GO-Free server [more rank or rank rework]

thom_angelz

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
16 Nov 2015
quebec/canada
I was talking with many person on a few surf maps and one thing was coming pretty often; is how easy we can get rank. So I was asking myself if we can add more rank that we can get on higher points. Or change the amount of points we need to get a higher rank.

Due to personnal experience after the server reset I got 760 points for beating surf_aircontrol in 37second which gain me the rank (Pro) in only 1 completion of the map. And has I play, it isn't rare to see a player that finish the map for the first time and gain 100+points.

I have few rank that I have in mind

Rank (BUTTER) given to player with rank under 5
Rank (CHALLENGER) Given too player with more then 1000pts won in race
Rank (master) given to top 10 player in a single map
Rank (zombie) given to any player who win a challenge agains me (zombiethom) in any map. (The idea isn't coming from me :O)

Thanks for taking time to read and I wish that we can see change some details in the rank system !!

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
idk if you are able to create and personalize the ranks based off actions.

All I have seen is just the basic change of rank name based off points.

thom_angelz

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
16 Nov 2015
quebec/canada
I know adding rank might not be the best/easiest thing to do but modify the number of points we win by finnishing a map or changing the points needed for a rank can be possible.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
this is something i can definitely look into!

8 Dec 2015
I mean, you could follow along with what Horizon does. They base your rank off of your percentile on the overall server. The higher percentile you are on a map the higher you are on the overall server. So if you are top ten on something like Mesa or Air Control you get an insane amount of points/percentile. Really weeds out players who get high ranks simply by receiving points from other players or just improving on a mediocre time.

Reactions: Shakarump

thom_angelz

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
16 Nov 2015
quebec/canada
I think that it can be a good idea. It would give a more accurante rank based on youe skills level. And I think it would give a better motivation to beat your time if you know that if you beat your time by alot you eill get a lot better rank.

VorteX.

10 Dec 2015
Yea, I've always felt that it was way too easy to get pro. I feel like the amount of points should be increased by a bit (maybe by 100?).

ThaCrypte

23 Dec 2015
Would be nice if the rankings go on after PRO, such as Elite, Master, Legend, and Godlike

h4wkshot

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
26 Nov 2015
Canadia
Isn't it like that in horizon with the Elite, Master, Legend, and Godlike ranks ?

Queks

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Oct 2015
Personally i would like to see some changes to the point system we are using at the moment. Usually you only need to get a time that is below average to get enough points for pro or semipro, witch then makes the rank lose it meaning. I don't think we necessarily need to add more ranks to the system but instead either change the amount of points needed to get the higher ranks, or as Tonsil says to make it based on your percentile. ;-)

Toffer

25 Jan 2016
Oslo, Norway
I'd really like to see a time based ranking-system be added. It's just way too easy to get ranks, so I kinda feel like ranks are meaningless.
Percentile based is also a good idea, since it's probably more consistant than having it locked to set times. I don't feel like adding more ranks, without changing the system, would solve the "problem", since alot of players would have enough points to reach that rank anyways.

Armec13

8 Feb 2016
South-East of France
I know you've may be already asked but a rank system based on time ( rank ) is way better, i know its maybe not easy to do, and maybe u're already working on it but today i saw someone asking for help to an [expert] because he thought it was one of the best rank ( i'm [new] ) and he didn't believed me that the man teaching him had a really bad time, i tried to help him but he didnt read what i said bcs i'm new.. so he get troll and thats borring to see :p