(SUGGESTION) Remove These 2 Guns from V3

Should M249 and AutoSniper Remove from V3 Server?

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

WPL

30 Oct 2018
Hi,

Hope you are fine:)

I think you should remove these two guns from V3 server.
There are camping places too much! hat do you this about that?

i

1954_2.jpg

WPL

30 Oct 2018
If you choose "no", please tell the reason?

You're already camping… Why no?

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
Hello, It's fine that you make a vote so we can see what people think and whether the players would prefer that the guns are removed or not.

I voted no simply because the server has always been the way it is now with all weapons allowed, i wouldn't want to change that and perhaps lose players as well.

If you want to be free from auto-snipers and machine guns you can play on v1 where we only allow pistols, shotguns and SMG's.

Reactions: WPL

WPL

30 Oct 2018
Hello, It's fine that you make a vote so we can see what people think and whether the players would prefer that the guns are removed or not.

I voted no simply because the server has always been the way it is now with all weapons allowed, i wouldn't want to change that and perhaps lose players as well.

If you want to be free from auto-snipers and machine guns you can play on v1 where we only allow pistols, shotguns and SMG's.

Thank you for the response @Havoc I really appreciate it!
Map score of someone was 250 half minutes ago in the canal map. No way to enjoy... And he didn't walk or didn't run. He was waiting only with auto-sniper :(

I saw @NoMatt3r yesterday. He joined the game (V3) and left within 5 minus yesterday night.

V3 is consist of camper maps + camper players + camper guns now.

My idea is that,
V1 will be same (Hunting maps + Hunters)
V3 will be include camping maps + mixed players without auto-sniper.

They can still camp with another guns in V3. I said that because there are no much people on V1 usually...

Last edited:
Reactions: Docta

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
As much as i would love to see the autosnipe removed, you can't remove it as players on V3 love using it. I abhor the weapon with an absolute passion to the point i don't even want to play some maps but folk love it cos it empowers shite players.

p3TUuFV.jpg

That is just ridiculous, it feels pointless to even fire a shot on these maps unless you are using an autosnipe (which i won't use). On another note, this is a good reason why V3 point system shouldn't be rewarded more, some maps it is literally just farming afk players over and over.

1nfomercial

Donator
24 Nov 2014
I've been around for a lot of years. It feels that CT's win way more rounds than they used to.
IDK if it's due to their gun improvements and/or the CT sided maps. There are just maps where ZM's can never win.
It's unfortunate and takes away the will to actually hunt as a ZM. Sometimes I rather stay afk as ZM instead of giving it a try at all to hunt. Others think alive and also stay afk.

Reactions: Dataworm

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
It is for sure the ct sided maps. On V3 there have been too much ct sided maps the last months like 16chambers, clouds and others. I also leave the server often within a few mins or don't even join the server cause there are usually just maps where humans are camping and zombies usually don't have a chance to win the round.

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Please take in mind if you are planning on nerfing any of the weapons/maps mentioned above that a decent amount of the playerbase on V3 actually enjoy that specific playstyle and is part of keeping the server full due to the most "campy" maps often being the maps that attract a lot of players (Which then leads to more players filling up V1 (Not to forget V1 have had some problems with its player count.) meanwhile they are waiting for an open spot etc.). I wouldn't be too against reducing points rewarded for kills as I do agree the autos are a bit too OP, but I wouldn't go as far as reducing damage delievered or ammo included as it would ruin a part of the "meta" that has been built up over the years (afaik there hasn't been any other huge nerfs to any other weapons.) as well as there has always been a certain disapproval against any major changes in the community such as the "english/german only"-paradox(?) in fear of losing a part of our german speaking community unless we were to allow other languages or change it to english-only. Another example or comparison/setting taken a bit to the extreme maybe would be taking the weapon with most kills on V1 (TMP or M3?) and nerfing it in form of reducing the damage by something like 25% / 30% or the simillar in points and then try to image all the discontent from the players created due to a major change in the gameplay which would most likely result with a dip in playercount. I think most players are open for some change, but please don't kill the servers. Or did you think of some other kind of nerf which I have yet to think of?

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
I don't want to say much about it cos i feel like i am complaining when i give feedback (not intending to). Plus V3 is always full so it must be doing something well to keep the numbers high and i can't blame the staff for not wanting to change it, it's not broken so don't try and fix it kind of thing. As long as it stays busy then it's a win.

I don't think a weapon nerf would do a lot, the problem in a map like Kapras is the map design, you have 3 high camp spots and almost every ct goes there, those 3 spots look on the spawn and allow all the ct to intersect their fire on there. Zombies spawn and get smashed into a corner cos there is no way out, it's extreme spawn camping and just unbalanced map design. Like Paw said though, people seem to like that. Little Italy is similar; high camp spots looking on the spawn but at least there is some ways out there.

16 chambers is a fun map but the reason ct rarely win is due to the amount of rooms there are, almost every room is conquerable (elevator exploit room aside) on their own but there just isn't enough time to get through all the rooms. Palace is an example of a good map, there are enough exits to bhop/run out of spawn and the firing angles are shallow to make it easier to get speed and not pin you down too often. Either way i will still play, i can just avoid maps that i don't like.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Weapons aint the problem of CTs winning every round. Unbalanced maps like 16_chambers or kapras are much more of a problem. But v3 players both love these weapons and camping, so why would we touch it? v3 is currently by far our most popular server, so again: Why would we touch it? How many players will we lose if we remove either those popular weapons or those popular (unbalanced) maps (well at least chambers is very popular)?

Moreover auto sniper is the first weapon mastered by new players, the first weapon those guys are able to score anything. Removing it will mean killing the server in medium terms.

Anybody who wants to play without auto sniper is welcomed to join v1 - different weapons, different playstyle.

I will put in my veto to any attempt to remove or buff this weapons, although I am not using auto sniper since 2013.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
I for once like the autosniper haha, when im bored of v1 i sometimes join v3 just to have some fun with it and teach other people how to use it and i do think if we touch the weapons on the server it will have an bad effect leading to lower play count.

And i agree with easy saying why would we touch the server if it's working great so far )) The maps i can agree with such as Canals, i never play that map because its so small and to open people just sit in the middle part or on the roofs spraying down on the Zombies and its kinda impossible for the zombies if they don't get a good zombie spawn on top of the roof, however the map isn't unbalanced but i would still remove that map or at least finding a replacement.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I think reducing the points given for para and auto sniper could be a fair solution. It might be more fair to players with skill who actually care about stats so maybe some of the skilled players might stop using such weapons just to boost their stats. However noobs who are not so good with other weapons or whoever else wishes to use such weapons is still free to do so but might not farm that much points this way. I guess such a change wouldn't really harm the server while restricting those weapons or similar could indeed do a lot of damage to the server.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
@SOUR xD actually canals is (next to neko) my fav v3 map xD (and the only one I sometimes consider to use auto sniper)

@Dataworm: yes, giving less points might be a compromise

WPL

30 Oct 2018
If you remove auto-sniper from the V3, all players will be equal. This won't kill the server. Because most of people don't prefer to use auto-sniper. They are mostly using M249.
When I was playing on V1 first time, it was full. (8-10 months ago.) Then, noobs went to the V3.

So If you remove auto-sniper from V3, these noobs won't prefer to play on V3 only. They will be shared on V1 and V3. And will learn hunting. Althought your server name is elite-hunterz and this server is based on hunting, They can still camp with other guns.

Being of this community is for making money? No! So why do you allow people for camping maps+camping guns+camping players? Just remove the only auto-sniper as camping gun. They can continue to use other camping guns (sniper or M249).

As I said before,

V1 = hunting maps + hunters
V3 = camping guns + camping maps + camper players + camper admins (like @easy)

@easy if you want to use auto-sniper, you can use it with bots on the dust map :)

USA

7 Dec 2018
If you choose "no", please tell the reason?

You're already camping… Why no?
I am against the restriction of any weapons on the server. In my experience of playing CSS on regular servers, I was very upset because Most developers give the player full money when they start, and limit the AWP to 1-2 for the whole team, and even removes such weapons as an auto-sniper and a machine gun.
Why not make it like on servers 1.6, there is not enough money at the start, in order to buy cool weapons, you first need to earn money on it, besides there is a risk of losing it after death, this creates the perfect balance and motivation for making money.
If you are very upset by the presence of such weapons, then you can support my theme with the suggestion to add ammo packs (game currency on zombie servers), for which players for example will be able to buy "Access to strong weapons", such as auto-sniper, machine gun, for all round's game before changing the card.
https://forum.elite-hunterz.com/threads/ammo-pack.10305/

Once I had a failure in the game and I could not see the server in the favorites list, I had to search for this server through the general list of servers, it so coincided that v3 was unavailable at that time and I accidentally hit the v1 server, I was unpleasantly surprised I can not buy my favorite weapon, I can not get a resurrection, I thought that the administrators just temporarily restricted using the command for a variety of games, but then they explained to me in a chat that the server v3 is temporarily unavailable.
You are right, you should not prohibit and restrict damage on weapons on v3, at the moment this is all balanced.

It is for sure the ct sided maps. On V3 there have been too much ct sided maps the last months like 16chambers, clouds and others. I also leave the server often within a few mins or don't even join the server cause there are usually just maps where humans are camping and zombies usually don't have a chance to win the round.
Map 16cham is my favorite, and believe me the zombies on it always have a chance to win. If we talk about complexity, then for a zombie a 4way card will be much more difficult according to my observations.
But I think that zombies need to add several thousand hp, because there are situations that I play as a zombie side, you almost destroyed the barricades and got to the survivors, there are a couple of movements and you can give an infection to the survivor, as you are killed right there, it's sad.
So much work has been done, so much effort and all for nothing.
According to my observation, I can say that zombies are not motivated to attack survivors, I often see a situation when zombies just stand and wait for him to be killed or at all running around the map where there are no survivors.
They can be motivated by earning ammopacks, but for some reason my proposal did not arouse interest among members of the forum.

as well as there has always been a certain disapproval against any major changes in the community such as the "english/german only"-paradox(?) in fear of losing a part of our german speaking community unless we were to allow other languages or change it to english-only.
German language should not be forbidden, players rarely write in German, and they do not interfere with anyone, let them communicate.

If you remove auto-sniper from the V3, all players will be equal. This won't kill the server. Because most of people don't prefer to use auto-sniper. They are mostly using M249.
When I was playing on V1 first time, it was full. (8-10 months ago.) Then, noobs went to the V3.

So If you remove auto-sniper from V3, these noobs won't prefer to play on V3 only. They will be shared on V1 and V3. And will learn hunting. Althought your server name is elite-hunterz and this server is based on hunting, They can still camp with other guns.
You want to limit the weapons on the v3 server on which I play, so that new players from my server go to play on your v1 server to raise online, this is bad my friend.
There are no guarantees that these newest players will switch to v1, they can even leave the elite-hunters servers, in the end I lose online and you don’t get promoted online.
I do not use auto-sniper when I play as a zombie, auto-sniper players no angry me.
You better come up with an interesting idea with new features that administrators will add to the v1 server, and then you may receive new players and get online, act not in the direction of restrictions but in the direction of development, it will be good.

klimbo

11 Feb 2019
Please take in mind if you are planning on nerfing any of the weapons/maps mentioned above that a decent amount of the playerbase on V3 actually enjoy that specific playstyle and is part of keeping the server full due to the most "campy" maps often being the maps that attract a lot of players (Which then leads to more players filling up V1 (Not to forget V1 have had some problems with its player count.) meanwhile they are waiting for an open spot etc.). I wouldn't be too against reducing points rewarded for kills as I do agree the autos are a bit too OP, but I wouldn't go as far as reducing damage delievered or ammo included as it would ruin a part of the "meta" that has been built up over the years (afaik there hasn't been any other huge nerfs to any other weapons.) as well as there has always been a certain disapproval against any major changes in the community such as the "english/german only"-paradox(?) in fear of losing a part of our german speaking community unless we were to allow other languages or change it to english-only. Another example or comparison/setting taken a bit to the extreme maybe would be taking the weapon with most kills on V1 (TMP or M3?) and nerfing it in form of reducing the damage by something like 25% / 30% or the simillar in points and then try to image all the discontent from the players created due to a major change in the gameplay which would most likely result with a dip in playercount. I think most players are open for some change, but please don't kill the servers. Or did you think of some other kind of nerf which I have yet to think of?
a very good tip thank you very much

klimbo

11 Feb 2019

Being of this community is for making money? No! So why do you allow people for camping maps+camping guns+camping players? Just remove the only auto-sniper as camping gun. They can continue to use other camping guns Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate (sniper or M249).

As I said before,

V1 = hunting maps + hunters
V3 = camping guns + camping maps + camper players + camper admins (like @easy)

@easy if you want to use auto-sniper, you can use it with bots on the dust map :)
you are said all things i think
thanks for all this explications