Allow Turkish language? (Edited by Havoc)

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark

Our rules have always been English and German only, we might have a lot of Turkish players but we also have a lot of players from France, Netherlands, Sweden especially etc etc. We can't allow every language as admins must be aware of what's being said, obviously not all admins are German but as the community used to be German we allowed that language

Reactions: KURD

QUARESMA

11 May 2018
most of your players are Turks!
France, Netherlands, Sweden I don't think so!

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Nope! I would be fine to make the server english only and also forbid german for fairness but german is still allowed for good reasons. ;-)

Reactions: QUARESMA

Tuxedo_Mask

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Jun 2017
Germany
Und mir als a Schwob ischs au nur Recht wenn elle nur Englisch un Deutsch spreched, ansonschd komm i ganz durcheinander :confused:

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
i dont understand german and neither does atleast half the server, so, yeah people talking in a language you dont know is annoying.

English is where its at because everyone understands it, point with language in a public chat is that Admins and others has to know what you're saying, so you're not flaming in foreign languages.

dataworm saying german is there for good reasons, well it isn't it just originated there w/e owner and early admins and they decided their "own language" can be accepted + english, most of the ones typing german knows english so they could just spoken english annyway to give less confusion in the server, specially when admins speak in german and everyone asks, what are you saying?

Language in public chat = has to be understood by everyone, admins, players, all.

we can just say, all languages are okay, if we didn't care what you were saying, but we do and we dont want flaming in foreign languages.

And that just means @QUARESMA that we're never gonna add more languages. CSS is 16+ and at that age, you should know quite alot of english.

NorthernLight

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
15 Dec 2015
Germany
But we can't all understand Russian, Turkish or anything.
Not everyone who speaks German can also speak English automatically.

Quaresma, i like you but i stay for english/german only.

Reactions: QUARESMA

QUARESMA

11 May 2018
But we can't all understand Russian, Turkish or anything.
Not everyone who speaks German can also speak English automatically.

Quaresma, i like you but i stay for english/german only.

Yes bro, you're right. It is difficult for you may be. I respect you so much.

If Turkish language is added in V3 server, so I can teach you Turkish :D

Schobi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Jan 2015
Austria

we can just say, all languages are okay, if we didn't care what you were saying, but we do and we dont want flaming in foreign languages.

And that just means @QUARESMA that we're never gonna add more languages. CSS is 16+ and at that age, you should know quite alot of english.

What i don't get here is, why are you speaking about WE?
Have i missed something? Are you now part of the admin team or are such things related to the server now decided by you?

Sumned

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Nov 2017
Perhaps he's a latent admin, do not blame him

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
What i don't get here is, why are you speaking about WE?
Have i missed something? Are you now part of the admin team or are such things related to the server now decided by you?

Me and my bud, cause it doesn't matter.

aslong i dont know the language then its not okay to add it, thats why its not been added either and it never will.

English is because its universal, german is because server / owner and start admins came from germany thats why its there. else it would been english only

and this disqussion is over as Havoc already said, we (everyone) dont simply add languages to the chat, its languages that everyone understands or atleast most of us.

Quaresama just use steam chat and talk as much turkish you want there, takes a second to open.
once you get used to use steam quickly for friend chatting all problems solved.

Last edited:

Schobi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Jan 2015
Austria
No what you don't get is, YOU don't add any language on the server! It's us (the admin team) and in particular the SPA/HA team. That's my point.

I have a feeling that very often you tell us how to treat rulebreakers, how to handle the server and now you try to overrule our decisions. I have a feeling that you need to be brought down to earth again..

Tuxedo_Mask

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Jun 2017
Germany
So I think, also our crazy people from the far north speak partly German :p

one

Donator
10 Jun 2018
France
We are 5 6 turkish, let people speak turkish on server ? ?

Dude wtf i know a lot of french like me playing on the server and i still speak in english with them.

Melisa

Queen
Staff member
Special Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Tech Team
Donator
23 May 2014
1'029
Sweden
Doesn’t matter how many turks there are on our sever, it would not be fair to the players to add another language, if we add Turkish then people from other countries will want us to add their language as well, and that would be chaos now wouldn’t it.

It’s not even fair right now with the “english/german only” rule, the german language should be removed from the server (IMO) because there are admins/players that can’t understand it.

But since it started out as a german server and since the servers from the beginning were located in germany it became a main language and most of our players are from there so removing the german language would make the player count drop.

I hope this explains a bit for you.

Regards,
Melisa

QUARESMA

11 May 2018
We are 5 6 turkish, let people speak turkish on server ? ?

Dude wtf i know a lot of french like me playing on the server and i still speak in english with them.

I never said '' we are 5-6 Turkish ''. I said there are 5-6 Turkish admins in the server. But I know that, Turkish people are bigger than French people in the server.
And 3 millions of Germany consist of Turks :)