suggestion for improvement (admin-attitude)

Tim

12 Apr 2011
I've been playing on EH-Zombieservers for several months now and have to say: Well done guys, great maps, not too laggy and (apart from some retards spaming swearwords) nice gamers. Good job, but there is one downer: Sometimes admins abuse their rights and show some rude, disposal behaviour against players. That tends to result in irritation and annoyance on players side and damages the popularity of EliteHunterz in the long term; I love playing on your zombie-servers, but not badly I once did. I don't want vehement actions, but there is a problem concerning your fans and players ans probably you should talk about it, fiy it and act more professional in the future. How to try to arrange some clan-policy concerning the use of admin-rights? You can do better guys, I know that! ;)

To be more precise concerning this problem: You should probably talk to maLte by name. There have been some really rude expressions in the chat (racial and offending) but instead to do something he slap-spammed and kicked playes (not me) for high rates (~120) or blocking (at least in my case I can say undeserved). He does this without any warning in the chat, almost arbitrarily and sometimes accompanied by swearwords. That's, for a professional clan-server, unacceptable; as think about it, apparently it is, but it damages your reputation and the climate on the server.

As I told you bevore, I don't want any vehement actions and I don't want to get someone in trouble! But sometimes someone should think about his behaviour against others and if that person is unable or unwilling to change his attitude (not everyone is applicable(!) for an admin-post; some people can't handle responsibility, even if that mean's being unsuitable for an server-admin-post) someone more capable should do the job. Just talk about it and try to find some common-sense admin-rules to inhibit right-abuse. I'm sure you can make it. :)

Tank you,
Tim

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover
Hey Tim !

We always like feedback and critics, even if they are negative.. They help to improve ourselves and our server !

I will lead this forward to the leaders and they will have a little talk with the admin in talk.

Phanty

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
hello dear tim,
thanks for reporting your opinions about the server and your thoughs!
since i am not that active ingame anymore i cannot solve those issues myself alone, i'll need the input of marbengie and koboldmaki.

i mostly agree at one of your points which is more professionality, we indeed need more of it, as community it's important to be seen as professional people if we want to be taken seriously.

ence i ask and will enforce more fairness ingame and on the forum. also for the bans, we are already asking every admin to handle things more professionally and to ban less.

about the member malte, i let other HeadAdmins handle this.

have a nice day and don't hesitate to report any other issues you may notice!

Damage

18 Feb 2011
I agree that I do talk a lot in a way, some may find rude. But I always do it with people I know, who actually is going along with the jokes with me. So don't worry. and If someone doesn't like it, really just say it in the server :) The guests always come first, and i respect that. I don't really know anyone who hates me on our servers, and if they do. Just say it. Thanks for your compliments, and coming here and telling what we could improve. That's exactly what we need people to do :)

Greetings Damage

Malte

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
4 Dec 2010
lol racial offending? i'm not a racist, and i didnt say something about other guys or countries. I guess sometimes i do a slap-spam, but only with the eh-members cause, we are joking on eachother. And i just kicked blockers, doorclosers, laggers and somebody who insults another player hardcore, and btw i warned them with the kicks...So i dont know why you're talking such things about me.

Tim

12 Apr 2011
Thank you guys, I appreciate that attitude! :)

MaLte.! said:
lol racial offending? i'm not a racist, and i didnt say something about other guys or countries.
Actually I've never claimed something like that. My point point of critique questioned you slapping and kicking players for "high rates" and blocking, ignoring others flaming racial swearwords in the chat. In my oppinion it's characteristic for a good admin not to be mentioned when it isn't necessary and to come into action if there is a real problem.

For example: Many players have up- and downturns at their rates, probably when someone else is downloading something via the same internet-connection or his computer has just started an update. -> No admin-action necessary, writing "[player], please fix your rates" should be enougth. On 40 to 65 - slot-servers it might happen that someone blocks someone else without purpose. -> Again, no admin-action necessary. And if it's obvious that a player blocks on purpose, just write: "[player], please stop blocking, otherwise kick." If you want to ban someone for 24h you might do so if someone cheats oder writes forbidden stuff (racial or sexual offending) in the chat; In that case it's necessary. Slap-spaming never is, teleporting only when someone is stuck and asks for your help.

Well, that would be some kind of start for an admin-policy I guess. Please think about it, I'm sure it might raise the quality of your servers.

Thanks again and good luck,
Tim

Malte

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
4 Dec 2010
lol...if there are someone, who needs help like a teleport, of course i tele them (if i'm not busy atm). and i just do a slap-spam with eh members 2. time that i wrote this...ehm and if there are someone, who is lagging the whole time, and i kicked him 2 times ( kick [Player] fix your rates or ping pls ) and he didnt do anything, so i'm gonna to ban him just for 1 hour. and maybe you forgot that the admins are normal players too, we just wanna play like you without problems like insulting or something.

Tim

12 Apr 2011
Well, I guess I've pointed out the mistakes and told you how to do it better. I still hope there will be some kind of admin-policy to raise the standard on EliteHunterz-Servers again. Good luck mates, most of you are doing a good job!

It is kind of significant that the other server-admins welcome constructive critique while that one, actually doing a bad job, denys it without any deeper understanding or courtesy. Malte, everything you say is "lol" and "I've done everything all right". Probably that makes you feel better, but it doesn't make you better. That's a fault in charakter. Good luck, lad, and always remember: The day you don't try to overcome yourself, you stay behind your opportunities.

Greetings,
Tim

Damage

18 Feb 2011
I like this guy. But yes Tim, we will try to do everything to please our visitors, which I assume includes you. I'm gonna stay out of the trouble with Malte, as Im just a regular member of the clan. But I myself, will try to improve my jokes in-game, and turn them out to steam. Once again, thanks for your critique.