Final Fantasy XiV(14) for 30 days Free! Join me in the Hunt!

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
srefg9J.jpg
Hei guys,
Have you ever wanted to try an MMORPG or want to try a new and very interesting MMORPG? Please join me in exploring this massive world with 10 million other users. It would be nice to see more familiar faces in other games as well :D

You do not need to know anything about FinalFantasy or MMORPGs to play, i didnt and i still dont know anything about Final Fantasy :p

MMORPG stands for massive multiplayer online games (MMO) with role playing game elements (RPG), that means there are hundreds of gamers playing around the same world you are. In this game, like many others, you take up a role or "job" and help to make the world a better place. In FF14 you can choose between fighting skills like a Paladin, Monk, Warrior, Dragoon, Bard, White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner, Scholar, Ninja, Red Mage, Samurai, Astrologian, Conjurer, Dark Knight and Machinist. Several of these options will unlock as you play and you can choose your path, but unlike any other MMORPGs in FF14 you can go back and choose another job if it turns out you are not happy with it. Not only can you change "role" or "job" with the same character without starting a new one and doing everything all over again, but you can switch between then at your will at any moment if you wanna go back again.

This world offers much much more than fighting battles, you can take up regular jobs like fishing and becoming a smith. Exploring the world and doing small quests for the inhabitants or just looking at the very stunningly beautiful world they have created are things i find myself doing all the time.
This is how the game looks for me right at this moment:

qpzXUnT.jpg

This is my character, she is of the race Miqo'te(cat people) and right now im playing a level 54(of 70) Scholar which is a healer who can summon a pet to help you with your task( btw, its the hardest job you can have. lots of quick micromanagement but very very satisfactory when your team wins, and everyone else knows its the hardest job so you always gets rewarded).

NXjxdHC.jpg

Here is another picture of me and 7 others about to take down that big effing dragon in the background. Its actually bigger than it looks xD
Here im a level 63 Ninja, but because the dragon is a level 50 Boss everyone is synced down to level 50 too. (being a Ninja is a cool and much easier job than being a healer, but your job is to make sure the healer lives and helping the big heavy warriors that takes all the damage. The ninja basically runs around making sure that the "healer" and the "tank"(big warrior) get to do their job at the same time doing massive killings).

One last photo just to show off how pretty this world is in regular gameplay:
uGxO7XI.jpg

Because the oldest thing on my computer is my graphic card and i want fps between 100 and 200 at all time, i have the settings on somewhere between medium and high. Still it looks this good. (Still a level 60 Ninja at that moment.)

If you have looked at the pictures or just have seen other MMORPGs you might think there is ALOT of things to learn and you will not understand anything without reading 10 000 books on the game. Well, you are right, but not really. On the pictures you can see many buttons(shortcuts) and with enemies like big effing dragons you MUST be a master at the game to win anything. But no. The game is BIG, but you start small, very small and work yourself up by exploring and finishing tasks what are at your level. At the same time many other players and experts will happily help you. All the bossbattles are and feel epic, even at the low levels. Between level 10 and 20 you will start seeing many of them and leveling to level 20 goes fast. And the buttons? you start out with 1-2 combat buttons and you learn gradually how to use every button as you get them.

You can get the game in English, German, French and Japanese. You can play it on your PC, PS3 and PS4. (you can play the game with a controller and be just as good as the keyboard and mouse guys)

Please contact me if you are curious and want to try the game 30 days for free, its really fun.
If you want to continue to play you must pay for the game and after getting 30 days free for buying the game you must pay 13€ a month to continue to play. Its alot, but if you try the game for free you get to see why 10 million players think its worth it.

Me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977220078

Here is a video by someone who can explain a bit more about why this game is so popular and fun.

Btw, here is an epic bossbattle on Extreme with only top level players, played with a PS4. I have tried to kill her about 10 times without managing it, so its not for newbs. But, if you win you get a flame horse you can ride around with, so totally worth it!
(the battle starts at 02:00 min and the music is ingame)

Last edited:
Reactions: Xylon and AsH