Am I welcome over here...?

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
pBEg6Vo.png
Hello everyone!

My name is Teemu. Online/ingame, my nickname is Makaify (or Maka for short). I am a 24 year old male from Finland.

I decided to register on your forums for a couple of reasons: I want to be part of a dedicated community again, and I want to create zombie mod maps for CSS once again. Now, some of you guys might remember me... Way back in the day, like 10 years ago, I went by the name of Makaroonivelli on i3D. I was the head admin over there for a while. Those familiar with history will remember, EH was born on i3D servers originally as a clan. I made so many good friends back then, and honestly I miss those days. I only have a few people added in my Steam friends from those days... (ThirtyEight, Chechen, Salem and some others) I haven't been active on Steam for years, so I've lost contact with most people. Hopefully I'll be able to spot some familiar faces here, and reconnect with them, and also make some new friends as well. :)

After I left i3D, I went all in on level and games design. I joined a indie game studio called Greenlight Games (now a games publisher). I worked on two game projects as a lead level designer and project manager. Sadly, both of those games ended up being canceled mid production. I put my heart and soul into those projects, and after both of them failed, I was burned out badly. On most days, I would spend 10-14 hours working on maps, designs, schedules etc. It was hell... After that, I couldn't touch any games development software for a year... The past couple of months, I've slowly began working on new maps again. And now, I'm about to release a new version of one of my old maps: de_sewage. The map is pretty much done. The final compile has been done and all it needs now is the minimap, .nav, kv- and text files. I'll hopefully have the map out by tomorrow (Sunday). After that, I will start boxing out the new CSS zombie map. I have the overall design ready for it. It's going to take a lot of references from a legendary zombie map called 4way_tunnel, a hugely popular map back in the day. You are going to feel like you are in the same atmosphere, but it's going to be a whole new map. I can't wait to show some progress screenshots to you guys. It's going to be awesome!

If you want to chat with me, feel free to add me on Steam. I will try to check the forums frequently, but adding me on Steam is your best bet to contact me quickly.

I guess that's pretty much it for the introduction... sorry for the long read. :)
Here are some links to my social media and mod stuff:
https://twitter.com/Makaify
http://gamebanana.com/members/211498 (about to celebrate my 10th anniversary)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986307885/
(Don't think I can link my indie game projects as they have been set to private, and I am still under a NDA)

Last edited:

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Hello Maka,

welcome to EH forum - have fun and avoid edgers :D see ya on servers!

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Hello easy.

I will make it a priority to get on the servers ASAP. Right now, level design is taking most of my time, though. But I will try...

Melisa

Queen
Staff member
Special Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Tech Team
Donator
23 May 2014
1'029
Sweden
Hello Maka and welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy it here.

See you on the servers when you come on! :)

TheDude

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
20 Mar 2017
Hello Makaify and welcome to the community.

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Thank you all for the warm welcomes.
I have just begun working on the new zombie map... and let me tell you, it's already looking crazy!

KURD

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
7 Oct 2010
First of all I thought you were Makfly, I was like hell no, your are not welcome!. But then you seemed to have more then that guy. I look forward to see more of you and your work!

Meanwhile enjoy our hamble community!

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
Oh shit, an oldschooler. Welcome back!

Im actually excited about some new maps as long as they arent cbble-like!

Reactions: Makaify and TheDude

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
I might push back the release of de_sewage so I can continue working on this new map... It's a hard decision between a completed map and a map that is going crazy in my head atm... I might not be able to sleep tonight... Shit!

Alca

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
29 Aug 2014
Tervetuloa äijä.
Damn mikä story ja olis kyl kiva nähä uusii mappei

Blue™

Actually green
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
17 Dec 2012
Yoshi City
nice to see some familiar faces from the old I3D times, you're more than welcome here!
some new maps here would also be amazing, hope to see you on the servers sometime :^)

Twice

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
16 Mar 2012
Im curious! I might install CSS again to check your new maps :)

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Thank you all!
I will try to work on some new maps for the ZM. I'm gonna take some time to figure out some designs... But I will release maps this summer.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Never would have i thought to find you here again!

I stayed as head admin in i3D after Cruth/Deeway/Salem sort of gave up and eventually created EH after seeing i3D going towards failure.
You probably heard my name from 9 years ago :p

I'm glad to have you on board here in EH!

Reactions: Makaify