Allow VIPs to nominate a special map

bobbydole

23 May 2018
VIPs would have access to a !snominate command which stands for ,,special nominate'' and give them a list of special maps to nominate, at least the ones that are compatible with 64 players.

Reactions: easy

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Hey bobbydole,

that's indeed an interesting idea. Would like to hear what others think about this?!

Melisa

Queen
Staff member
Special Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Tech Team
Donator
23 May 2014
1'029
Sweden
I like this idea but there’s a chance that special map function may be abused

Maybe there can be put a restriction of how many special maps you can do in some time?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Yeah it would be abused for sure and the issue is that many maps are special maps for good reason. Sometimes just because they don't fit really well and are unbalanced (well unbalanced is obviously no longer a relevant argument) but in several cases also because they require administration. I mean I like the atix maps for example, but people get stuck all the time and I still see people blocking the heli on purpose every single round even some players who already did that years ago and they still use every opportunity to do that. I fear it wouldn't be a good idea to make those maps being playable without an admin that handles the ingame issues, even though in cases like atix_panic admins are overwhelmed anyway due to the amount of blockers and the short time window during escape.

Reactions: Docta

TheDude

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
20 Mar 2017
We could maybe have a limitation of 1 special map for a player in a day. The special maps which we could have issues with, can be skipped. So, the !snomination category can only those maps which don't really require an admin to be on the server.

Melisa

Queen
Staff member
Special Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Tech Team
Donator
23 May 2014
1'029
Sweden
1 per player in a day is still a lot and can be abused because we have many donators, they can nominate right after eachother :/ Maybe something like 1 special map for every 10 maps played or so?

TheDude

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
20 Mar 2017
1 per player in a day is still a lot and can be abused because we have many donators, they can nominate right after eachother :/ Maybe something like 1 special map for every 10 maps played or so?
True, The 1 special map every 10 maps is played is a good suggestion. SPA/HA could also adjust it depending how frequent they want the maps to be played.

Reactions: Melisa

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Might get abused during nighttime / times with low player counts by skipping the waiting process using rtv to get points fast on maps like playtime and london(?) during events etc.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Also having that feature and so many donators I think people might get unhappy when they somehow have the ability to make special map votes but on the other hand never get the chance too cause someone else is probably faster and then you have to wait another 10 maps...

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
I like this idea a lot, if this is possible i think it would great, but someone has to code it as i don't think there is a plugin for this already, if someone can do this i would suggest the following:

1. A Donator can at maximum nominate 1 special map a day.
  2. There must be at least 5-10 maps between each special map.
  3. There needs to be made a list of special maps that can be nominated by donators as some maps require at least 1 admin present, like atix_helicopter with stuck issues and blocking in helicopter.

I support this idea tho and if someone has time to code it i think it would be a good addition to the servers.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Yea the most important point is what Data brought up, people constantly getting stuck on maps like Atix_Heli and London that an admin has to be there. After some players telling me to choose random special maps for a mix up i saw how many maps are just not suited for V3, maps like zm_vampire_medical are just terrible. Having a whitelist which Havoc mentioned would solve those two issues though. Still a cool idea and another incentive for people to donate.

Reactions: Hammaplayz

NorthernLight

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
15 Dec 2015
Germany
I'm for it! that's a very good idea and i hope this will be implemented :-D
Every time i connect to the server, I got asked for a special map, so why not!! :)

Kaiii

GoFree Admin
Tech Team
Donator
28 Dec 2018
Oli's Mum
en.wikipedia.org
My donator status aside, I think this is an awesome idea and and even greater incentive to donate. Special maps can be hella fun. But I do see some loopholes with avoiding the 5-10 maps in between each special map. What if you swapped servers and tried the command there?

Maybe if they were integrated as a sort of special event. Maybe "!smart" could be used to start a special map which requires certain parameters in order to be possible. For example, it could only be activated at a certain time of day, or with a certain amount of players online, or even if it was to initiate a vote.

Not too sure, personally, just brainstorming.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
agree, a nice idea that should be considered if someone can code it. But I agree with the team too, we need some restrictions

1. only 1 special map per 24 hours (or 12 hours maybe) by VIP vote
2. cool down of at least 90-100 min between special maps by VIP vote (imo better than 10 maps solution, as rtv might be abused)
3. we need a list of fixed maps that dont need supervision by admins

Most special maps are not in nomination list for a reason, but some can be played without admins...

Reactions: Kaiii and Paw

bobbydole

23 May 2018
Below are the restrictions suggested thus far in this thread for this feature request:
  • Limit number of special map nominations a donator can make per time interval
  • No special maps can be nominated that require admin or don't support 64 players
  • Limit !snominate accessibility until a minimum number of standard maps have been played consecutively or per time interval
  • Limit number of special map nominations that can be made for each map vote (6 total selections) to compete with standard map nominations
The numbers can be adjusted over time. Nobody can figure out what the best values are yet (ex. 1 special nomination for each donator per 24 hours? 1 special map per 10 consecutive normal maps? 2 maximum special map nominations per map vote? etc.), they will have to be determined through testing. It is safer to start with relatively strict values and then determine what can be adjusted later.