Admins changing to a special without voting which map.

How should special maps be decided?

• by players and admin

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • by admin only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

1nfomercial

Donator
24 Nov 2014
Out of nowhere, she asked for a special map. As usual, most people voted for "yes".
First, I liked the initiative that an admin randomly asks for a special map.
But what I had to witness, I have never seen something like that before in the history of EH (slight exaggeration). Players started to share suggestions of a special map. But Melisa could not care less. She picked a map that she chose by herself. She did not consider any of the player's suggestion nor made a vote of what map should be played next.

That behavior is selfish and abusive. Honestly, I do not know how the map was taken by other players, cause I boycotted the map change by leaving the server. But it is not the point whether the players liked the map or not. Picking a map that was selected by one individual player is beyond everything I experienced all these years on EH servers.

Furthermore, it should be forbidden for admins to pick a special map by themselves. Either suggestions should be accepted or an offical vote should be made...as almost every other admin has been handling it that way all these years.

The poll attached to it, gives an overview of what others think. The poll is based on opinions and officially does not change anything.

@Melisa

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Hello 1nfomercial, long time no see.

Admins are allowed to change to any special map they like after making a vote and if yes wins obviously, this is not abusive, many admins do it and it's totally fine tho is is preferred to make a map vote too. If this is all you had to report then there's no abuse done and this should not even have been an abuse report, it should have been a thread in feedback where you suggest that admins always make a map vote after the special vote.

Reactions: WolfRam and Melisa

Melisa

Queen
Staff member
Special Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Tech Team
Donator
23 May 2014
1'029
Sweden
Hello 1nfomerrical, I'm sorry you feel this way but let me tell you this, as an admin I have to make a vote to play a special map, if it passes I can choose whichever map I want OR I can make another vote with a couple of suggestions, every admin does it differently.
So clearly, there was no abuse done here.

Regards,
Melisa.

Reactions: Mighty_Mo'