Suggestion: When V3 is full, redirect to V1

SpaghettiCat

15 Feb 2015
It happens often that people complain in V3 to kick the specs because they or their friends could not join. I understand the reason to keep the specs so that people join V1, and I respect this decision, but what happens is people will either give up trying to join an EH server or wait until V3 has a free slot, i.e. it's a fat chance that people will join V1 when V3 is full.

So my suggestion is keep one slot on V3 always open, and when the server is full anyone who tries to join V3 will be automatically redirected to V1. Many players won't notice they joined the V1, or just roll with it and enjoy V1. This will result in higher player count for the V1 server.

aüx

Donator
12 Apr 2017
I am with you with the amount of people in spectate. To wait so long, especially when a portion aren't even playing. I've seen 20 people in spectate but there's been more. Perhaps have a timed session for those in spectate only, then kick after long period of inactivity. However I think players will notice it's V1 because of the limited weapon choice then it'll become a cycle, but it could be effective.
Implement reserved slots for premium especially...waiting to enter V3 feels like forever xD

NorthernLight

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
15 Dec 2015
Germany
I feel with you guys, it's a bit annyoing if you want to join but you can't because the server is full and the server has maybe 25 specs.
Many of them farms play time, i see players there are maybe 24/7 in spec.
We have to change something players wants to play but they can't when we have so many spectators.
Maybe it helps if we have a time to stay afk in the specator?

SpaghettiCat

15 Feb 2015
To clarify, there's a good reason why the spectators are not kicked, because it's better that both servers are alive. So if 70 people want to play ZM, it's better to have 50 people on V3, and 20 in V1, instead of 64 on V3, 6 on V1. The first way ensures both servers are playable. This is the current policy of EH.

aüx

Donator
12 Apr 2017
My only concern would be players abusing it, so when it comes to 10 mins they go into a team to be active for a bit, then return into spectate for another 10 min and repeat

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
I think this is a great idea! would also help out v1 with some activity if it works.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Those plugins are not made for css except the third one which already exists on the server. But it does not automatically switch to another server, it just allows you to switch to another server on request after you already connected to the chosen server.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I have a custom version of that plugin that I wrote myself. this still doesn't solve the issue, there is no way to redirect new clients to V1 when V3 is full

SpaghettiCat

15 Feb 2015
Those plugins are not made for css except the third one which already exists on the server. But it does not automatically switch to another server, it just allows you to switch to another server on request after you already connected to the chosen server.

My mistake about the 1st and 2nd links (those are for CS 1.6). The 4th link is in Russian but it is for CS:S and does exactly what is needed.

I have a custom version of that plugin that I wrote myself. this still doesn't solve the issue, there is no way to redirect new clients to V1 when V3 is full

Why not? When server increases to 63 connected players you enable the redirect, that leaves 1 slot open for people to be able to join and be immediately redirected to V1; once the client is connected to the server you can do anything to them, including redirecting them. If the player count drops below 63 you turn the redirect off.