Handled [GoFree/CS:GO Surf] Protest a punishment: Kim Jong-Un Revenge Tour 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamemode [GoFree/CS:GO Surf]
Ingame name Kim Jong-Un Revenge Tour 2020
SteamID STEAM_0:0:101012664

Ban/Gag reason Using the !calladmin command to ""bait"" me in server so several players could simultaneously ear rape the server. This happened twice.
Desired outcome Reduce the length of my punishment
Statement of grounds
First I would like to start by saying that I called an admin because there was in fact people micspamming before any admin was present in the server, and it was a legitimate call admin, and not used to bait in any admin. I included Roor] in the calladmin because he was present on the server for the last few hours, and I thought he would be able to join to fix the problem. Now I will admit that I did micspam, but I did this out of frustration that I was being micspammed and did it in order to stop the micspammers. I also micspammed while an admin was present in protest that nothing happened when such a populated server had their ears destroyed for a solid few minutes. What I did was wrong, and Im sorry for my actions, but I believe that a 1 week gag and mute is egregious for what I did. Yes, what I did was wrong, but the punishment does not match the action, and I think this mute and gag should be amended to a one day mute at the most. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope that this misunderstanding can be cleared up as soon as possible. I am a longtime player on this server and really enjoy interacting with the other players on the server, and I know what I did was wrong and apologize for my actions.

Last edited:

Roor

GoFree Admin
Donator
30 Nov 2018
I am going to do my best to go through this point by point.

I called an admin because there was in fact people micspamming before any admin was present in the server
I highly doubt that your use of !calladmin was at all legitimate, when I answered that call and loaded into the server I was a little wary as the call came from an account straight up impersonating me. The server was absolutely dead silent when I joined for about 20 secs until the server loaded me onto a team. That was when you and both of your friends [all impersonating me for the meme] saw my name in chat began to all simultaneously ear rape the server fairly badly, as stated in the reason field.

I also micspammed while an admin was present in protest that nothing happened when such a populated server had their ears destroyed for a solid few minutes.
This is a bold fabrication. It was completely clear that your aim was to "prank me" with an insane level of ear rape. Considering the second time it happened you and both of your friends counted down out loud in server so that you could sync up the ear rape for round two, with you leading the count. This is laughable.

a 1 week gag and mute is egregious for what I did
I don't think this punishment comes close to being "egregious". In my opinion this length of time hardly even could be considered heavy handed. You have 8 previous communication bans, 2 of which contain mention of mute/ban evasion. One week is well deserved in this case.

I am a longtime player on this server and really enjoy interacting with the other players on the server
If this is indeed true, from all of my interactions with you it is not reflected in how you interact with other players, and especially not in how you interact to staff.

On another note you and your friends planned this very dumb stunt in the tier 1-2 server in voice. A player there overheard your entire plan just before it happened. You then retreated to that same server when you left Kitsune you had just ear-raped to evade punishment and I assume, do some amount of "celebrating" on your "success". I think that you are very lucky with only a mute/gag for one week given that addition to over-the-top ear rape involving multiple players, you also impersonated staff as a group, and also attempted wholeheartedly to evade any and all punishment.

I will be stating my rebuttal to Roor's statement on a point by point basis below, just as he did.

I would like to start by writing the reason that Roor wrote for gagging and muting me for a week
Ban/Gag reason Using the !calladmin command to ""bait"" me in server so several players could simultaneously ear rape the server. This happened twice.
I'd like to break down the reason for the gag/mute. First, Roor accuses me of using the !calladmin command to bait him into the server. This is the inciting action that starts the chain of events that occur according to Roor's gag reason. Then, he says that the !calladmin was used in order to earrape the server. Please keep in mind this reason that Roor wrote for the gag/mute while reading further.

I highly doubt that your use of !calladmin was at all legitimate
I am not telling the admins how to do their job, because I know almost all of the admins on this server are highly skilled and highly capable, and I include Roor in this statement because he does do a good job most of the time. However, imposing a a one week gag and mute on someone for something you BELIEVE to be true and not KNOW to be true is absolutely absurd. An admin should ban someone when they see someone breaking the rules, not if they think they are breaking the rules or do not believe what a person is saying. This is blatantly wrong. If you do not know for sure that someone broke the rules, then they should not be punished for breaking the rules, and I think that is something we can all get behind. Roor's gag/mute reason mainly relies on the accusation that I abused the !calladmin command, but in his own statement he says that he only THINKS this was the case but did not KNOW that was the case. The biggest portion of the gag/mute reason relies on an unproven and unsupported theory, which should not be the standard for such wonderful servers as the GoFree servers. Additionally, you claim in the end of your statement that a player overheard my "master plan" and caught me red handed (gasp!). I thought that witness testimony was not allowed in giving out bans/gags/mutes, but that isn't even the most important thing with this claim. You make such a striking claim, so I would like to see evidence of me "planning this stunt in voice", and I think it would only be appropriate to take this claim into account if there is evidence supporting it, because any player can make any claim any time of the day.

Moving on, yes I did earrape and I apologize for my actions. What I did was wrong and there is no disputing that. I am remorseful for my actions and I sure hope that nobody disputes that as well. I am sorry for ear raping the server. In the past few months I have been making an active effort to improve myself as a player in this community, and I have not had any mutes or gags or bans from the server in months. This is the first slip-up I have had in a while, so referencing my previous mutes or gags is not showing my character as of recently, but is showing the distant past. Actually if anything, it shows how I have changed for the better over the past few months, so a one week gag and mute for my first slip-up in a while is egregious.

If this is indeed true, from all of my interactions with you it is not reflected in how you interact with other players,
Out of all the things you wrote Roor, this one hurt the most. I'm sorry that you believe that all of our interactions are negative. I don't really play kitsune that often anymore, but back in the day when I played it often, I fondly remember having great conversations with you and other members in the server about life, guns, and I especially remember one time when we were talking with another player about his military service. I think of that as positive interactions, and I'm sorry that you didn't think of those interactions as positive, because I really thought they were. Also, you write that you see my interactions with other players as negative, which also saddens me. I try my best to make positive interactions with members of this great community, and you do not get to see this because I mainly play on the 1-2 rotational server, while you mainly play on kitsune. Maybe one day you could hop on kitsune just to see the positive interactions I have with the players I am friends with on there. Even if you ask around on that 1-2 server, you will find that many people enjoy talking to me and having me on the server.

To conclude, Roor used his suspicion of what he thought was true to gag and mute me for a week instead of using evidence or his own first-hand account. While what I did was wrong and I should be punished for it, one week gag and mute for a micspam (and my first offense in a very long time) is nothing but egregious. Roor may claim that I am arguing about semantics here, but the fact of the matter is that his processing of the matter at hand was wrong. No player on the GoFree servers should be banned based on suspicion and not on evidence or an admin's first-hand account. Due to all the reasons and arguments I have wrote above, I ask that you come to the only true conclusion and reduce my ban length. Thank you.

Roor

GoFree Admin
Donator
30 Nov 2018
You are far too focused on the "!calladmin" part of this situation. Abuse of !calladmin adds the least weight to your punishment out of any of the many factors. [IE: Ear-rape, Mute evasion, Over the top toxic behavior, Admin impersonation, ect...] Your obsession with that one facet of this is a classic straw-man. It is nearly irrelevant and much easier to try to argue about than any other part of this that actually matters. In short, you and your friends just took a dumb stunt too far and now have consequences. Simple as that. Saying an admin's first-hand account isn't good enough to issue a mute is a very backwards thing to claim. However, in an effort to settle this please see the attached images. In order, they show: You changing your name to impersonate staff, !calladmin sent by your account [while renamed] and another player using !calladmin because of the ear rape stunt. I do see not any reason to lift or reduce the punishment at this time.

ev3.png

ev4.png

Roor, you keep talking about admin impersonation and keep pointing to that, but the ban reason is about micspamming and using the !calladmin command so that's what should be in question here. If you made your decision to gag and mute me for a week and point to admin impersonation as one of the main factors in making it a week long, then why isn't that in the gag/mute reason? Say that I am nitpicking all that you may please but is the reason you gagged/muted be because of "admin impersonation" or because I "micspammed" and "abused !calladmin"? And if you say that it is due to both, and also say that the use of !calladmin was the least important aspect, then why did you not include admin impersonation in the gag/mute reason? It seems as if you gagged and muted me for one thing and now claim that it was due to another. If anyone is reading this and did not read my previous post, I very much encourage you to do so (even though it may be long), because it breaks apart Roor's initial gag/mute reason and describes how it is improper. I also encourage Roor to read my post again, because in his post he claims that I say an admin's first-hand account is not good enough to issue a mute, when I in fact said the opposite of this and said that mutes and gags should only be issued when there is concrete evidence or a first-hand account from an admin. Additionally, after I posted my rebuttal, it seems as if Roor is switching the basis of his gag/mute on me to admin impersonation, after initially writing that the basis of the mute/gag was for using !calladmin and micspamming. All I want is to have my gag and mute reduced to half or below half of the initial punishment, and this reduction in the punishment is warranted and backed in the reasons and explanations I have made not only in this post, but as well in the last post.

Oliver

c:
Staff member
Special Admin
7 Jul 2016
1'328
Denmarkanian
Closing this now, as it is clear the events on the server accord with Roor's reasons for issuing his punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.