Help!

Killertudse

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
6 Jun 2010
Denmark
Hey guys!! I had another account called frederik99? But now its like deleted so now i made a new? Why you guys removed my other account?

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'638
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
hi mate! i quote what i announced yesterday on the other thread :(

nikooo777 said:
Hello to everybody.

You may be Like WHAT THE FUCK?

you are right.

well what happened?
i gave access to a friend of mine to the website ftp so that he could install for me a nice controlpanel that would allow us to restart servers and upload easily maps.
what he did? he did what i told him but at a point he got a problem with php and he decided by his own to install some kind of tool as ROOT user (administrator).
well he did something wrong and deleted the folder /opt that is the APACHE folder.
by doing this he deleted all our websites (the pointed domains) and ALL THE databases where we store all our datas (like forum's posts, bans, stats, admins...)

when i spotted it (i wasn't at home) i thought about a apache crash and i tried to restart it from remote. but then i saw that there wasn't an apache server anymore so i drove home immediately and started backing up.

what i could do:

i reinstalled APACHE + PHP + mySQL
i found a backup (LUCKILY!!!!!!!!!) of the forum from 6-7 days ago (27.5.2010)
imported it.

now we have again the forum luckily. i say that we are lucky because if i wouldn't have that backup we wouldn't have the forum anymore.

i cant find:
a backup of HLstatsX:CE
a full backup of Sourcebans (atleast not recent)

what i will do:
sourcebans will be restored as 4 months ago + all permabans we had till 2 weeks ago.
stats: will be resetted for all servers.

what's new after this FAIL:

new subdomains:
stats.elite-hunterz.info
bans.elite-hunterz.info
and the old one:
forum.elite-hunterz.info

i will also make backups daily to be always sure we have all!

please help the community to get over this huge problem and try to be more active on the forum so we get all what we lost back.

i am truely sorry for what happened and i hope you will forgive me for this :(

yours, Niko

Killertudse

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
6 Jun 2010
Denmark
Oh okay thanks