Sort out V3!!

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
V3 server is really buggy and has been like this for a while...

Lag - It has periods of extreme lag when everyones ping goes to 350 for about 20 seconds.....

!zstuck - If there is a group of players it is so easy to get stuck inside another player and if you type !zstuck and move you get stuck in someone else very quickly....

Zombie Protection - Not being able to shoot after respawn - while in zombie protection - is really frustrating as you can get to a box quickly and if on your own and cant shoot, zombies can get on the box and just wait to infect......

These issues seems to have happened after the server was changed....it did not have these issues before....

Zoran

EliteHunterz Clan Member
7 Nov 2016
There is nothing "buggy" at all. Albeit I understand your frustration regarding the lags that often arise(which are also not , all of the other "problems" that you've blamed onto the server appear a little...weak.

If you use the command at the wrong time then of course you will find yourself getting stuck again(e.g. when you jump while you are surrounded by many). In any case, that's mostly your own fault since you can just observe the others a little and be patient before you move in and spam your "!zstuck" bind after not getting where you wanted to get.

And - about the zombie protection - excuse me Sir, but I see that you've been here for quite some time, so you should be aware of the fact that there was a time where re-spawn did not even exist and people had to wait until the end of the round to play again. One should think that this is something to be appreciated, but now that there is re-spawn, it seems to me you found something else to blame your "misfortune" on? So, what you now want is to allow people to shoot while they are actually in some sort of god-mode after they re-spawn? Please, try and use that sense of balance a little; it is quite enough that zombies have to put up against zillions of snipers firing at them from a distance of three hundred kilometers, now you want to add to that a "Hollow Man"-like experience for zombies where humans will be able to simply rush into zombies with their machine-guns and whatnot while being completely untouchable? Hello?

Please, next time before you decide to go around and voice the "servers issues", make sure you've grasped the bigger picture and thought it through a little.

Last edited:

Zoran

EliteHunterz Clan Member
7 Nov 2016
Messed up edit.
Edit: There is nothing "buggy" at all. Albeit I understand your frustration regarding the lags that often arise(which are also not really the servers' fault), all of the other "problems" that you've blamed onto the server appear a little...weak.*

rhodo

14 Jun 2018
Manchester
Hello. Respawn with no ability to shoot is great thing. How many teamkillers has been misusing that : in god mode shooting zombies onto boxes ? Sure there is another thing that if you are zombie you can glitch reborn ct in spawn and kill him. Some extremely high skilled players - like me - are doing that. I call it noob recycling. But if reborn ct use !zstuck there is no chance for zombie to glitch him. See you in respawn and nice day.

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
I have !stuck binded.....

!zstuck used to mean you could move through people even in a large group...there are many instances when you have to be in large group and use !zstuck to see or move and now you you use it and it gets you unstuck for a second and then you get stuck in someone else...many maps require you to be in a group to survive.....

Not shooting after respawn really sucks....there are times when you have to defend yourself straightaway as so many zombies "recycle"....most zombies don't even attack humans, if the humans are in a strong position. Instead they just wait for the zombies that try to attack and then die, and then camp the spawn.....what great players

There are still periods of extreme lag, when EVERYONES ping goes up to over 350 and we have to rtv or wait for next round for it to go down....

Like i said before V3 did not have these problems before. I think you guys have tried to make the server more like V1 and in my opinion it doesn't work as V3 always has way more players.....

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
I have !stuck binded.....

!zstuck used to mean you could move through people even in a large group...there are many instances when you have to be in large group and use !zstuck to see or move and now you you use it and it gets you unstuck for a second and then you get stuck in someone else...many maps require you to be in a group to survive.....

Not shooting after respawn really sucks....there are times when you have to defend yourself straightaway as so many zombies "recycle"....most zombies don't even attack humans, if the humans are in a strong position. Instead they just wait for the zombies that try to attack and then die, and then camp the spawn.....what great players

There are still periods of extreme lag, when EVERYONES ping goes up to over 350 and we have to rtv or wait for next round for it to go down....

Like i said before V3 did not have these problems before. I think you guys have tried to make the server more like V1 and in my opinion it doesn't work as V3 always has way more players.....

!zstuck works once every 30 seconds and usually it's not required to use it more than that, however this stuck problem is an issue that i will discuss with the spa/ha team.

Regarding the shooting after respawn a lot of players used it to boost zombies to camp spots which lead to more work for admins and more bans in general which we rather avoid. However i will talk to the team about it as well.

The lags should be fixed soon please be patient we know it is very frustrating but we are working on it.

the recent updates to v3 should not have any major influence, but we will sort it out asap.

I don't know how changing a few things made it similar to v1, we are keeping v1 and v3 separately, we are not trying to make one server a copy of the other, we want some variety so players have more options.

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
!zstuck works once every 30 seconds and usually it's not required to use it more than that, however this stuck problem is an issue that i will discuss with the spa/ha team.

Regarding the shooting after respawn a lot of players used it to boost zombies to camp spots which lead to more work for admins and more bans in general which we rather avoid. However i will talk to the team about it as well.

The lags should be fixed soon please be patient we know it is very frustrating but we are working on it.

the recent updates to v3 should not have any major influence, but we will sort it out asap.

I don't know how changing a few things made it similar to v1, we are keeping v1 and v3 separately, we are not trying to make one server a copy of the other, we want some variety so players have more options.

Thanks for the reply Havoc....

I understand shooting immediately after respawn can have a negative affect, if players respawn and shoot zombies into humans, but there are not many of these idiots. Maybe reduce the time for zombie protection, to something like 4 seconds, so players have enough time to run from spawn and then protect themselves....

With regards to !zstuck I just wanted to point out that players are getting stuck to each other a lot more than before. Even getting out of spawn at the start of a round or going up ladders in groups. Maps like Officerush, where many players are in a small area like the toilets, players are constantly getting stuck in each other....

Anyway thanks for acknowledging the issues I have raised......

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
So the problems continue......

Still major lag sometimes.....

!zstuck is now pretty useless and zombies just camp the spawn and block humans (like in V1).....Plus many players don't even know about !zstuck......

Not shooting during zombie protection is so frustrating....Run to a spot and oh I can't shoot....awesome!

Naslund

25 Mar 2019
Canada
I gotta say, since the lag started to come in I have over the past 3-4 weeks experienced INSANE frame rate drops which doesn't seem to be related to the lag since I'll experience bad lag and these frame rate drops, and it only happens on the V3 server, no other servers I play on.

I heard it was due to poorly optimized maps, but it happens on any map that I play on. Frames drop to 7fps and go back and forth between that and about 30fps until some stability happens and I get back to 60fps. When this happens no one else comments for lag, and my ping stays constant to what I average.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Sorry for the lags, it's always very hard to understand where they come from. I tried fixing a few things today so perhaps that will improve the situation.

Reactions: Zoran