Ideas for improved version of zm_4way_tunnel_v2

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Hello everyone!

I've been playing on your EH servers for some time now and I love it. I also love the maps you use, especially 4way, but it sucks when there are 50+ players because of things like door closing, elevator blocking etc. However I took some time to think of ways to not let this happen

1) Players often get 'stuck' at the spawn when there's 50+ players trying to get out. They have to jump on top of others and half of them turn to zombies in the first 30sec. So I thought if the spawn zone would be wider then there is more space to get through

2) Door closing has always been a problem. I think it would be good if the doors were removed so that no one would have to turn to zombie or die from the closing door (and get -1 score :p)

3) People often block elevator by standing underneath where it lands, which is not cool. I think the area where the elevator lands (the black part on the ground) should be lower so that people who try to block will get stuck in there for the rest of the match and then the lift will be there for everyone :D

Unfortunately, I don't know how to make new maps (or improve older maps) but it would be nice if someone here would make one with the improvements I listed. Thanks alot :D

WhiskeY

28 Oct 2010
I can agree with some of your words. But the doors is made for that reason. If it wasnt for the doors it would kinda change some meaning with the map. Still you should be able to find a clue to keep the doors and play with em

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
I guess you're right btw I know that the doors are good use for zombies but alot of players were getting really pissed everytime :D

I guess the only way is to not go there if you don't like it ;)

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Bumble said:
2) Door closing has always been a problem. I think it would be good if the doors were removed so that no one would have to turn to zombie or die from the closing door (and get -1 score :p)

I now know a solution to this. When a player is standing under the door and the door closes it hits on the player and goes back up, a bit like the glass room door in lila_panic_revisited.

junior

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Dec 2010
Bumble said:
I now know a solution to this. When a player is standing under the door and the door closes it hits on the player and goes back up, a bit like the glass room door in lila_panic_revisited.

and the guy pressing the button gets a 50% damage hit ^^

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
junior said:
and the guy pressing the button gets a 50% damage hit ^^

Dont forget he will automatically start 'farting', a command that causes him to hear annoying sounds that he can not bare, so he ragequits xD

Zersixs

11 Mar 2012
Sweden
I Can fix the problems you listed, starting on it right now. Will hopefully be done today! :)

Last edited:

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
I Can fix the problems you listed, starting on it right now. Will hopefully be done today! :)

That would be nice!! in fact, it would be cool if you could do this:

that way the gameplay will stay the same :)

Zersixs

11 Mar 2012
Sweden
What i have done so far.

(X) = Done

(X) You can now stand under doors without getting killed (You can hold the door up for others)

(X) If blocking an elevator you will insta-die.

(X) Spawn is bigger and now have 2 exits.

(X) Displacement has been simplified, it looks better and run smoother.

(X) Added Steps up to vents near doors.

(X) Fixed the second elevator up that only worked one time. Its now a copy of the other one.

(X) Minor changes.

Hopefully we can play it today if an admin add it :p

Zersixs

11 Mar 2012
Sweden
Copyrighted

Hey guys! im making all my maps / remakes and fixes to the EH Community and therefor im going to put logos in all maps that im working with.

This one will go to the zm_4way_tunnel_v3 fix

9.jpg

What do you think? :)

Last edited:

junior

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Dec 2010
What i have done so far.

(X) = Done

(X) You can now stand under doors without getting killed (You can hold the door up for others)

(X) If blocking an elevator you will insta-die.

(X) Spawn is bigger and now have 2 exits.

(X) Displacement has been simplified, it looks better and run smoother.

(X) Added Steps up to vents near doors.

(X) Fixed the second elevator up that only worked one time. Its now a copy of the other one.

(X) Minor changes.

Hopefully we can play it today if an admin add it :p

sounds great. could you attach it so some of us could try it out?

junior

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Dec 2010
no prob. good things take time :)