Allow Russian language

Do you approve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

USA

7 Dec 2018
Hello. On the zombie server a lot of Russian-speaking players.
We understand simple phrases in English, and partly can answer, but the level of knowledge of the English language leaves much to be desired.

But there are situations when you want to unite with the players, take up defense and stick together, fight off the zombies in a team, it’s very difficult to explain your sentence in English.

I suggest to allow the Russian language, because Almost all the players from the countries of the former Soviet Union speak and understand Russian.

If you are worried about the problem of advertising, insults and other violations using the Russian language, then you can make a couple of Russian-speaking admin and give them access only to the command !mute, i.e. it will be just a chat moderator, but not a server, i.e. admin without the possibility of kick, blocking, etc.

Reactions: YLuTbI4

USA

7 Dec 2018
I see the majority voted against the communication of Russian-speaking players, this is sad, but I have to make a majority decision.
Only I will have a request to those who voted, write why you are against it, because it looks like discrimination of the Russian-speaking community.
You are being taught in Europe to be tolerant, to love blacks, to love lgbt representatives, this is very good, but why don't you love Russians so much ...

AsH

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
29 Mar 2010
1'001
Slovenia
Because this is the way we prefer things to be. While we are a multicultural community, and welcome any individual from any part of the globe to play on our servers, we have decided to keep our forms of communication to two languages. Two very widespread languages, that most of the world potentially knows. Most of our staff/admin team can speak both those languages. Which enable us a firm grasp of situations on the server. Adding another language, especially one as difficult as Russian, being in the form that not even the alphabet is the same is just not something that is in our interest.

Perhaps if we ever did something along those lines, it would be a single server exclusive type of thing. But seeing as we do not have enough of a player-base, that also is out of the cards. At least at this moment in time. You never know what the future might bring. This is not a matter of discrimination, simply a matter of efficiency.

Kind Regards

Special Admin
AsH

Reactions: Tuxedo_Mask

USA

7 Dec 2018
Thank you for the detailed response.

Adding another language, especially one as difficult as Russian, being in the form that not even the alphabet is the same is just not something that is in our interest.
The problem of the alphabet can be solved by allowing Russian words to be written in English letters. For example Столица - Stolica, Водка - Vodka, Медведь - Medved. In Russia, this is called transliteration. You will see your font, and the Russians will be able to speak.

Two very widespread languages, that most of the world potentially knows.
According to Wikipedia, the Russian language is more common and popular than German.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

Reactions: YLuTbI4

USA

7 Dec 2018
I read the forum and found the topic "Unban my chat in game please", in which a Russian-speaking player was banned.
It is certainly cruel that you block him for the Russian language, but he really broke the rules and tried to stir up political swearing, he is well deservedly blocked.
Please do not judge all Russian-speaking players by this person. This is the usual troll, which a lot of the Internet.
Perhaps because of this player, many of you hate Russian players, but you are mistaken; there are many good people among Russians.
Politics and game are not compatible.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Politics and game are not compatible.

I just banned your chat for racism. What are you talking about? Tolerance and keep politics out of chat?

Keep your racist crap where it belongs: In your toilet. I already warned you this week at v3, 20 minutes before you postet this thread. Unbelievable... know this is a FINAL WARNING. Next time I read crap like that in game chat I will permanently remove your ability to use our chat!

Easy out....

Reactions: TheDude

USA

7 Dec 2018
I just banned your chat for racism. What are you talking about?
You did everything right. I do not request unban chat me. If I violated the rules of the server in the opinion of the administration, I am ready to be punished. It's okay.

Tolerance and keep politics out of chat?
I am tolerant and not racist.
I do not hate blacks and do not incite ethnic hatred.
In addition, Negroes in music call themselves and other black Negroes, why are they not racists, but I am racist?
If you want to discuss this topic, I invite you to the offtopic section, there is a special topic about racism, and this topic is not related to racism.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Such discussions were made over and over again USA. The thing is that if we allow russian or any other language then we might have to allow every language for fairness and this is simply something the admins would like to avoid atm. And yeah me and others agreed that german should also not be allowed for fairness (even though I am german) but thing is that german was allowed for years due to the big german community on this server. Restricting german now would lead to chaos, confusion and maybe also a great loss of players. Therefore german is still allowed for historic reasons but allowing all languages can make it hard for admins to keep the chat clean...

USA

7 Dec 2018
Such discussions were made over and over again USA. The thing is that if we allow russian or any other language then we might have to allow every language for fairness and this is simply something the admins would like to avoid atm. And yeah me and others agreed that german should also not be allowed for fairness (even though I am german) but thing is that german was allowed for years due to the big german community on this server. Restricting german now would lead to chaos, confusion and maybe also a great loss of players. Therefore german is still allowed for historic reasons but allowing all languages can make it hard for admins to keep the chat clean...
I really like German language and Germany in the last century.
I like the German people, by no means call for restricting the German language.
Due to the fact that the server is expanding the Russian-speaking community of players, I propose only to expand the chat to the Russian language.

ewuewu123

13 Sep 2018
Germany
allowing a other language then english and german is hard because of that you need a few staff like 3 or 4 that speak the language and a few other problems would be there i think the chance that this happens is extremly small.

klimbo

11 Feb 2019
Because this is the way we prefer things to be. While we are a multicultural community, and welcome any individual from any part of the globe to play on our servers, we have decided to keep our forms of communication to two languages. Two very widespread languages, that most of the world potentially knows. Most of our staff/admin team can speak both those languages.Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox Which enable us a firm grasp of situations on the server. Adding another language, especially one as difficult as Russian, being in the form that not even the alphabet is the same is just not something that is in our interest.

Perhaps if we ever did something along those lines, it would be a single server exclusive type of thing. But seeing as we do not have enough of a player-base, that also is out of the cards. At least at this moment in time. You never know what the future might bring. This is not a matter of discrimination, simply a matter of efficiency.

thanks bro that exactly what i was search to know
Kind Regards

Special Admin
AsH

Miya Bhai

3 Dec 2019
But i think adding russia as a language would'nt be a problem

We should also think about our russian brothers!

~Links Deleted by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
As a Russian person, I am of course for adding the Russian language! On the server, half of the players at some moments are Russians, and there are times when there are 10-12 people on the server, and they are all Russian!

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
How is it that this subject is brought up so often when AsH has answered the essential ? :')

The players create new accounts just to say that we should accept the Russian language.. Vladimir is that you..?

We must stop giving false hope to "future Russians" who come to the forum for the first time ^^

I will try to make a 2021 summary :

AsH wrote his message 2 years and 2 months ago, and it is still as relevant today. German is the 3rd most popular language after English and French ( :D ) in Europe and it is perfect for Elite Hunterz and I respect this. And the server is mainly composed of European players
Most of the administrators speak German very well, and everyone speaks English.

Now I say thank you for also accepting English, which is a universal language, because many CS:s servers (Very often Russian) only have one language to summarize the server rules / settings, and believe me that makes me run away because I understand absolutely nothing.

English, everyone understands, German ... I don't understand at all (sorry but I took Spanish as a second language at school :')),
so if we add Russian ... better no longer come it will be the same thing for me..

I just went to see out of curiosity the most popular languages in the world, 1 : Chinese / 2 : Spanish / 3 : English ... : ')
The German is not even in the top 10 (World) ! Damn you guys you should have been Spanish !
We very rarely have Americans anyway.

And then it's not as if we could distinguish certain words (
apart from the insults, by dint of seeing them on the servers I'm starting to know them), it's another alphabet ! :')
The only person who would feel comfortable would be the beautiful Russian
goga2159, but I don't want to let him manage everything, it's torture ^^

The English and German only rule has never evolved / changed (Corrected me if I'm wrong), and I don't think it will change. We have to stop with that, because the people who talking here about "accept this language", are surely those who are gagged for having spoken Russian .. Frustration is at its peak !

To future redactors / commentators, NO there will be no Russian language on the servers, and this is absolutely not a topic all admins think about believe me..
I'm not saying that because I'm not Russian, there would be the same subject about the French language, I will say no too.

Thanks for reading !

Last edited:

lb426

Donator
1 Jun 2017
HEY Russian lessons for admins: 1) noobs -10000000$ , 2)pro - 100000000000$, 3) Melisa - one kiss...:)