Handled Unban Request: Pork gyros (Big Pitta)

5 Feb 2018
Ingame name Pork gyros (Big Pitta)
SteamID STEAM_0:1:9441303

Ban reason trying to teamkill in elevator
Unban reason
Hi, I wasn't trying to teamkill in the elevator on 4way map. About a minute or 2 before I got banned I was in the elevator with one other guy if I remember correctly. He came close to me, out of instinct I jumped up so he couldn't jump on my head and kill me, and I jumped onto the rail at the side of the elevator to stay away from him. The elevator got to the top, I got out and carried on with my game. A minute or two later I was banned, which was a shock because I wasn't trying to teamkill anyone and nobody in the lift was killed - I didn't get a verbal warning, slay, kick or anything, no chance to defend myself. Also, I know I have 3 previous bans from the same admin for the same exact reason, one of which I admit was deserved but the other 2 were undeserved because it was just a bunch of us messing around no harm intended. I realize the admins are just doing their job but please don't be too strict, or at least give a slay/kick warning, not a 3 week ban - that's just really harsh. Could I please have my ban reduced or lifted, I'm a regular on the server and not a troublemaker. Thanks.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Okay first of all the length was already a bit harsh since it was only the 4th ban which was obviously one reason why I decided to take less than the double amount of time compared to the previous ban. However it is your first unban request and I believe your story so I decided to unban you instantly.
Sorry btw for those 2 minutes delay, when we execute the ban it often needs some time until the server gets kicked from servers which can lead to the delay you just mentioned.
Also please keep in mind that teamkilling is against the rule and many players love to use that elevator to teamkill others. Even if it was a 'harmless' joke between friends, usually this leads to players getting killed even though they don't want that to happen and I can't really differentiate between these solutions or start asking everyone if that was okay for him. So in future just avoid messing around for fun cause similar to mobbing there is often at least one person who doesn't laugh about it. ;-)

5 Feb 2018
Hi Dataworm, thanks very much for the unban, much appreciated! I see what you're saying, I'll stay away from the elevator in future I think lol, not worth the hassle. Thanks again. :)