DeathMatch Server

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
Spawning at random spots every time you respawn is annoying.
Make CT's spawn in CT spawn, and T's spawn in T spawn.
This will decrease the amount of annoying backstab kills and reduce the spawn kills!

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Exactly, it will also lead to skill requiring spawn camping! Hooray!!

...Unless of course you implement spawn protection for 1 to 2 seconds.

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
Spawn protection for like 3 seconds would be awesome!

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
This is getting annoying.
Please change it.

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
Hey Boubble, thanks for your feedback. When i set up a server i always take a look at how other servers are with their settings. I copy the most common settings and then i try to improve them on my own, some people like these settings and some people don't and it's very hard to satisfy everyone.

I don't know where your idea comes from, another server perhaps? However that's something i'm not going to fix. If you've ever played competetive matchmaking you know about the warmup period where it's deathmatch for 2 minutes or something like that, terrorists spawn at t spawn and ct at ct spawn, it's very easy to take over a spawn and start spawnkilling which i think will happen at one point on the server if i go through with your idea.

The server has a "spawn with friendly's only" option though that works most of the time, but unfortunately it tends to skip that option sometimes and you spawn with enemys instead to then die directly. I've not found a fix for this yet and i think it's beyond of what i can do, i will have to wait for an update of the deathmatch plugin in order to fix that.

About spawn protection, i've had this talk with another player commming with feedback about the server (http://forum.elite-hunterz.info/showthread.php/3686-DM-server-bad-settings).
We decided to reduce the spawn protection time to 1 instead of 2 seconds to make the player getting backstabbed by a new spawned player have chance to kill him.

I really appreciate your feedback though and if you have any other ideas you can always tell me about them. I also saw your private message and something i can do is to atleast make you admin on the csgo server. And that goes for all the zm admins we got here. If you're admin on ZM and play on our deathmatch server on CSGO, just pm me and i will give you admin on our deathmatch server too since that's something we really need.

Last edited:

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
Thank you for your feedback!

When the server is full, there can be up to like 22 players in the same game, right?
How can one team take over another team's spawn? That's just not possible when there's so many people in the same game.
The people who spawn will be able to kill the campers straight away, because there's people who respawn all the time.
It won't happen that one spawn gets overtaken by the other team, due to the team balance.
The teams will always be even, which will make spawn killing for a longer period of time impossible.
I know that spawn killing can and will occur, but it will only happen one og two times when it happens, and then the spawn killers will be killed within a short amount of time.

Regarding the admin thing: Sounds good! Will be looking forward to administrate the server.

Also, do we have more than one server?

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
I think the whole point in deathmatch is to have enemys spread out for the most action, that wont happen if I put ct's to ct spawn and t's to t spawn since it will most likely end up like a normal game where there will be t's at long mid and tunnels and ct's at A mid and B. Most popular dm servers got random spawning and they also got a problem with spawnkilling but imo it's just a part of the mod.

I will try to find some kind of fix to it, perhaps getting another deathmatch plugin with more spawnpoints but I think the random spawn should stay so the whole map is getting used and not just 3-4 parts of it.

Atm we don't got more than this deathmatch server, I was thinking about getting one more deathmatch server up with a rotation of all bomb and defuse maps

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
Okay, fair enough sounds good.
More servers would be cool since our current server is quite popular actually.