Old zombie hunting back?

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
Ive been thinking about such issues if the idea of a zombie hunting will be shipped to v3 are all probably noticed that v1 is not a lot of plays that nowdays so I have been thinking that how to brought back to life somehow. well this kind of suggestion i would have if every other week would be v1 weapons on v3 and then switch back to all weapons. zombie health would be 2500 and mother zombie would be 5000 that week when there were v1 weapons. i know this is a pretty big question what could happen if this goes through? wondering the same question that if v3 would die of this idea I wouldn't believe that, now is the last few years of zombie hunting why not bring a little back to that golden time for elite-hunterz servers.
Regards ViRuS

Sierra5

Donator
9 Dec 2011
That could really make things interesting and get some players over to v1, because they would still want to use their favourite weapons. Should balance the servers. Only problem would perhaps be the lower ranking of v3 and some confusion by the players :D

Reactions: ViRuS

Angel DeathKing

31 May 2014
England, London
I feel that V3 is like nonstop action everydaywhenever i join... only issue i have is there are so many specs so those that want to play are taking up room so i personally feel that its about 40/50 players on v3. Yes I want V1 back as well but many people are growing up and moving on to more modern games and working so its hard and CSS has been dying for many of years now... All i can suggest personally is prizes once a month for example free vip sessions and double points and so on... I dont personally know what we can do as i know we dont have much money at all anymore all we have is csgo surf which is still blowing up and V3 but we have to see for the future and all we have to do is keep playing on v1 whenver possible with each other and have a laugh at times

k1no

Donator
23 Feb 2017
Saint-Petersburg
steamcommunity.com
I think your proposal will be difficult to implement.In addition, it does not guarantee the presence of a large number of players,but this is just my opinion and i would be happy to be wrong.
At the moment, v1 is filled only when a large number of old players enter the server,but this is very rare and lasts a short period of time.I loved v1,but i don’t believe that we will find enough new players,cause css is really an old game D:

Baltazar

2 Jun 2018
Croatia
I play ZM over 6 y. now, on the begining play be fun, no lagg, playable, now is server idk, full off pugins or somthing that my new PC & high speed internet not be better in play, now is opposite, play is shit, laggy, aim OMFG..... I can only think that server provider is shit or server full of trash.....

Lord Ansgaar

11 Dec 2014
As much as i'd love to see the player numbers reverse between v1 and v3, my guess is your suggestion would create much confusion above all else.
Better yet would be to bring back the special events to v1 so as to lure players from v3 to the true form of zombie hunting.

What i wonder is why would anyone ever abandon csszm for newer games, as there is nothing similar out there? Elite hunterz version of zm is so unique gift to the world, i feel duty called to keep it alive.

Reactions: aüx

h1dden

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
At first I personally think it's a bit tedious to switch weapons and balance other things every week just to make it playable, I don't even mention maps on v3 which some of them don't suit for m3, tmp etc. well. People who get used to v3 STILL will get to camp spots with v1 weapons and be confused = possible drop count of players. I think we might to try to implement it as a kind of event but don't sure it will work well (if even will work) in the long run.
It's worth considering that v1 being visited by old players only and those who play on v3 unlikely go to v1 (unless v3 is full and they want to play somewhere in meantime just to wait when they can connect to v3 again).
Our favorite Counter-Strike: Source is dying, slowly but surely, this game was released in 2004 man, I'm afraid nothing can change that. We all remember those good old days when v1 was full, but time goes by... I don't want to admit that fact but someday it will happen to v3. (I hope it won't soon).
Sometimes, but rarely, I see people playing on v1, I know most of them and I'm just happy while playing. As I said I'm afraid we can do anything much about v1, but we can support v3 as long as possible.
P.S. Still I would be happy if I'm wrong about v1.

Last edited:

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Why consider making such a dangerous move/major changes to the gameplay on our most popular server amongst the playerbase in terms of playercount as well as being ranked nr.1 on gametracker when it has been working the way it is for such a long time? Seems less advantagous to me even if it’s for a short time/for an event or something as players will find other communities in the meanwhile which they might prefer to play on/stick to.

Baltazar

2 Jun 2018
Croatia
Remove bots, Clear servers files (map that dont suit V1) option for fck nominate cabble 1000x if players wont to play that map & not be forced to play map that players dont play (avoid), remove respawn, old V1 dont need that...... idk.... so many thing just go back in time....

Reactions: aüx and ViRuS

Shake3012

29 May 2019
I already wrote in another topic,may be make server for 32 players,people like classic maps,they are often played,it’s 32 players who have a lot of cool classic maps,not all people like when there are a lot of people on the server and there is meat,and yes,as the man said above,REMOVE Respawn! Well, this is my personal opinion, one could risk doing it, there is nothing to lose! (My english very bad sorry)

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
have never tried any big change so everyone has questions for sure what could happen maybe myself i would take the risk and at least try this solution it could make new players interested in the idea zombie hunting with out all weapons unless someone have a better idea to come up with it I have been thinking for a long time how to get back zombie hunting without all weapons I suggest this solution that could work

Reactions: k1no and Baltazar

NorthernLight

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
15 Dec 2015
Germany
I posted some random ideas in slack (1-2 weeks ago maybe), but i guess nobody liked it, my ideas had no comment so yea :)

Reactions: Sheyla

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Well imo it won't change anything.
People got too busy either w real life or playing other games. CS:S is "almost" dead and you won't be able to bring 103839 players back into that game by just changing/adding a few things.

Same goes for me, I used to play ALOOOOOOOOOT but it's just the truth, it gets boring after time... and you find other games to play. I mean we're in 2k19 already.

Reactions: Dev1ne

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
Well imo it won't change anything.
People got too busy either w real life or playing other games. CS:S is "almost" dead and you won't be able to bring 103839 players back into that game by just changing/adding a few things.

Same goes for me, I used to play ALOOOOOOOOOT but it's just the truth, it gets boring after time... and you find other games to play. I mean we're in 2k19 already.
Thats why i suggest this make these final years worth to play zm hunting changing some bit things