A new game rule improvement for Zombie hunt

Lord Ansgaar

11 Dec 2014
Greetings for you all.

I had this idea of how to encourage players to hunt more and camp less. I actually had the idea 3 weeks ago and it still seems brilliant.
Human players would lose health at variable speed (100 -> 0 hp in 2-7 minutes) and each player at his own randomized ratio calculated before each round. And when the player reaches 0 hp, hr/she would turn into a zombie just as if he/she was knifed by someone. (This algorithm could maybe be modified from the other that defines the "arch-zombies" that spawn each round first.) This "losing-your-health-turn-zombie" would of course be affected with by human players taking falling damage etc. And the ration between the amount of zombies and humans should also affect that algorithm. It is in no one's interest that a 10 group human against 30 zombie, some one human would just "randomly" turn zombie.

We have all seen the situation where there are a few zombies and a lot of humans. And the zombies are afraid to strike (and most are afk), yet the humans still camp (that is why the most zombies are afk, regenerating hp because they think they are safe, or just because they lost interest into that round). This should be exactly what would fix those opinions.
Just like in the Walking dead series, the players are all infected, only to become a zombie after they die.

I think it would be worthwhile to setup a test server for this idea and see how it goes. Right after someone keen on programming has had time for doing this mod on this mod. I only know mapping so far and had time to do any mapping last time since 14 years ago (I may make some for zombie hunt in the future ;) )

Pros
+More hunt, less camp
+Humans dying by the environment (falling etc.) could still keep playing through the round (by turning zombie instead, of course such horrible maps as 4_way_tunnel should be deleted at last, to prevent planned attacks to fall upon a group of hunters)
+Less "all-knowing" thought of "the best place" to camp
+More thought on the fellow teaming players (by watching their hp bar and not blocking them intentionally to kill them)
+?

Cons
-Might be confusing for newbies
-May lead to certain trolling on certain terrible maps already containing urges for rulebreaking like 4_way_tunnel. (By planning of falling upon humans as a human in intention to turn into a zombie and massacring everyone)
-?

Feel free to comment, this whole world is meant to be made towards perfection. And please read every word here before you comment.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
hey,
i get what you mean, but i dont think it will make ppl hunt more. I think this will actually be very bad with all the rulebreakers on the servers who will take advantage of this.
Alot of assholes will loose damage by falldamage or in other way and then place themself inside a group of CT and wait for the killing-spree.
I only see alot of complaints and pissed off ppl coming of this. And its hard to keep track of the HP of 3-4 players around you.

But if you dont like camping you should maybe avoid our V3 server, and stay on v1 or v5. v5 is a lot less camping :)
you should also check out our zombie-riot server ^^

thanks for posting and taking an interest in improving our servers, even if it may not come to anything atm :)

Wolfram

Lord Ansgaar

11 Dec 2014
Thank you for your insight on this.
I had such a fear that the more rules there are, the more rules there is to be broken. This may not be a good idea for "riot control" but it is an idea towards it.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
I like the idea, but im afraid this would be broken alot. since people would run into players who are "camping" and wait for the hp to go down and turn into a zombie and infect them all, mostly peolple who are after Ranks would probably do this.