Rejoining to avoid playing zombie

TheDude

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
20 Mar 2017
I have been playing on the zombie servers regularly, one think I have noticed what some players do is rejoin when they get killed by a zombie so they can play CTs again. There are many rounds which are lost all because some people don't want to play as zombies. Just recently we had more than 20 zombies vs 6 CTs, a round which could have won by zombies but due to people rejoining we were only left with 6 zombies by the end of the round.
My suggestions:
1: All the players who join the server spawn as zombies until killed by CTs.
2: Players who rejoin specifically spawn as zombies.
3: Have some sort of re-connection cool down.
I am open to new suggestions and would really appreciate if something is done about this issue.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Hello. First of all those that rejoin don't spawn at all, they have to wait for a new round to begin, they will stay dead meanwhile.

For your first suggestion, it is an idea but imagine in a map like cbble if zombies spawn in the middle of a round where humans are hunting then they can get behind them and infect all the hunters which will make them upset.

2. I think it's better that they don't respawn at all.

3. I don't think that's possible to be honest.

TheDude

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
20 Mar 2017
For your first suggestion, it is an idea but imagine in a map like cbble if zombies spawn in the middle of a round where humans are hunting then they can get behind them and infect all the hunters which will make them upset.
That makes sense. I didn't know players don't re-spawn until the next round starts. In that case it is fine them not spawning at all.
Thank you for clarifying it.