He doesn't want skins on the servers i guess

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
A pure server is one that forces all clients on the server to use content that matches what is on the server. This prevents cheating by modifying game content, e.g. increasing the size of models or volume of footsteps, or making wall materials transparent.

Mode 1 Details

In this mode, the list of content that the server enforces is specified in the file pure_server_whitelist.txt, which is contained in the server's hl2 directory. Server administrators can edit this file to change which content clients are allowed to modify. For example, the server could specify in this file that clients are allowed to modify sounds, but not materials or models.

Mode 2 Details

In this mode, all game content is forced to be default. This is identical to running in mode 1 and with everything in the whitelist file set to from_steam.

from: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Pure_Servers

If we are going to make servers pure then I would rather have it set to 1, restricting everything except for weapon skins, since probably a lot of players do have their own custome weapon skins.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
yeah sv_pure would restrict material wallhack, who is up to make a whitelist?

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
It's nice to have it since it's rly Hard to spot à wh that is rly Trying to hide it, whats white list btw ? Clearing ban list ?

Enissay

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
21 Aug 2012
Also if it is possible to remove previous versions of maps that we don't use anymore... It make it hard to choose the right one after a map vote (there are 4 or 5 versions of cbble for example xD, same for 4way...)

Dominik.

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Aug 2012
restricting everything except for weapon skins, since probably a lot of players do have their own custome weapon skins.

With this i can still use weapon skins?
Installed 3.
'Cause I played a long time at unlimited Ammo server and I got Soundbugs with 3 Weapons (AK, M4, P90), so i skinned them.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Of course they use. These boring pixel weapons and sounds all the time. Changing your weapons to new high res models and sounds is like a new game :)

But pure would be super against those material modifying noobs.