New Maps/server for surfing.

Queks

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Oct 2015
I think the recent addiction of new maps was a great idea, especially the tier 4 map surf_overgrowth. :D
This made me think that we should add more higher tier surf maps to our network, either though new servers or changing some of the mix servers we already have. Currently we have two mix server where the maps can change, but they are both running with the same map pool.

I personally would like to see this changed. My idea would be to take the two servers we already have and change the map pool so one of them is a tier 1-2 map server and the other one being a tier 3-4 map server, and then further more adding in a third mix server for people that really want a challenge and making it a tier 5-6 surf server. I know a few of our more competitive surfers would appreciate if this change was made. :)

I found a list of the more popular maps on Reddit where they are all arranged in tiers: https://www.reddit.com/r/sourcesurf/comments/2upd9b/surfing_tier_list_maps/

My second suggestion would be to add an other 24/7 server for a new version of a very popular map, the maps is called surf_kitsune2 and is a newer and a bit higher tier map than the old normal surf_kitsune.
surf_Kitsune2 is a 12-stage tier 3 map with 3 or 4 bonus stages you can do, compared to surf_kitsune witch is a 9-stage tier 2 map i believe. And since this is one of the newer maps i don't think a lot of other server networks have this in their map rotations yet, so it might lure a few more players on our servers.;)

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
I think its a good idea to have the t1-2 mix, 3-4 mix and the 5-6 mix servers because it gives more variety as well as helps people improve their surfing skills by challenging themselves on new maps. Having said that I do believe we keep our most popular 24/7's like Kitsune,beginner, rookie, aircontrol because that's what drives in the most traffic.

Queks

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Oct 2015
Yeah, i don't want to remove any of the current 24/7 servers we have. :)