WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Not a new idea, but a server with only special maps and old maps we all miss:)

We got 5 servers with the same maps, why not 1 without any of them?

So many maps are overplayed and im not the only one groaning when certain maps gets nominated and you know your own dont stand a chance. Many people responds positively when a special map comes up, and there is always the question "why not more of them", and at the same time, we got the nagging spammers who cant understand why we don't only play cbble and 4way. The good thing is that whenever theres is a vote for special-maps the answer is always a big Yes.

Having a server with only special maps will be useful for those who are tiered of the old ones, wants to try something new or its an excellent way of testing new maps(created or downloaded).
Another argument for this, is that its much more tolerable to going back to cbble and 4way and continue playing. Not just for admins, but for regular players too. Since im not the only one that sometimes change server when i see a map im sick off coming up, then this is another good way for keeping the gamers on our servers.

One of the problems with special maps is ofcourse that they can be buggy or will only work with under a certain max_player_limit.
But on a server like this we wouldn't need the full 64_player_slots anyway, we can remove buggy maps and some of the maps may even become popular enough to be used on the other servers.

We already got a minigames-server, scout-server and glass-wars-server, so why not this?

Anyway, if you like the idea, please share your input and maybe map ideas :)

4dhvY.jpg

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
It's a good idea, but the question is: Will it be populated? Actually the only thing I'm waiting for is a bhop-server, where you don't need opponents in order to enjoy practicing bhop. Advaldo, I know you like bhopping, create one.

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
I like this ;>

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
Not a new idea, but a server with only special maps and old maps we all miss:)

We got 5 servers with the same maps, why not 1 without any of them?

So many maps are overplayed and im not the only one groaning when certain maps gets nominated and you know your own dont stand a chance. Many people responds positively when a special map comes up, and there is always the question "why not more of them", and at the same time, we got the nagging spammers who cant understand why we don't only play cbble and 4way. The good thing is that whenever theres is a vote for special-maps the answer is always a big Yes.

Having a server with only special maps will be useful for those who are tiered of the old ones, wants to try something new or its an excellent way of testing new maps(created or downloaded).
Another argument for this, is that its much more tolerable to going back to cbble and 4way and continue playing. Not just for admins, but for regular players too. Since im not the only one that sometimes change server when i see a map im sick off coming up, then this is another good way for keeping the gamers on our servers.

One of the problems with special maps is ofcourse that they can be buggy or will only work with under a certain max_player_limit.
But on a server like this we wouldn't need the full 64_player_slots anyway, we can remove buggy maps and some of the maps may even become popular enough to be used on the other servers.

We already got a minigames-server, scout-server and glass-wars-server, so why not this?

Anyway, if you like the idea, please share your input and maybe map ideas :)

View attachment 2947

This is an awesome and very sexy idea.

It's a good idea, but the question is: Will it be populated? Actually the only thing I'm waiting for is a bhop-server, where you don't need opponents in order to enjoy practicing bhop. Advaldo, I know you like bhopping, create one.

I would love if we had a bhop server!

ineyy

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
10 Aug 2012
Turn minigames into bhop!

Vindictive

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
10 Aug 2013
UK
Not sure if the seniors are still discussing or have just forgotten about this idea, so BUMP

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I'm actually willing to change v5 to a campfest unlimited ammo respawn server,
we don't have such a server and it's something that noobs always love.

Vindictive

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
10 Aug 2013
UK
I'm actually willing to change v5 to a campfest unlimited ammo respawn server,
we don't have such a server and it's something that noobs always love.

That, on special maps? :D
I don't mean ONLY special maps, but have it so special maps are available for nomination and come up in normal votes etc