AFK/IDLE improvements & recommendations

Would you like these changes?

• I like 1st recommendation

• I like 1st and 2nd

• Nah, its fine as it is. I dont mind to wait.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Google Fiber

Donator
4 Apr 2018
Canada
Hello,

It has been a while now, but every time server is full, i would need approximately 15min to join because no one is leaving. Once I'm in, i can see that usually 10-18 of those people are AFK.

Here is where it gets interesting....
I always request from admin to kick those AFKs because of my no reason waiting period to join. Some admins are nice and will kick some AFK to free up slots for people who WANT to play. Nice of them eh?

However, there are admins which are struck to rules like "Solution" which advertise to other admins that they are not allowed to do it.

Okay i get it, ads are being run and you want to keep AFK when server is not as popular, but during other hours this is what i recommend:

RECOMMENDATION:
1) If server slot is 64/64 then scan for AFK and kick 1AFK (you dont have to kick all of them) with this, A) you are displaying ads more frequently which makes you MORE money, B) its making your server more fun and popular

2) (DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS ONE BUT WOULD BE NICE) If person idles during game, but did not move within 10min of no activity, then move them to AFK. A) This makes rounds be faster especially when one last human kills afk zombie and then we need to wait for this zombie to be killed and then also for it to spawn as human, and then also for other zombies to find it. B) during unexpected zombie attack, usually they block me while running in reverse while shooting like rambo C) Unexpected idle return. There is no heads up!

Okay, this was bugging me. If so this would be amazing change, not only for me, but for whole community

Google Fiber

Donator
4 Apr 2018
Canada
Spectators should not be getting kicked
Can you please elaborate more on your statement? I would like to understand the logic behind it when server is full. Sure dont kick admin/vip spectators but anyone else is obviously not on their pc and are most likely not recording bad players so they can be banned

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
The ONLY reason to kick a spectator would be if another admin absolutely had to be on the server. Spectators should not be getting kicked at all for the purposes you speak of.
All admins should be following this guideline and @seLuTioN acted properly in telling you he would not kick spectators, so you don't need to shit on him

Reactions: seLuTioN

Google Fiber

Donator
4 Apr 2018
Canada
Thank you @Lotus for getting back to my question, however i was more looking forward hearing from someone who came up with this rule rather than person reading from Elite-Hunterz rules section. In addition please accept my apology since it was never my intention to "shit on @seLuTioN ". He is great admin and does not abuse his powers unlike some. My only intention was to highlight his extreme knowledge base and leadership. Once again i apologize if i got you upset. P.S Hope that everything turns out alright between you and soph.

Reactions: Blue™ and Zoran

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Now i didn't come up with the rule however the rule has been here for a long time, we have 2 zombiemod servers at the moment, It's very rare that both are full, if one server is full you can join the other server, also if you must join one specific server you can just right click and press join when a slot is free, it doesn't take more than 2 minutes.

Google Fiber

Donator
4 Apr 2018
Canada
Now i didn't come up with the rule however the rule has been here for a long time, we have 2 zombiemod servers at the moment, It's very rare that both are full, if one server is full you can join the other server, also if you must join one specific server you can just right click and press join when a slot is free, it doesn't take more than 2 minutes.
Thanks mate. Usually i have auto join when slot is available, but it fails majority of times and i get "Server Full" message. Usually what i do (which sucks), open a console "join IP" +Enter. Repeat a process until you join. To be honest, dont know about 2 min wait 151.80.111.130:27045 is pretty popular.

WTF????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I sensed negative energy, so naturally i assumed that you two were fighting or something

Reactions: Zoran

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Back in the good old days when v1 was always full i sat it to auto-join and joined a different server, v2 or v3. Yes it bugs sometimes because it takes a few seconds to detect that a slot is free and mean while someone else might join and take the free spot but sooner or later you get in.

Also don't be worried about lotus and soph, their friendship is based on negative energy

Reactions: Tuxedo_Mask