Normal user to admin chat broken

Loki

16 Apr 2016
There is a feature that should work on the server where when you send a message through team chat with an @ symbol in front of the message it sends a message to admins. This message should only appear to admins as the whole purpose of the system is to allow for a sort of PM service from regular user to admin to say something to the admin without the rest of the server seeing what you say. Unfortunately, this is not how it functions. Yes, it does still send a message to admins, but as you can see from this picture of my chat log f.png it also posts it into the normal chat, something which it should not do. The whole point of this function is to allow for PM's to admins, so please if this can be fixed it would be much appreciated, as what is the point of having a half-working chatToAdmins functionality

Yours faithfully, Loki

Whopper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Apr 2016
Colorado, USA
www.youtube.com
The owner of the servers will probably get this fixed soon because I was talking to him and admins the other day about bugs and maps and they said that he is really busy at the moment but should get stuff fixed later. I can contact a admin that im friends with to see if he can help fix it sooner but in the mean time just add them and private steam msg them.

Loki

16 Apr 2016
Yes of course I am using team chat, which is why I know it sends to admins, but it also sends to the server. When you put @ in front of your message it says in chat "[To Admins]: message" and right under it it says "Loki: @ message"

Edit: That sounds kinda snarky reading that back, my bad, didn't mean it like that lol

Last edited:

Whopper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Apr 2016
Colorado, USA
www.youtube.com
How are you sure that it posts to normal chat because all i see in the chat log is "@test" and not @ an actual admin. I know im not a admin but i just want to make sure im not missing something. Thanks:stuck_out_tongue_wi

Loki

16 Apr 2016
I tested using a secondary account to see if it popped up in normal chat, which it did. I also conferred with admins on the server on multiple occasions (wispy and tokarev) to see if they got it as a "To Admins" message, which they did. You don't have to say for instance "@water Halp meh surf senpai" it should work and send the message to only the admins with only the @ symbol in front of the message when it is written in team chat

h4wkshot

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
26 Nov 2015
Canadia
Yes people have tested this with me before ( Forgot who) and when they post "@ something" it posts them saying "@ something" in the chat as well as it sending just "something" to the admins. I've known about this for awhile but forgot about it. 0.0

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
Loki did you create this post cause of me? lmfao it was kind of funny when it happened lol

Loki

16 Apr 2016
Technically I did it after talking with wispy, but you were part of my tests lol

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
ahh lmfao ok i see, just thought i was involved since this just happened a couple days ago lol

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
a workaround is to go in console and type sm_chat <message here>

it's a bug present due to the plugin and how it handles chats...