Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Hey,
been talking to @Havoc about xmas maps, and we came up with the idea to maybe Xmas the F**K! out of one of our maps!
This time we where thinking you guys could suggest some good ideas and come with some arguments for why your suggestion is a good one :)

The map can be old, new or one of the really old and forgotten ones(maybe we can bring new life into an old map).

What i want you to do:
- Make a suggestion and provide a link if you have (use gamebanananana.com )
- If its an unknown map, maybe some pictures?
- A map that is 1 big room will not be accepted(unless you make some damn fine arguments!)
- Adding lots of models of trees and custom textures will make the fps go down a bit, so make sure it already have good fps (that is why i dont want "1 big room" maps)
- Not too big a map, i also have a job :p

fB6UrQO.png

aüx

Donator
12 Apr 2017
Rush would be cool. It's a popular enough map so everyone would be able to get to experience it.
I love Rush but it is pretty bland, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. To deck it out - Christmas edition would be great:
- the exterior grass replaced with snow
- the fountain on the stack of boxes is a Christmas tree, but still enough space for players to boost/move around it
- boxes become presents
- the room where the zombies like to hide from the humans becomes a family room, maybe with a fireplace so it's even cosier
- the sky is nighttime
- one of the fenced areas becomes a jail for all the naughty players
That's all I can think of for now!

WPL

30 Oct 2018
You can use iceworld map for christmas. Also don't forget to think places for campers :D

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
oki, i have looked at the maps, even tho listing random maps wasnt what i was looking for.
My fault for not being clear, but i was hoping for maps we already new that could use a new skin, makeover.

@Auxzschach Talked about Rush, and tbh its one of the maps i was thinking of too. @Havoc agrees its a good idea, so rush it is!

PS: zm_christmas_aspen_v2c & zm_lila_panic_tom_v2 might be maps worth looking into. just to try on the server.
PSS: i still want any xmas pictures if the zm and eh community.
PSSS: you guys know any good xmas songs to add in the background? The sleigh might do a comback, so.. maybe it needs optional music?

PSSSS: Here is a preview of how i think it will look. (it will not look exactly like this when done, changes will come)
fhukeMw.jpg

aüx

Donator
12 Apr 2017
The concept image looks great @WolfRam
I will make an Xmas image for your request, but I was wondering what the deadline for those would be?

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
@WolfRam rush-xmas preview looks great. how about a 4way-xmas version?

More popular maps played on both servers (maybe easier to edit and worth thinking of?):
- palace
- fast_final_2018

Reactions: aüx

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Imagine a christmas tree on 4way... Could be the highest christmas tree ever! xD

aüx

Donator
12 Apr 2017
Fantastic job on Rush! Not sure if the constant jingle ringing might annoy players, but I'm sure the shooting overpowers it. Nonetheless, I hope all players enjoy its seasonal makeover. Also admire the additional content; looking forward to seeing the original image creator reactions :D