BlackKekInk

1 Nov 2021
Gamemode [CS:S ALL/CS:GO ZM]

Ingame name Black_Ink

SteamID https://steamcommunity.com/id/Black_Ink/

Ban/Gag reason hyperscroll / macro.

Desired outcome Lift my punishment

Statement of grounds
initcial ban 1day ago for "macro" (didn't care because NN (Donator) SyntX thinking he is intitled to police the server after he donated X amount Euros to the server.
besides he himself griefs players by blocking intentionally shooteing zombies into other players... etc.

Anyhow and now i get a 1 week ban for "hyperscroll / macro."???
owening a g502 hero with infinte scroll, binding +jump or +jump/+duck on mwheelup is considered as illegal macro and soforth rule breaking ????
explanation please because the rules from 2013 don't specifie what rulebreaking macros/hotkeys/scripts are and what not
I mean i also use a buy script to buy an AWP or m3 as fast as possible to be able to start running imidiatly after spawneing into a new round.
Is that illegal aswell ?
Please clarify..

(
Bannable offences: ZombieMod Servers

Cheating
Rejoining
Exploiting the game
Teamkilling
Macros/Hotkeys/Scripts
Teaming/Not following the game objective
Blocking/Ruining the gameplay
Destroying barricades
AFK faking is allowed.
4way: Platform camping
)

Best Regardes

Black_Ink

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Hello mate,

I will gladly clearify this. Hyperscrolling is seen as an unfair advantage and treated like a macro ever since I am admin.

I use Logitec mouses since ages, my previous mouses offered hyperscroll (=infinite scroll) too. As it is not allowed to use it on EH's zombiemod servers I deactivated it ever since I am jumping via mousewheel. I suggest you do the same.

The ban is totally ok, so is the banlength. By extending the ban length we give players the chance to change their settings - those who dont will end up in a permanent ban. I recommend that after this ban expires you should stop using infinite scroll, as your next (final chance) will be a one month ban.

Your "buy script" (I guess/hope you mean a bind) is not illegal. We even added a plugin (available via !zmarket) to autobuy your favourite weapons.

Btw: Scripts are generally illegal and lead instantly to a permanent ban.

Reactions: Jd Smith

BlackKekInk

1 Nov 2021
Thanks for the insanely fast reply.
I will gladly clearify this. Hyperscrolling is seen as an unfair advantage and treated like a macro ever since I am admin.

just update the rules properly so it's clear what hotkeys/binds are allowed and what scripts/macros are forbidden....
for me Macros/Hotkeys/Scripts are like e.g."binding Alt+F4 onto 1 Button to avoid beeing a zombie" or Software like ahk... not a build in mouse feature which in my opinion doesn't provide that significant advantage to normal wheel scrolling.
The ban is totally ok, so is the banlength. By extending the ban length we give players the chance to change their settings - those who dont will end up in a permanent ban. I recommend that after this ban expires you should stop using infinite scroll, as your next (final chance) will be a one month ban.
I am fine with that, gone disable "infinte scroll".

Your "buy script" (I guess/hope you mean a bind) is not illegal. We even added a plugin (available via !zmarket) to autobuy your favourite weapons.
I personnally don't use !zmarket because it's often bugged and don't buys me a HE Grenade. useing my "buy scipt" aka keybinds on my numpad to quickly buy specific weapons/equipment

anyhow thanks for the talk
have a great day

Best Regards

Black_Ink

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
If you agree on deactivating hyperscroll I believe you and will talk to the admin who banned you about an unban. But you must know that - if this is a lie or if you reactivate it - you will be banned again. Do we have an agreement?

And I agree that the rules could be clearer in hyperscolling indeed. I will add it to !rules in game when i work on it next time.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
besides he himself griefs players by blocking intentionally shooteing zombies into other players... etc.
regarding this: record a demo if a griefer ruins the game and our admins will take care about it asap :)

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
I've added the information about hyperscrolling as more and more gaming mouses offer this feature:

1635768299754.png

BlackKekInk

1 Nov 2021
regarding this: record a demo if a griefer ruins the game and our admins will take care about it asap :)
yeah but honestly i don't want to run 24/7 a demo just to be able to police every small misbehavior some players may do..

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland