Some ideas on v3 server

Marine

14 Feb 2016
This is just a quick mockup that comes off the top of my mind. I don't know your current plans or goals, so you may discard all of it.
It's based off my experience at other reload zombie infection servers

Take it as a humble suggestion, nothing fancy :D

- Disable M249, autosniper, awp
- If the above can't be fullfilled, then increase zombie hp from 3500 to perhaps 4500
- Increase the time to first infection, to allow for larger maps to be playable (10 seconds would be nice)
- Tied to the above, add some buying time before the round actually starts (4 seconds, as always) to allow for every player to get their setup.
- Add some more cbble like small maps to rotation, they're fun to play even if few players are connected.
- Increase zombie walking speed, just to be a little faster than humans
- Add some eye candy: 3 or 4 different zombie playermodels (would take longer for a first time player to download it all, but the end result is satisfying)

You tell me if these are some realistic goals for these servers!

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
hei, im not admin anymore, but i think i can answer most of these :)

- Disable M249, autosniper, awp
this will not happen, but i personally only agree with the autonoob cuz less campers.
- If the above can't be fullfilled, then increase zombie hp from 3500 to perhaps 4500
might be a good idea, but it must be tested
- Increase the time to first infection, to allow for larger maps to be playable (10 seconds would be nice)
some maps have this, 4way is one of them. i think there might should be a small list of maps that a longer timer might be beneficial. not sure its that many
- Tied to the above, add some buying time before the round actually starts (4 seconds, as always) to allow for every player to get their setup.
if you are talking about freezetime, then HELL NO, that is a bad idea. Players will curse and be impatient as FU, me included :p
- Add some more cbble like small maps to rotation, they're fun to play even if few players are connected.
Then go to v1 if you want that. There is a reason some of us come to v3. And i think we got all the best small maps that is playable on the nominatelist, on v3 :)
- Increase zombie walking speed, just to be a little faster than humans
they are already, only the scout is faster than the knife. And i think players will start cursing if zombies suddenly becomes faster than them. the longknife is frustrating enough already
- Add some eye candy: 3 or 4 different zombie playermodels (would take longer for a first time player to download it all, but the end result is satisfying)
i dont think they will, because they want the download size for ppl to be as small as possible, and player models are usually big in MB's. I personally agree tho, adding 1 small more would be fun(for zm ofc) :)

If any of this is wrong, then any admin can clearify ofcourse :)

Last edited:

Marine

14 Feb 2016
So we can come to the conclusion that the general consensus on this is :

- Disable autosniper
- Increase zombie hp a lil' bit to accomodate m249 (testing required)
- Test and review current first infection timing
- Add perhaps some small sized (less than 2-3 MB) zombie playermodel

So we have grounds for some improvement right here don't we?

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
To be clear: i just responded the way i think the answers you will get will be. Again i am not admin and dont have any say in this matter. And my personal opinions are ONLY my personal view of things.
you have to wait for current admins to respond for 100% true answers to your input :)

Last edited:

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Hello and thank you for sharing your suggestions.

The things i personally consider to be worth testing/changing are increasing zombie hp and infection timer for particular maps.

The reasons for declining the other suggestions are:

I like to play with the AWP and it's one of my reasons to join V3. M249 is not op and fits perfectly for the zombie apocalypse gameplay and an all-weapon-server. And autosniper hits can be avoided most times. At least, it doesn't bother me too much.
Increasing freezetime is a nogo since i'm done with buying my equipment after 1 second (thanks to shortcuts) and most players would lose their patience ^^
New maps and map suggestions are constantly checked and added (see map thread).
Zombie speed is fine. Otherwise i wouldn't be able to run away from the zombies chasing me .P
New zombie models have been disapproved by the community itself (different hitboxes, hunting becomes different). We are only "allowed" to add human skins. But since we are interested in a connection time as low as possible and most high quality models have a big file size, we haven't added more models then the current ones.

This is my personal opinion. Feel free to post your thoughts!

Reactions: Nikooo777