[online] zm_origin_v4

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
This map is also quite broken I think. I usually dont play this map so I can't say so much about it, but I fear there might be a lot of places that need a fix. With a ratio of almost 6, this map is in general not so great for the server...

Here at least one op spot that needs to be fixed. Surely some other players can extend the list for me! ;-)

1664377575392.png

• Wow
Reactions: BongCheck and easy

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Agreed. Didnt have time yet to check it in detail but this spot is unfair.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
Fixed.

• There were 2 additional Buy Zones at the Spawns which didn't support the T team, they are now fixed.
  • Blocked Props from entering to few more additional Camps spots which had potential to bug the spot.
  • Disabled HDR, IMO it looks much better without one.

Attachments

• zm_eh_origin.bsp
    10.5 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Reactions: easy

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
Fixed a bug where EH advertisements did not showed on the walls.

Attachments

• zm_eh_origin_v1.bsp
    12.2 MB · Views: 108

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
Is this map fixed yet? If this is the case,how come it is not on the nomination list?

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Any other admins who have played this map recently please feel free to also share your thoughts or add to my own.

This is a map I'd really like to like, but I feel like it has no place on the normal nomination list without massive overhauls. I think one of its biggest problems is that too many spots either require zombie coordination or simply too many jumps to reach. When there are too many spots that require a lot of effort by T's to reach or require coordination from a larger group of T's, altogether it makes very difficult spots for T's to access and easy spots for small groups of campers to hold.

On top of a large majority of spots falling into those 2 categories described above, there are also spots like these 2 which were far too easy for only 4 or 5 CTs to hold. I'm really not sure how T's are supposed to access those rafters if enough people are there with autosnipers and m249s.
1679754785496.png

And I suppose the cades are at least in movable positions now but they can still be stacked in front on the spot so I'm not sure how much better that really is in terms of getting to players camping in there. It's at least possible to get at players there I'd assume but still probably overly difficult to do so.
1679755184875.png

Also a lighting issue here, the small room should have lighting in it
1679754750354.png

I'll leave the map on the special map list for now, but I think there is far too much going on in this map that makes it overly CT sided. Without massive changes, I don't see this being suitable for normal play.

For anyone who has played this version of the map recently (or origin_v4 as there aren't many major differences), I'd love to hear some feedback of your own thoughts on the map and/or my input here.

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
Regarding the first spot,I don't think it needs any adjustments at all,zombies can either climb up the boxes,jump from the opposite spot or runboost from the backside on top of the blue container to reach it,so I would not say it's unbalanced(since there are 3 ways to get to it).

Regarding spot number two,I remember it being an earlier issue and pretty sure it has been fixed and you can no longer have props going in under the crates,they are tp'd out as soon as you try shooting them inside.If that is not the case,then it 100% is still an issue.

As for spot number three,the few times I have seen a human try to hold in there,he usually gets overwhelmed as there is not enough room for a second prop to fit in there,therefore making the spot easily accessible by zombies.No need for it to be changed.

Reactions: Lotus

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Regarding the first spot,I don't think it needs any adjustments at all,zombies can either climb up the boxes,jump from the opposite spot or runboost from the backside on top of the blue container to reach it,so I would not say it's unbalanced(since there are 3 ways to get to it).

Regarding spot number two,I remember it being an earlier issue and pretty sure it has been fixed and you can no longer have props going in under the crates,they are tp'd out as soon as you try shooting them inside.If that is not the case,then it 100% is still an issue.

As for spot number three,the few times I have seen a human try to hold in there,he usually gets overwhelmed as there is not enough room for a second prop to fit in there,therefore making the spot easily accessible by zombies.No need for it to be changed.
From watching the map be played, the boxes simply require too many jumps for a T to really ever even make it to the top of the stack if enough CTs make it to the spot. If they can jump there from the fence on the other spot, that still requires clearing a spot that by itself is pretty difficult to clear, and as a T you're trying to clear that secondary spot while being fired at by people in that spot and also people up on the rafter spot. Even if you do manage to clear it and can start trying to jump from the fence, you're ending up in the same spot as the stack of boxes which again looks way too easy to fight back against as CTs. That leaves runboosting as the most "viable" option, but if the only other way to break a spot is with a runboost, I don't think that's great map design, it's just another spot that requires quite a bit of coordination from the T side, and even if they can coordinate, they have to manage to do a runboost in a wide open space, and could also be getting attacked from multiple angles because one of the many spots on the map that requires T coordination to potentially break the spot is in the corner behind where I took that screenshot. If one of the other ways to get to the spot is to break another strong camping spot (and end up in the same spot as the first/normal way to the spot) or perform a wide open runboost, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say there are three access points to the spot.

For the second point, cade's can't go directly into the spot anymore, but they can be brought right up to the entrance which to me still poses a bit of a problem to open up the spot and then get at players camping within.

Third one, not suggesting a change, just that between the older version of the map and this latest version, the lighting in that room is broken

BongCheck

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
20 Mar 2012
Ontario, Mississauga
From watching the map be played, the boxes simply require too many jumps for a T to really ever even make it to the top of the stack if enough CTs make it to the spot. If they can jump there from the fence on the other spot, that still requires clearing a spot that by itself is pretty difficult to clear, and as a T you're trying to clear that secondary spot while being fired at by people in that spot and also people up on the rafter spot. Even if you do manage to clear it and can start trying to jump from the fence, you're ending up in the same spot as the stack of boxes which again looks way too easy to fight back against as CTs. That leaves runboosting as the most "viable" option, but if the only other way to break a spot is with a runboost, I don't think that's great map design, it's just another spot that requires quite a bit of coordination from the T side, and even if they can coordinate, they have to manage to do a runboost in a wide open space, and could also be getting attacked from multiple angles because one of the many spots on the map that requires T coordination to potentially break the spot is in the corner behind where I took that screenshot. If one of the other ways to get to the spot is to break another strong camping spot (and end up in the same spot as the first/normal way to the spot) or perform a wide open runboost, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say there are three access points to the spot.

For the second point, cade's can't go directly into the spot anymore, but they can be brought right up to the entrance which to me still poses a bit of a problem to open up the spot and then get at players camping within.

Third one, not suggesting a change, just that between the older version of the map and this latest version, the lighting in that room is broken
In my opinion, I did think the 1st spot was a bit unfair when I first saw it awhile ago. Although, that being said, I haven't seen it be abused while being on the map. Definitely could have missed the viewing though.
- If it does become a huge problem with lots of CTs camping it. You could extend the platform and add a ladder on the opposite side to make it more spicy... just a suggestion though.

For the 2nd spot, I see your point where it could cause an issue with opening up the spot, but I believe the majority of zombies are aware that you can jump on top of the vending machines holding "E" and send the vending machine flying out. I personally don't think it's an issue anymore, but that is just my view on it :)

Lastly, the 3rd spot. I agree with you Lotus, it deserves better lighting, whether it's a light on the outside shining through the doorway of room or a light on the inside of the room.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrFiction and Lotus

svetoi

13 Dec 2018
Remove railings. then CT will not be able to stand on the edge

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
In my opinion, I did think the 1st spot was a bit unfair when I first saw it awhile ago. Although, that being said, I haven't seen it be abused while being on the map. Definitely could have missed the viewing though.
- If it does become a huge problem with lots of CTs camping it. You could extend the platform and add a ladder on the opposite side to make it more spicy... just a suggestion though.

For the 2nd spot, I see your point where it could cause an issue with opening up the spot, but I believe the majority of zombies are aware that you can jump on top of the vending machines holding "E" and send the vending machine flying out. I personally don't think it's an issue anymore, but that is just my view on it :)

Lastly, the 3rd spot. I agree with you Lotus, it deserves better lighting, whether it's a light on the outside shining through the doorway of room or a light on the inside of the room.
For the 2nd spot, it's fixed, as Soup said, zombies just need to press "E" to push the cade.

I added a new way for the zombie (Check video to understand the new way).

ORIGIN TEST VIDEO DEMO
It can be tricky if a large number of zombies jump at the same time, if a zombie is already present on the small new platform, and others try to access it, they will be blocked by the zombie in question, however, this last one who jumps behind to a bind "!zstuck" and that he crosses the zombie, the chance remains high that while jumping he is blocked by the one who is already on the platform.

It can be interesting and can sometimes give a chance to the zombies being on the blue container to do a runboost, because the latter, concerned about the zombies trying to jump, will undoubtedly lower their guard against the zombies on the blue container.

It's all about organization.

The light has also been fixed.
I don't know if it's important, if it's useless or not.
Tell me, I can try others thing.

Do'Jor'F.

bsp:

Attachments

• zm_eh_origin_v2_fix.bsp
    14.4 MB · Views: 71
  • zm_eh_origin_v2_fix.bsp
    14.4 MB · Views: 63
  • Love
Reactions: BongCheck and Lotus

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Thanks mate @DrFiction, I'll check it out and get it onto the server soon to see how that affects that one spot. I'm still a little concerned overall with the number of spots that probably require organization from the T side, but to properly measure that the map probably needs to be played a good number of times. We'll see how your change plays out and if anything else needs to be done :)

PS: The lighting wasn't really a big deal, I just know in older versions of the map that room was lit, so it bugged me :p

Reactions: DrFiction

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
Thanks mate @DrFiction, I'll check it out and get it onto the server soon to see how that affects that one spot. I'm still a little concerned overall with the number of spots that probably require organization from the T side, but to properly measure that the map probably needs to be played a good number of times. We'll see how your change plays out and if anything else needs to be done :)

PS: The lighting wasn't really a big deal, I just know in older versions of the map that room was lit, so it bugged me :p
Glad to hear that, I also share your words, but I think it's better to do it step by step, if necessary, so I would do some editing to fix everything ;)

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Since I posted it to the wrong thread earlier, just want to post it here so that there isn't any confusion. Lighting in this little area of the map seems to have broken in the latest fix, when that's all good I'll update the map version on the special map list for further testing

1679870353225.png

Reactions: DrFiction

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
Since I posted it to the wrong thread earlier, just want to post it here so that there isn't any confusion. Lighting in this little area of the map seems to have broken in the latest fix, when that's all good I'll update the map version on the special map list for further testing

View attachment 16191
Every lights has been fixed ;)

bsp :

Attachments

• zm_eh_origin_v3_fix.bsp
    14.4 MB · Views: 73