Bhop/head boost (or whatever it's called)

Pot

15 Jul 2011
Hi,

Like most players, I don't use any scripts other than those for weapon/communication. I've seen players bhopping for ages now, and whilst a little irritating at times, it's never ruined any fun for me.

But lately, this new head boosting (one player (zombie) charges from another player and is launched, then bhop keeps momentum going) is starting to ruin A LOT of the fun of ZM (I only really play on your 3(maybe more?) servers.

Not only does it sometimes seem to prevent the zombs being shot away, but on almost all maps when players (usually AAAAAAAAAAA and Leonidas Greek fella) are doing it, it kills the dynamics of the mod (ie, hunt when ct:zomb ratio = XX)

So far, only a few are doing it, which I find bad enough. But if it catches on, if it's allowed to, personally I will look for another game. And many other players who I've chatted to in-game feel similar.

Curious as to your thoughts on the subject.

kindest regards,

Pot..

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hello,
thanks for your feedback, I'd like to hear what the other think about this, please wait for more feedback and then we will decide based on the replies.

I personally find it nice to use because for example on 4way, if a player camps on the rounded platform on the top of the hole you can only get him by speedboosting else it's very hard.

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
The runboost is and will always be useful, besides, you need to know how to do it and it's only a few.
I don't die from it very often, i know that i need to watch out for it, try it yourself and
problem will be solved

Headhunterz

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
2 Feb 2012
Hannover
I have to agree with Niko and Geo, its very usefull in 4way and cbble and i have only seen a couple of players using it + its not very easy to do =D I dont think it ruins any fun tbh, but thats my opinion =D

The Viper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Dec 2011
Norway, Oslo
I've done it a few times, maxgs, avollay etc... it's useful when zombies are close from getting totally dominated. Like to do it to start a counter-rush :D

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Runboost is fine. If it were suddenly not allowed than maps like cbble will become very imba for humans

I personally find it nice to use because for example on 4way, if a player camps on the rounded platform on the top of the hole you can only get him by speedboosting else it's very hard.

either that or do it Barra style :p

Zm_Prod

9 Mar 2012
If there wouldn't be a boost if you hit the head, there would be no challenge because you need to prevent getting hit by the zombie when he's bhopping then, and it would be no fun, if they had no boost, it would be like Zombie Riot.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Runboost is fine. If it were suddenly not allowed than maps like cbble will become very imba for humans

either that or do it Barra style :p

LMAO, I'm still not as nerdy as he is. cannot effort that :p

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
Noticed this a lot recently as well, I think it's pretty cool since there's extra spots where the zombies can knife the ct's from since they can jump further, keeps the ct's on their toes and can reduce the effectiveness of camping spots :p

Pot

15 Jul 2011
Well I'm surprised at your replies. Many other players share my dislike for it. And just now for example I came off one of your servers, Palace was the map. About 10 players were doing it. Soon the majority will be doing it. See how much you like it then.