Ideas

shazzer

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Oct 2014
Hey awesome mappers,

I think there should be a clearer separation between camping and hunting areas in EH maps. Cbble-esque maps have multiple camping spots in every area and very often zombies are resorted to hiding in tiny rooms, or die while trying to pass the campers to reach safety. These maps seem to rely too heavily on getting an entire area of campers infected before hunting can begin. The tiny rooms are also too difficult to clear out with multiple zombies and humans blocking you, such as on rush.

My favourite map (with enough players) is palace, because it has large open camping areas and large open hunting areas. The diehard campers will camp on boxes next to spawn, while diehard hunters will explore the 'zombie friendly' areas to get points. For the most part hunters don't have to worry about campers stealing their kills, because these areas are mostly separated. The zombies also don't have to worry about getting shot from somewhere almost impossible to reach. When the map is overrun with zombies, hunters are able to retreat to the camping areas to survive.

The perfect gameplay for me would be this:
When there are few zombies, most of them should retreat to the hunting area to survive, with humans following them there to get points. With many zombies, they would storm the camping area, with most humans retreating then camping there to survive.

I'd love to make a map to give an example of what I'm thinking but can't get Hammer to work on my comp. I could make drawings for those interested but if anything I hope this provides some food for thought.