made a demo for you to review in css.
Just load the demo file into your css "cstrike" folder, then go ingame and type in console "demoui", then load the file.

Teleport secrets:
- one to get on top of the watertower
- one to get on top of the letters/sign
- one to get into the cage
- and one to get out of the cage

Attachments

• zm_smallmap_eh_v3_secrets.dem
    3.7 MB · Views: 328

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
id be a pretty crappy spa if i didnt know what a demo was ;)

scoobie33

Donator
9 Jun 2016
Germany, Munich
@Lotus well i added it just in case :D

Also some additional stuff that i forgot to mention before:
The lower button inside the red room can turn the lasers on and off every 90 seconds while the button outside of the red room can turn the lasers only off (not on) every 20 seconds.
The upper button inside the red room spawns the metalbars which are only spawnable once. If they are destroyed, they are gone.

scoobie33

Donator
9 Jun 2016
Germany, Munich
First off i want to thank everyone who was present yesterday and participated in testing my map for your time and effort and also for all the feedback that i got.
@Lotus @Havoc

Update V4
Red room adjustments:
- lasers are only slowing down now (no damage anymore to both cts and ts)
- more lasers added
- damaging lightning added

Wall adjustment:
- added another hole in the wall to go through

Underwater area:
- removed soda machine

Floating boxes area adjustments:
- removed all floating boxes (spot was too op)
- replaced with warehouse
- billboard with current event display added

Big boxes adjustments:
- removed all boxes
- another truck added

- some stuff added, adjusted and/or removed (balancing)

Attachments

• zm_smallmap_eh_v4.bsp
    3.6 MB · Views: 319
Reactions: NoMatt3r