[Respawn Zombiemod V1!]

[Should Respawn be removed from V1?]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
Hello guys its me again ;)

Well I want discuss about respawn thing. ive discussed about respawn with players, "most of hunters" my opion respawn is ruining server. players intentionally die when they transform into a zombie, second thing is when they spawn! you get stuck into them or they block you somehow... and when you are a zombie and bunny hopping, spawner block your escape or attempt infect more people. my opion this is true happened me alot.... if theres some way to act for this matter, 1 live would be enough. So i want make vote about this matter yes or no!

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
I voted no and I'd like to explain why. In my opinion the purpose of respawn is to encourage users to stay online for longer periods of time. A user with 2 lives is more inclined to stay on longer, as they will be able to play for a longer duration of the round. If someone dies very early on without respawn they will sit there for 4+ minutes with nothing to do, which decreases the number of users playing as those people will likely leave rather than sit and do nothing for such a period of time. Respawn as a feature in my opinion keeps more people on the servers which is the biggest thing for the servers. As it was said on soph's abuse report a few days ago the "issues" that people face with respawning are a valid part of the gameplay, so I really see no problems with respawns

Zoran

EliteHunterz Clan Member
7 Nov 2016
I voted no and I'd like to explain why. In my opinion the purpose of respawn is to encourage users to stay online for longer periods of time. A user with 2 lives is more inclined to stay on longer, as they will be able to play for a longer duration of the round. If someone dies very early on without respawn they will sit there for 4+ minutes with nothing to do, which decreases the number of users playing as those people will likely leave rather than sit and do nothing for such a period of time. Respawn as a feature in my opinion keeps more people on the servers which is the biggest thing for the servers. As it was said on soph's abuse report a few days ago the "issues" that people face with respawning are a valid part of the gameplay, so I really see no problems with respawns

Well, the right people will die and think about why they died. The other clowns who just let themselves die as zombies just because they know they will respawn can leave.
But as we all know, population sadly counts more than the right people playing.

Reactions: Kiinq.! and Vydx

Randale

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
22 Jun 2010
Lotus i can understand your point there! Maybe its possible to lower the slots to 45-50 (not this 64 fps killer) and put up a 2nd server?!

Niels

4 Nov 2013
Groningen, Netherlands
This is an interesting one, I personally hate the respawn. But with a player limit of 64 it is almost certain inevitable I think.
My suggestion would be to "re-open" the "good old" V5 with a maximum of 32 players, without respawn, with 100 ping limit, good maps only etc.
I hope my reply is a good addition to the forum.
Cheers!

Alca

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
29 Aug 2014
This kind of voting couldn't work in any way for such a big matter. Most of the players aren't logged in the forum and won't. Few peoples opinions couldn't change this kind of matter, which is pretty obvious. As Lotus said, most of the newcomers wouldn't even get interested in the servers if they just got killed in the start of the round noticing they have to wait 4 mins to get back ingame. Most likely they would disconnect after that and never come back. I understand your opinions that it's sometimes pretty annoying, but it's the one of the main reason why the server is still running well.

Reactions: Vydx

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
I understand your point alca, but does that mean that we could not try it out? What we would lost because we can set always respawn back if dosent work. I just want players enjoy playing on server many players complain about this respawn thing. Lets just test it out and see what happens?

Last edited:

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
and when you are a zombie and bunny hopping, spawner block your escape or attempt infect more people. my opion this is true happened me alot....
Happens to me a lot, but an obvious solution for this would be not to get rid of respawn, but instead, to make zombies have no collision with newly respawned players (no block). I wonder why something like this hasn't been implemented already, for something that I assume has been around for almost 2 years (respawn) this ought to be one of the first things on a to-do list to fix bugs and disruptions? It also solves the problem of spawncampers. Double win.

When I started playing again I disliked respawn because it undeniably reduces the skill level of the gamplay, as well as an incentive to stay alive, but it's a reality of the state of the game's popularity and I realize why it must be done, so I adapted to the change and got used to it. Plus I don't think a poll on the forum would make a huge difference, it's all up to Niko anyway.

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
I voted for no.. It's simple, I wasn't fine with it at start but after time I got used to it.. It's pretty boring if I don't spawn back and need to wait for campers who can't kill Zombies with in less minutes.
Also one situation of 100000.. at round start if you Zombie spawn a corner and suddenly 20 CT's surrounded you and simply kill you in about a few seconds, would it be nice to wait around 4 minutes? Meh^^
So yeah, I understand your point, since I didn't like it either but may be suggest some other ideas? This spawn protection for example.. It's actually nice, but could be better. Shooting during spawn protection wasn't okay nor bad.. Just to shoot those who try to block? It could be annoying like it was..But being able to shoot from pistol isn't a bad idea imo! :-D

(Also Idk why but I feel like v3 is waay different and better. Yeah I know I don't play on it, because I don't like to play all weapons..But I feel like airaccelerate and such is different on v3 feels better to shoot Zombies plus its perfect to bhop on it.)

Reactions: Dev1ne

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Lotus i can understand your point there! Maybe its possible to lower the slots to 45-50 (not this 64 fps killer) and put up a 2nd server?!

As far as I remember they did create a Server months agooo... But nobody was playing on it so it was dead and died.

+ nice suggestion

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
I understand your point alca, but does that mean that we could not try it out? What we would lost because we can set always respawn back if dosent work. I just want players enjoy playing on server many players complain about this respawn thing. Lets just test it out and see what happens?

Just gotta reply to this. Why not try it out? Why would we take something that took a dying server to a thriving server away, it would just kill it again and may not get the same traction back when it is implemented again

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
Understand lotus your opion

Last edited:

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
good suggestion vydx, put no block respawners this could be discussed with the admins. This would fix a lot of things and do some sight seeing gambling tolerant. What u guys think should !zstuck command charging time change to 15-20 second?
What u guys think about these ideas leave comment ;)

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
I've no idea what you mean with "do some sight seeing gambling tolerant", but I agree the !zstuck command could last for more than 3 seconds, not more than 10 though that's needlessly excessive.

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
forgive me I misunderstood when I read your idea vydx.

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
but what do you think guys if added to respawners perfect noblock mod, so they do not block people anymore when they respawn. Give your opion about this!