Mirrors and toys for zombies !!!

rhodo

14 Jun 2018
Manchester
Hello guys. Is there any chance to add mirrors to some maps so zombies can practice moves and see themselves when they bored ? Also maybe some toys for zombies they can play with ? More ideas to make zombie life better are welcome ! Thanks

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Hi rhodo,

I don't see no sense nor purpose in this suggestion to be honest. We want zombiez to try to infect CTs and follow the idea of the game and not to watch themselves duck-dancing, flashlight spamming or posing. If everybody starts watching themselves in mirrors instead of trying to win this mod can be burried.

But maybe I am wrong in my assumptions and you wanna tell me some examples of progess a mirror can do?

Reactions: Havoc and Paw

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
I don't think you can even add mirrors in css, at least from my 7k hours i have never seen mirrors in a map.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I've made 'screens showing a live cam feed'. Also haven't seen a real mirror yet but that live cam feed might be turned into something that comes a bit closer to a mirror... But I am not so sure if this would be worth it ;-)

rhodo

14 Jun 2018
Manchester
Hi guys. That's why I started this thread actually, as in my +12k hours i didn't see anything like that. I hope some map guys can say something, @TheRalle , @WolfRam @Xylon ... ? And @easy yes I see purpose : keep players in game even they are zombies. How many players are disconnecting, rejoining or simply staying afk after they are infected... ? Sometimes little things make it funny 4 zombies, like sleigh in xmas cbble, launcher in corps or big ball in highschool...And we all love zombie trains or silly zombie dances sometimes as well i think. Thanks and c u in game.

Reactions: Dataworm

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Hi guys. That's why I started this thread actually, as in my +12k hours i didn't see anything like that. I hope some map guys can say something, @TheRalle , @WolfRam @Xylon ... ? And @easy yes I see purpose : keep players in game even they are zombies. How many players are disconnecting, rejoining or simply staying afk after they are infected... ? Sometimes little things make it funny 4 zombies, like sleigh in xmas cbble, launcher in corps or big ball in highschool...And we all love zombie trains or silly zombie dances sometimes as well i think. Thanks and c u in game.
It is possible to make mirrors, however you will never be able to see yourself in the mirror, since your player model is something that will never be rendered from your pov. I do believe though you should be able to see other players. I am currently working on a zombie map myself, perhaps I could add in a small mirror and see how it works out.

Reactions: JUNIOЯ'

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
This is an example of a mirror on my map. As you can see, you yourself are not visible as long as you are in first person. The only way to see yourself would be if you were in third person, which is obviously isn't possible on the EH servers. But you will be able to see other players.

Attachments

• 20190711164715_1.jpg
    20190711164715_1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 20190711164725_1.jpg
    20190711164725_1.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: JUNIOЯ' and rhodo

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Due to my old times on hide&seek servers I can tell you that there should be plugins that allow you to see yourself in third person. But yeah, such a plugin is obviously not available on eh server atm! ;-)

Reactions: Hammaplayz

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Due to my old times on hide&seek servers I can tell you that there should be plugins that allow you to see yourself in third person. But yeah, such a plugin is obviously not available on eh server atm! ;-)
Could be fun though, being able to see yourself in thirdperson

Reactions: JUNIOЯ'