Got banned for using "macro"

Shouom

11 Jan 2019
I only got banned for 24hr's but I call this ban BS, because in the demo You can clearly see me only use deagle which is really slow at firing anyway, so why would it matter if I used it? Also I had asked an admin wayback in the start of january when I started to play here if I can use stuff like this because I was banned in a previous server for this reason and he said that I can. I used Steelseries engine for this and I feel like I didn't do anything wrong.
I'm not attacking the admin or asking for it to be removed(I can just wait it out), I just thought it was silly because I didn't gain any unfair advantage anyway.
Demo is in SourceBans.
Sorry if under wrong subforum.

Schobi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Jan 2015
Austria
Hallo Shouom,

I am the admin who banned you and it doesn't mind which weapon you use with a macro, it is against our rules and will be punished. Why would it matter? You are right the demo just shows you using deagle, but who assures me that you won't use it with duals as well? I don't know which admin would tell you something like this, but we have a strict "No Hack/Macro policy". The first ban for using macro is "just" 1 day, but if you use it again, it will be extended. Please don't use it again.

I attached a screenshot showing our console throwing a warning about you for using Auto-Fire. Our console is just very, very rarely wrong in this cases, so i went in spec to check it.

Ban will stay (besides the fact that this isn't even a proper unban request)!
Schobi

Attachments

• 20190309193041_1.jpg
    20190309193041_1.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 391
Reactions: easy

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'546
1'145
Zombieland
Using macros is not allowed, I doubt any admin told you the opposite. Neither I see any word like "macro" in your chat log, so when and whom exactly did you ask?

Know that this 24h ban is totally legit and according to our rules. It is a short warning to give you the chance to improve, so before joining our servers again make sure your little helper is deinstalled or inactive, as the next ban will be much longer before it finally will lead to a permanent ban. There are not many chances we give to macro users so I recommend you to take my warning about it serious.

Ps. I wont start a discussion about how helpful your macro is. Your macro is unfair to everybody who is playing fair and a cheat so make sure you wont use it again on any EH server.

Edit: Schobi was faster

Reactions: Schobi

Shouom

11 Jan 2019
Hallo Shouom,

I am the admin who banned you and it doesn't mind which weapon you use with a macro, it is against our rules and will be punished. Why would it matter? You are right the demo just shows you using deagle, but who assures me that you won't use it with duals as well? I don't know which admin would tell you something like this, but we have a strict "No Hack/Macro policy". The first ban for using macro is "just" 1 day, but if you use it again, it will be extended. Please don't use it again.

I attached a screenshot showing our console throwing a warning about you for using Auto-Fire. Our console is just very, very rarely wrong in this cases, so i went in spec to check it.

Ban will stay (besides the fact that this isn't even a proper unban request)!
Schobi
I can't read german, you have to forgive me for that. :/