Germany / Munich
Get rid off...

...red error skins
2013-06-04_00001.jpg
...invisible models
2013-06-04_00002.jpg
...or any other buggy things!
2013-06-04_00006.jpg

Those errors are caused by corrupted or incomplete model files. To fix these problems you have to delete the models and re-download them from the gameserver. If you experience these bugs only at EH servers it's enough to delete the files used by us. Go to every directory listed below and delete the folders. But you can also use the quick way. After this, join our server, download the files (happens automatically) and enjoy playing!
If you have these errors on other servers than EH you have to use the quick way. Still didn't work? Then it may be caused by invalid model files on the gameserver. Only the server administrator can fix this then.

Quick way: Delete the folder materials and models from C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download That's it!

Long way: Go to: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download

Navigate to the directory below and delete the folders fty
materials/models/player/elis/
models/player/elis/

Long description: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\materials\models\player\elis\
C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download\models\player\elis\

Delete the folder fs and fsv2
models/player/elis/

Delete the folders zp
materials/models/player/techknow/
models/player/techknow/

Delete the folders batman
materials/models/player/slow/jamis/mkvsdcu/
models/player/slow/jamis/mkvsdcu/

Delete the folder salem and tyson
materials/models/player/slow/aot/
materials/models/player/slow/aot/
models/player/slow/aot/

Zombie escape only:

Delete the folders hk
models/player/elis/

As already said above: after deleting these folders join the gameserver and keep on fragging!

Regards!

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Nice tutorial, I think there is another way to solve this issue, at least it solved the red-error bug for me when I had it. This is to simply 'verify integrity of game cache' and this is (one of the) ways of how to do it:

1. Open and login to your Steam account
  2. Goto your Steam Library
  3. Right-Click onto Counter-Strike:Source and click the last one named 'Properties' and a window should appear
  4. Go to the third tab at the top of the window named "Local Files"
  5. Click the bottom one "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..."

It should take maximum upto a few minutes although with a good PC the process should be done within a minute. I don't actually know why or how this solves the issue (professionalism :p) but as said, it did for me and I could play on EH with normal skins again.

Lance

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
4 Jan 2014
Nice tutorial, I think there is another way to solve this issue, at least it solved the red-error bug for me when I had it. This is to simply 'verify integrity of game cache' and this is (one of the) ways of how to do it:

1. Open and login to your Steam account
  2. Goto your Steam Library
  3. Right-Click onto Counter-Strike:Source and click the last one named 'Properties' and a window should appear
  4. Go to the third tab at the top of the window named "Local Files"
  5. Click the bottom one "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..."

It should take maximum upto a few minutes although with a good PC the process should be done within a minute. I don't actually know why or how this solves the issue (professionalism :p) but as said, it did for me and I could play on EH with normal skins again.

No, this is official game files only, the server uses custom skins.

Xylon

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
20 Jan 2012
1'923
France
BUMP

I'd like to add something that might be useful for the future, sometimes deleting the files isn't enough to fix the problem, here's another way to proceed:

get on your cfg folder

Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\cfg

if you don't already have an autoexec file, create a notepad, open it and copy/paste the following command inside

cl_downloadfilter "all"

then click on save as and name it autoexec.cfg (DON'T FORGET THE .CFG)

there you go, launch CS:S and enjoy the game !