About lags

LynLou

24 Apr 2011
At least on 64 server , when server have more that 60 players it starts to lag very much especialy on round start and makes game unplayable . Try to improve something , by starting auto kick players who have high ping or something .

LynLou

24 Apr 2011
sjoerie said:
That's normal to much players for a server.

Well i realy dont think that it is normal if limit is 64 and almost everytime there is almost full server .

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
well we're aware of this problem but the only solution would be a new CPU. but we can't efford and even if we could we would need to change ip :/

that's all we can do sorry :(

pretorians

17 Nov 2011
Problem: Sorry but this explanation is bullshit. I donated you a nice amount of money some time ago, as many others. And you say that you can't afford a 100 Euro CPU? And since when does a CPU-replacement require a new IP?

BUT i don't assume you are vicious. I just think you are not very intelligent. IF you have a server which is old and not capable of running several 32-64 Slot servers, you simply shouldn't run four 32-64 slot gameservers on that machine.

Thats just stupid. That doesn't make any sense. But maybe the "swiss way" is making crap and not the best possible with the given hardware.

Solution: shrink the slot-size, delete at least one of the gamerservers on that machine if there are more than 2 running on it. Problem solved.

And i really hope the server isn't a windows-based machine.

Your gameserver massively lack a good server-admin who understands the "how" and "why" of a game server and its technics. But frankly thats not your fault. Some know better and some don't. But your problems are so obviously, it seems you do this intentionally.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
thanks for the awesome feedback!

yeah maybe i am stupid, at the end I just learned all this by myself starting 2 years ago. for free.

also changing CPU means IP change because the provider actually said that:

"Hallo Niko,

ein Upgrade auf einen neuen Server erfordert auf jeden Fall eine neue IP, da es sich hierbei um einen neuen Stellplatz handel wird.

------
Mit freundlichen Grüßen"

also we will not reduce server slots because we're first world wide and doing so will make us fall down in positions and we would lose money from the sponsor which are needed to pay the servers.
if you can't handle those lags on V1 you can play on V2 which should be Lag free.

if this is still not good enough you can feel free to take over my job and spend hours a day managing it, for free :)

pretorians

17 Nov 2011
nikooo777 said:
thanks for the awesome feedback!

yeah maybe i am stupid, at the end I just learned all this by myself starting 2 years ago. for free.

also changing CPU means IP change because the provider actually said that:

"Hallo Niko,

ein Upgrade auf einen neuen Server erfordert auf jeden Fall eine neue IP, da es sich hierbei um einen neuen Stellplatz handel wird.

------
Mit freundlichen Grüßen"

also we will not reduce server slots because we're first world wide and doing so will make us fall down in positions and we would lose money from the sponsor which are needed to pay the servers.
if you can't handle those lags on V1 you can play on V2 which should be Lag free.

if this is still not good enough you can feel free to take over my job and spend hours a day managing it, for free :)

Neither v1 nor v2 is free of lags. both servers lag even with only half of the possible players online. So you prefer providing an always lagging server instead of doing something right and good just because you want to be "top ranked"? what an attitude...

i dont have time to manage your servers, its not my job to manage your servers. Maybe you should change your attitude. I woudln't and can't be happy or proud doings things with that attitude. Maybe you need some more years of experience to realize that "doing fewer things good" is better than "doing all thinks poorly".

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
lol who should change the attitude now? i think the one being rude here is you.
and afaik V2 doesn't lag even full. it may be your connection or your pc.
V1 lags when full because the CPU can't handle it, and it's an i5 2.6GHz
connection is 1Gbit hence no problems.

before accusing so randomly think better please. i'm ok accepting negative feedback but don't go on personal things because that isn't a good thing to work on.

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
I have 2 megabyte internet and the 64 slot server plays awesome for me, I very rarely lag and if I do, it's for a brief moment at the start of the round which isn't noticeable. I used to have the problem that you described before which made the 64 slot unplayable, but I assumed it had been fixed since I have next to no problems at all right now. Granted now I do have a beast of a pc, but fps was NEVER the problem, it was always server lag.

Think you're talking out of your ass here, and your attitude is a disgrace. If it's as bad as you describe then don't play, because they're fine from my perspective and I likely have one of the slowest connections of anyone on the server. Oh and btw, there is a 40 slot server which has never had any lag at all you know?

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
deanburger said:
I have 2 megabyte internet and the 64 slot server plays awesome for me, I very rarely lag and if I do, it's for a brief moment at the start of the round which isn't noticeable. I used to have the problem that you described before which made the 64 slot unplayable, but I assumed it had been fixed since I have next to no problems at all right now. Granted now I do have a beast of a pc, but fps was NEVER the problem, it was always server lag.

Think you're talking out of your ass here, and your attitude is a disgrace. If it's as bad as you describe then don't play, because they're fine from my perspective and I likely have one of the slowest connections of anyone on the server. Oh and btw, there is a 40 slot server which has never had any lag at all you know?

same here except that my internet is meh and my computer setup is also kind of bad. I only lag at start of round in 4way (which I hate but w/e) :p