The lack of attention given by admins.

eXor

24 Jun 2012
Oslo, Norway
I've been playing a couple of hours every day on the EH servers lately, and I've fallen in love with the different servers. They're beautiful set up, and with the co-operation of players and admins it's become the most fun server that I can play on, however - I'd like to create this feedback so that the EH servers can be improved even more than it is today, thus making it possible to reach new, higher heights.

Some of the admins on the server are terrible - I'll be too kind if I call them terrible and too mean if I call them grotesque, but they're somewhere between there. I know that it is fun to be an admin and have higher power than the players - it makes you feel more important, more respected, and more valued, but the amount of admin abuse, and the amount of lack of attention the admins might give unless the case directly affects them is ridicilous.

I'm not going to name any admins, because although I've been given a bad image of a few of the servers admins - there is a reason they are permanent admins - so I've decided to give most of them the benefit of doubt, but a few examples I can give from my own playing is:

* Admin x slays the player because the player threw a grenade at the zombies - and the force of the grenade pushed the zombie to the admin, thus killing the admin.

* Admin x is a zombie, and there is a tree camper on cbble_b3. The admin then teleports the player to himself and kills him, rather than slapping, or slaying the player.

* Admin x is always saving a location, and teleporting other zombies there so he can bunnyjump from their head and get more kills. If the player keeps on moving after a few teleports - the player gets frozen so the admin can do as he wishes.

* Admin x doesn't care about players cursing at each other, but at once as one of the players insults the admin he gets banned.

* Map time changed to infinite, and it takes over a hour and half before there is another vote.

and the reason why I decided to create this thread is because this next event started boiling my blood:

* I'm giving several messages to three admins that there are several rule breakers on the V3 server, and it took up to ten minutes before one of them answered, and even more before the admin came to the server to observe - the others just kept on ignoring me, even though I named their names several times, because obviously, getting kills for yourself is more important than punishing rule breakers.

Now I'm not saying that the admins should be supermen, that'll take care of everything <--- they, just like us are only humans. The few are examples I can remember in detail, but the amount of abusing, and not giving a flying chicken unless it involves the admin itself is insane. There are of course several admins whom I respect for doing their job, they're enjoying the game, and doing as much as they can. I'm not expecting the admins to be able to do everything, and punish everyone, but I'm begging you, the creators and leaders of the EH servers - have a chat with some of your admins - because the server is only as good as the players playing the server - and I'm starting to loose interest because I can't be bothered to make demo's for rulebreakers when there are admins present, that should do the job they became admins for.

TLDR: I'm complaining, and trying to give some feedback. Becoming an admin gives you more responsibility than the average Joe. There are too many admins that only use these powers to benefit themselves, and I honestly believe that the admins should pay more attention on the players. The fact that EH is as popular as it is removes the fear of this server losing it's members, but to achieve even greater heights it's essential that the admins care about other players.

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
Some of this is actually abuse, if you could name names I think it would be better so they could explain their actions.

eXor

24 Jun 2012
Oslo, Norway
I could name all of the admins I've used to the given examples, and these are only a few. I've never recorded it with a demo, but I've more than often called them out on it - so the chatlog system will surely show that the incident really did happen.

The Viper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Dec 2011
Norway, Oslo
I have an extremely big doubt about that admins use !saveloc to get extra kills. Some use it to watch the doors on 4way and some decide to give rulebreakers a second chance by teleporting some rule breakers. Also we have been told that we shouldn't ban everybody for a simple "oh fuck you" all the time we see people say it. But if there's really offensive players who just intend to insult/hurt someone's feelings/being a douche, They get punished :).

Still if you spot somebody who act in a way they shouldn't, don't forget to help the community with ban requests.

Cheers :)

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hello and thank you for your feedback.
Actually i am in the army so i cannot handle this, it would be just great if admins would take notice of this and therefore act.
Certainly will try when able to handle that. If another HA is free and wants to do this, please do.
Greetings Niko.

eXor

24 Jun 2012
Oslo, Norway
I have an extremely big doubt about that admins use !saveloc to get extra kills. Some use it to watch the doors on 4way and some decide to give rulebreakers a second chance by teleporting some rule breakers. Also we have been told that we shouldn't ban everybody for a simple "oh fuck you" all the time we see people say it. But if there's really offensive players who just intend to insult/hurt someone's feelings/being a douche, They get punished :).

Still if you spot somebody who act in a way they shouldn't, don't forget to help the community with ban requests.

Cheers :)

You're right. Several admins do use the !saveloc for teleporting stuck players, and to teleport others when needed, however I have myself several times been teleported by admin x so he can jump on my head to gain boost to bunny jump. I've been spectating him, and noticed that he does it with others aswell. And for the cursing; I agree with you. I don't think that someone should be banned for minor cursing - because then I'd long be gone and banned from this server, haha, but there is a line which is often crossed, and I've several times thought to myself "If I posted this on the forums, player X will get banned, but how come the admin does nothing right now?"

Hello and thank you for your feedback.
Actually i am in the army so i cannot handle this, it would be just great if admins would take notice of this and therefore act.
Certainly will try when able to handle that. If another HA is free and wants to do this, please do.
Greetings Niko.

Hey! No problem at all! I'm sure that the head admins have some sort of system that saves the admin logs, and what they do with their power? Because truth be told; I've not made a single demo. I've not bothered with that. I haven't made this thread to flame a certain admin,but rather that this problem gets highlighted so that these issues can be fixed.

I'm always avaliable on the forums if there are any questions.

Last edited:

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
As I said, what you are describing in some cases is abuse, you should report them so they can at least get a warning.

One thing you need to understand is that admins like to play the game as well, we don't join the server just to hand out bans. We also don't have eyes everywhere and can't see every little thing that goes on. I know you mentioned this in your original post but I'm highlighting it.

As mentioned previously, if you really have a problem then record a demo and report it on these forums, otherwise there is very little we can do with vague details and no valid evidence apart from your word.

eXor

24 Jun 2012
Oslo, Norway
Of course! I apologize if you got me wrong, but mostly the admins on EH are terrific! They listen to the players, and they're fun to chat and play with! Sadly, with power comes temptation to use it for your own good, and I've experienced that there are a few admins that often do that. I'm not expecting the admins to always be on the lookout to ban others because then there would be no fun playing, and they're players just like myself who enjoy the servers, but being an admin gives you more responsibility than the average player.

I have not recorded a single demo for the statements I've given, however I have chat logs that clearly shows me calling out the admin for their action, and their response. And I'd like to mention again that I'm not creating this thread to make enemies with the admins on this server, and most of the admins are doing a great job, but I posted this in the feedback section so that there can be made a few improvements that'll increase the overall gameplay for many.

M

Marbengie

by reporting admins which abuse their rights you support and improve the server quality
we have rules and one of them is "dont use the admin rights for your advantage in any way!"
we need the names to fix this issue

Last edited by a moderator:

eXor

24 Jun 2012
Oslo, Norway
Just had a chat with Deanburger and gave him the name of the main admin abuser I've witnessed. There are two more, but those are minor abuses really. I have to admit; I'm really amazed about how much the admins are caring to improve this, and this really makes me want to play even more on EH, seeing that the community is put on first priority. Thanks for the response thus far!

got blunt

BANNED
3 Feb 2012
Arnhem,Holland
as i said im not the only one with this complaining about admin.....
i dont know this guy Exor but mad respect you just took my words out of my mouth.
look original post of mine just putt that in the wrong thread ;P any way what i was saying was no BS @ all
hope some of you head admins do something about this admin abuses.. im not gonna call names SIGH

SILVER SURFER=the worst admin of them all.... Slays when ever he feels to !savelocs when ever he needs boost etc etc etc etc
and yes he and Barra are both low skilled hacker, 15 euro x22 radar hacks.. any way im gonna record your hacking skils and put this on forum so you will get perm bann before you get vacced..

eXor

24 Jun 2012
Oslo, Norway
as i said im not the only one with this complaining about admin.....
i dont know this guy Exor but mad respect you just took my words out of my mouth.
look original post of mine just putt that in the wrong thread ;P any way what i was saying was no BS @ all
hope some of you head admins do something about this admin abuses.. im not gonna call names SIGH

SILVER SURFER=the worst admin of them all.... Slays when ever he feels to !savelocs when ever he needs boost etc etc etc etc
and yes he and Barra are both low skilled hacker, 15 euro x22 radar hacks.. any way im gonna record your hacking skils and put this on forum so you will get perm bann before you get vacced..

Hey bud! Yeah, I saw your thread, and we've got two similar threads up there. I've been enjoying this game because of the EH servers, and although most of the admins are doing a great job, there are a few ones that are using the power to increase the fun of their own gameplay. I'd like to keep this thread as a feedback thread, which is why I haven't flamed any admins yet, but you're right - there are a couple of admins that should be reviewed.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I'd like to say that all this is being disussed privately already. We will solve the situation!

Element

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
13 Apr 2012
its making me sad to look that eXor talk so much batter english that me.. and we are from same country..
but anyway i just want to say that you do a good job eXor ;D
and the rest of the admin team ^^